Team-BHP > Electric Cars


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 15:53   #631
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Yes Rada, you are right, though I had to cancel my trip to Hyderabad in mid way due to technical error in car, I am in love with this car. The more time you spend with the car, the more you understand it. Every time I take out the car, I feel I am blessed.
Chalanallahudug - I would definitely go with ZS EV if I am in your situation.
Rajala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 21:34   #632
BHPian
 
DrZhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 104 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post
I read about @Dr. Zhivago's problems with wiring and the following insurance/parts availability lead time grind he faced.

What has been your experience with the parts availability for the ZS EV? Give the traffic and state of our roads, I fear frequent service station visits and relatively long time separation from a car that I need daily.
It will be great to hear from you what you would have done in my situation as you may have gone through something similar at the time of your ZS E purchase.
Cheers
Seeing your comment I thought I should update about the issue I am facing with my ZS EV I got on the 26th of January. Well the car has been with the Dealer for nearly a month now and there is no sign of the wiring kit shipping or being invoiced. They are telling me from the dealer side that the part will ship soon. I called up MG Customer care and they couldn't tell me when the part would ship either and that was actually disappointing. I drove the car for barely 1000 kilometres and now it's in the garage for a month. I know it's an event that transpired beyond anyone's control but I do feel things could be sped up. I am really worried about this delay. Can anyone here guide me as to how this can be sped up and the part delivery expedited? God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 09:41   #633
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
Seeing your comment I thought I should update about the issue I am facing with my ZS EV I got on the 26th of January. Well the car has been with the Dealer for nearly a month now and there is no sign of the wiring kit shipping or being invoiced. They are telling me from the dealer side that the part will ship soon. I called up MG Customer care and they couldn't tell me when the part would ship either and that was actually disappointing. I drove the car for barely 1000 kilometres and now it's in the garage for a month. I know it's an event that transpired beyond anyone's control but I do feel things could be sped up. I am really worried about this delay. Can anyone here guide me as to how this can be sped up and the part delivery expedited? God Speed
Thank you DrZhivago. Your experience has pushed me firmly off the fence to the Hycross side now.
Thanks @Rada and @Rajala for your input.
chalanallahudug is offline  
Old 17th March 2023, 10:54   #634
BHPian
 
DrZhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 104 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post
Thank you DrZhivago. Your experience has pushed me firmly off the fence to the Hycross side now.
Thanks @Rada and @Rajala for your input.
The vehicle is a gem to drive to be honest. I drove it for a month before this happened. I would suggest you wait before taking a decision and test drive the MG and the other option back to back. I hope MG sorts out the issues its facing with parts and service. It's really sad to buy a car and then see it sit with the dealer for so long. I hope someone shows me a way to solve this delay. God Speed

Last edited by DrZhivago : 17th March 2023 at 11:13.
DrZhivago is offline  
Old 17th March 2023, 12:39   #635
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 6
Thanked: Once
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
The vehicle is a gem to drive to be honest. I drove it for a month before this happened. I would suggest you wait before taking a decision and test drive the MG and the other option back to back. I hope MG sorts out the issues its facing with parts and service. It's really sad to buy a car and then see it sit with the dealer for so long. I hope someone shows me a way to solve this delay. God Speed
Oh I have test driven the car 3 times now and loved it every time! That was the reason I booked it. Also, the sales guys are patient and I like the fact that they are not too pushy in their sales. My fear is just that as a single car owner I cannot afford to have this one car at the service center for weeks at a stretch, as in your case now. The free services or assured RSA or warranty does not help much in my case.

I hope the increased production from the Halol, Gujarat plant would ease the parts availability concern. This is going to be key to MG's success with the EV in India.
chalanallahudug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 17:49   #636
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 9
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

This is my first post, so please excuse any transgression.

Became the owner of a new MG ZS EV (silver color) few weeks back. No plans to write a review, as we already have a zillion reviews here. In a word, I will say one of the best decisions I have made. However my dream was a Harrier EV, for which I was waiting for several months until I realized that it will take another couple of years to materialize.
However let me share some thoughts, behavioral changes after using an EV for few weeks.

• Pro planner – The moment I started driving the new EV, I felt the need to refresh old mathematics lessons. You should have a good grip of several parameters like percentage of charge left, kwh to km ratio, km to Kwh ratio, economic drive mode, percentage of power used etc etc. Life was very simple when you just had to see km to empty in your dashboard. However, being a pro-planner helps you to realise what your EV can do for you, and to get total control over the vehicle
• One pedal driving – This is one feature I enjoy to the fullest. You quickly develop the skill to estimate distance to slow down and will have the capability to guess whether your vehicle will slow on time or not. Usage of break pedal has become an occasional affair. Ofcourse, you have to break during a sudden slow down, neck to neck traffic or when you want a complete stop, but except those scenarios that single pedal will be your control unit.
• Silence is beautiful – I started loving the absolute silent environment this car is providing. The occasional horns and skids from other vehicles wakes you from the silent world, but the new engine less world has made me a fan of silent drives and slowly away from the de facto FM stations.
• Geographer - Never in my life I realized that my city had smaller hilly terrains, until I started EVing. Since power consumed is a major factor in EV, uphills and downhills are easily recognized. The anxiety in losing quick percentage when you climb uphill, and the happiness when you gain a percentage downhill can never be explained in words. Slowly your regular routes gets mapped in your mind as terrains, with special notes on downhill drives where you can gain a percentage or two.
• Charging infrastructure – Not sure whether it was because all charging infrastructure in my city came overnight, or I never cared to realise that there are several charging stations around. Anyway, I now know almost all fast charging stations within 25km vicinity of my home, and even know how far each station is from my home. Whenever you plan for a long trip, almost all EV charging stations enroute gets etched in your mind.
• Recognizing co-drivers – One behavior change I need to point out here is the way how you recognize other EV drivers. You can clearly see the EV car owners (except EV taxi walas) on your way recognising a fellow EV driver, and even with a small smile on their face. EV log bhai bhai?
• Abhorrence towards fuel pump – Come on, you still live in the fossil fuel age? Though I wont spit it out, this thought often comes to my mind when I see a crowded petrol pump on the way. I know the pros of driving an ICE now, but when you can atleast get a positive feeling of saving the environment in a way or two, why not enjoy that moment of happiness?
• Charge anxiety – There are thousands of articles and millions of videos explaining why you don’t have to have charge anxiety in your mind. You get self educated on how to overcome that and gets a feeling and even show that you don’t care about charge anxiety. Whatever you do, the moment you start a long drive, the anxiety comes to you and will be there with you till your car comes back home after the trip, though you never show the same in front of your co-passengers.
• Electrical engineer – I never realized that I have to start learning basics of electrical engineering, until I tried to get the fast charger installed at home. The site survey team came and gave instructions on what all modifications to be done at home, before they can install the charger. Being an independent home, you need to have the connected load verified by EB, increase the AWG number, reduce the earth value, increase the fuse size etc etc before they can install the fast charger. To get these done by coordinating with state EB and your local electrician means, you should first have a master degree in electrical engineering
• EV consultant – I love this point. Having an EV is not uncommon now a days, but still you have someone or other approaching you and asking you details about owning EV and related questions means, you are an EV consultant. I love to educate them and even became consultants for several colleagues who were in the “is it right time for an EV” bandwagon. Being an expert has its own merits ��
• Cleanliness – My previous cars never needed this much cleaning I guess, but this car attracts all dust all the way, especially the back side. You will be tempted to give it a quick wash every other day.
• MapMy*** - Still wondering why Morris Garages decided to tie up with mapmyIndia , this is the worst one I have seen in my life. When I check for charging stations, the nearby one is around 750kms away. MG – please help with proper updates of maps, or get a better provider.
• Wireless – I sadly miss the wireless apple car play in this machine. You get irritated by the fact that you need to plug in your phone to get google map and youtube music/spotify in your screen. Maybe, its because you are used to the wireless feature, but this is a big miss in this car.

Anyway, I love this car a lot now. Still I am getting the headturns and nods, even when you are in midst of the nexon ev crowd. I love it a lot!!!
ItsMe747 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 18:08   #637
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 9
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalanallahudug View Post
Oh I have test driven the car 3 times now and loved it every time! That was the reason I booked it. Also, the sales guys are patient and I like the fact that they are not too pushy in their sales. My fear is just that as a single car owner I cannot afford to have this one car at the service center for weeks at a stretch, as in your case now. The free services or assured RSA or warranty does not help much in my case.

I hope the increased production from the Halol, Gujarat plant would ease the parts availability concern. This is going to be key to MG's success with the EV in India.
Saw an add in newspapers last week, that MG ZS EV is now available without waiting period. Not sure whether it was just a marketing gimmick or they really meant it. Anyway it seems they are increasing their production to meet the demand
ItsMe747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 20:36   #638
BHPian
 
rajeshrajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_20230321_124127.jpg

Sometimes you just smile ��
rajeshrajan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 21:28   #639
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,280
Thanked: 5,812 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
Attachment 2431665

Sometimes you just smile ��
That's great.
Here's mine during my recent drive to Manipal from Bangalore.
Did the 400+kms drive on a single charge with still 12% range left.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20230310_121725.jpg  

speedmiester is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 23:26   #640
BHPian
 
rajeshrajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 150 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
That's great.
Here's mine during my recent drive to Manipal from Bangalore.
Did the 400+kms drive on a single charge with still 12% range left.
That's cool. At its with an average speed of 69kmph.very cool
rajeshrajan is offline  
Old 23rd March 2023, 14:23   #641
BHPian
 
DrZhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 104 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
Saw an add in newspapers last week, that MG ZS EV is now available without waiting period. Not sure whether it was just a marketing gimmick or they really meant it. Anyway it seems they are increasing their production to meet the demand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post

Became the owner of a new MG ZS EV (silver color) few weeks back.
Its actually always been possible to get a vehicle in a month or two depending on the dealership I believe. Yes, the production has been ramped up and almost all the colors are easily available now with many getting the much in demand black and red readily. And congratulations on the buy, even I have the Aurora Silver. TeamBhp is a treasure trove for all your EV and ICE vehicle needs and I have been helped by the users here during my first few weeks driving the EV. I had so many doubts and user das_ren_auto was and is my EV guide and he was always at hand clearing my many silly doubts and advising me about the charging etc. My vehicle is right now at the service center in Trivandrum waiting for a repair work because of a rat bite and its been slow work so after I posted here, user Speedmiester connected me to some of the higher ups in MG and I am hoping the work gets expedited. If you need anything do reach out to us here, and happy mile munching. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 14:48   #642
BHPian
 
doctorjee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: 46 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
This is my first post, so please excuse any transgression.

Became the owner of a new MG ZS EV (silver color) few weeks back. No plans to write a review, as we already have a zillion reviews here. In a word, I will say one of the best decisions I have made. However my dream was a Harrier EV, for which I was waiting for several months until I realized that it will take another couple of years to materialize.
However let me share some thoughts, behavioral changes after using an EV for few weeks.
I identify with and agree with almost everything you have written!
I am driving my ZS EV for close to 3 years. I drive close to 50km daily (imagine my monthly savings... moreover, I and my wife get money for ~400L of petrol per month, so double the fun) and often go for outstation drives (usually to our weekend home in Matheran which is ~100km away from Mumbai, but also Mahabaleshwar, Nashik, etc.) I fail to understand why so many people are still sitting on the fence.

Something that you may have missed is the real satisfaction of driving a green vehicle. Yeah, there are those usual arguments about pollution at the source (thermal powerplants) and counterarguments of 1/3rd of our energy already renewable sourced, at least in Mumbai, but then I also decided to go for the 100% Green Club provided by our power distributor, by paying just 0.66p extra per unit.
The silence of the cabin got another advantage. I am a huge audiobook addict now!
For charger network, I would suggest the PlugShare app. I find it very useful! It is hard to make people believe, but I have never faced any critically low charge situation in the last 3 years. Never went below 10%, and never really faced any charge anxiety. On the contrary, I frequently faced extremely low fuel on my previous ICE and once got stranded at 3 am in Mumbai.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th March 2023 at 18:23. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
doctorjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 19:16   #643
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 61
Thanked: 92 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

A question for fellow ZS EV owners. I noticed an issue with front passenger side window. It is not aligned properly it seems. When I pull up the window, just before it is fully closed, it moves slightly towards left (you can notice this by observing the sticker pasted on the window). This is not the case with other three windows. I asked SA to check this during the servicing. He got back with a vague answer that there is a play to make sure that the window channel is not damaged. I didn't buy his argument and he had no answer when I asked him why same thing doesn't apply to other windows. He said he checked other cars and same issue is present for all ZS EVs. I am sure he is bluffing but just thought of asking here if any of you observed the same. I definitely plan to visit the workshop and ask him to show me the issue with other cars
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 09:51   #644
BHPian
 
DrZhivago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 104 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
A question for fellow ZS EV owners. I noticed an issue with front passenger side window. It is not aligned properly it seems. When I pull up the window, just before it is fully closed, it moves slightly towards left (you can notice this by observing the sticker pasted on the window). This is not the case with other three windows. I asked SA to check this during the servicing. He got back with a vague answer that there is a play to make sure that the window channel is not damaged. I didn't buy his argument and he had no answer when I asked him why same thing doesn't apply to other windows. He said he checked other cars and same issue is present for all ZS EVs. I am sure he is bluffing but just thought of asking here if any of you observed the same. I definitely plan to visit the workshop and ask him to show me the issue with other cars
I have noticed this in other cars and one of my earliest memories of a power window as a child was the glass moving to a side as it closed in. I think it might be normal? I will check this on my ZS but alas its at the service center so have to wait. I dont think I noticed this uptil now. Maybe other users can tell us after checking. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 21:04   #645
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 80
Thanked: 72 Times
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_5036.jpeg

Have been able to complete 2300kms at 8.4 km/kwh. I think I have understood the best way of driving without driving slow. As long at you dont have massive stints of quick accelerations and use one pedal driving as much as possible, you should be good
ankitsingh7 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks