Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2023, 23:15   #706
FNM
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Do the latest production runs of the ZS EV still not have wireless Apple CarPlay? Is there any information that the wireless CarPlay may be incorporated at a later date via a firmware update? I ask because I have read that the latest KIA/Hyundai models with the 10.2” which do not have wireless CarPlay will have that feature incorporated later this year via an OTA update.
Old 27th May 2023, 23:46   #707
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
On the contrary yesterday my service advisor said that tpms sensor can be installed in the spare and it can be used. However he will once again check with the tech team and reconfirm the same along the with the cost involved. I will update here on receipt of any information about this
Hi, were you able to succeed install a TPMS in the spare wheel?
Old 28th May 2023, 11:44   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
Hi, were you able to succeed install a TPMS in the spare wheel?
Yes .It has been installed and working fine.Total around 1100 rs including labour.
das_ren_auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 12:05   #709
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Yes .It has been installed and working fine.Total around 1100 rs including labour.
Great thanks! I’ll message you if I want to have it installed. How does the reading show up on the dashboard?
Old 28th May 2023, 12:45   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Great thanks! I’ll message you if I want to have it installed. How does the reading show up on the dashboard?
Tyre pressure of 4 tyres are displayed as usual. Once they change the tyre,tpms is reprogrammed for 4 running tyres.
das_ren_auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 17:10   #711
FNM
BHPian

Thank you! Good to know that.
FNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 21:05   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Do the latest production runs of the ZS EV still not have wireless Apple CarPlay? Is there any information that the wireless CarPlay may be incorporated at a later date via a firmware update? I ask because I have read that the latest KIA/Hyundai models with the 10.2” which do not have wireless CarPlay will have that feature incorporated later this year via an OTA update.
I have not heard of this for sure ... A request to all on this forum to let us know on this thread if Wireless Apple CarPlay can be enable via planned OTA update and if it becomes available
Old 28th May 2023, 21:13   #713
FNM
BHPian

https://www.v3cars.com/news/hyundai-...s-connectivity

For reference, this is the article I was referring to. My guess is that most 10.2” screens are sourced from the same vendor, hence there is a possibility that the MG screen can be updated too.
Old 29th May 2023, 11:44   #714
FNM
BHPian

Has anyone of you done Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar on a single charge? The distance from my house in Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar is 270km. So theoretically it is possible. But there are two Ghats to cross so I wonder if it is possible in practice?
Old 31st May 2023, 21:12   #715
BHPian

Hello Everyone.

My sincere thanks to the community from Chennai. I have been follower of Team BHP since 2010. Through your support and guidance, I have booked all my cars Honda City (Outgoing) and WRV. Once again through your guidance, I have taken plunge in EV car and booked Excite variant.

Booking Details:
I have booked on Monday - May29. The dealer was pushing for Exclusive since they had to clear stocks. But I settled for excite and it suited my needs. Dealer quickly completed the old vehicle exchange and Bank loan process today May31. The registration is planned for Monday, Jun05. Eagerly awaiting the delivery.

Dilemma:
I was eagerly waiting for Honda Elevate launch inorder to replace my 13 year 3rd Gen City. Like a typical City user, i was very reluctant to move outside of Honda.

I was not satisfied with any of the cars which i test drove in the Mid Size SUV category. As soon as Dealer informed that they are taking booking token, I paid and started waiting. After driving the Honda City Hybrid, I was very amazed by the finese of the car. Since there wont be Elevate Hybrid available immediately, I became interested and explored EV cars.

Nexon was too compact to my frame. My brother has MG Astor petrol. I know the car is well made and luxurious. My brother was happy except for the mileage part. Hence I Test drove ZS and immediately fell in love. So, I am here now.

Question:
1. Did you opt for insurance from dealer? Do I have any other choice?
2. What accessories did you choose outside from the dealer?
3. Has anyone installed Dashcam which can also act as front camera?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 1st June 2023, 05:52   #716
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjee View Post
I identify with and agree with almost everything you have written!
I am driving my ZS EV for close to 3 years. …. I often go for outstation drives (usually to our weekend home in Matheran which is ~100km away from Mumbai, but also Mahabaleshwar, Nashik, etc.)
@Doctorjee Did you do the Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar trip without recharging enroute? Can the ZS do that distance without recharging considering there are two Ghats to cross along the way?

Last edited by FNM : 1st June 2023 at 05:55.
Old 1st June 2023, 12:48   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukash View Post
Hello Everyone.
Question:
1. Did you opt for insurance from dealer? Do I have any other choice?
2. What accessories did you choose outside from the dealer?
3. Has anyone installed Dashcam which can also act as front camera?

Thanks in Advance.
Congratulations
Answers
1- I opted for Acko directly, did not go with the dealer's insurance.- Savings was roughly 35K.
2- I have not added any accessories apart from full accessory pack the dealer offered.
3- Yet to install dashcam.
Old 1st June 2023, 22:36   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
Congratulations
Answers
1- I opted for Acko directly, did not go with the dealer's insurance.- Savings was roughly 35K.
2- I have not added any accessories apart from full accessory pack the dealer offered.
3- Yet to install dashcam.
Thanks Rajesh. My dealer said he will install Dashcam, I will see his available options tomorrow.
Old 2nd June 2023, 07:15   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone of you done Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar on a single charge? The distance from my house in Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar is 270km. So theoretically it is possible. But there are two Ghats to cross so I wonder if it is possible in practice?
I haven't done the said route but I have done a nearly 270KM trip on 100 percent charge and I had 30 percent or more of charge left when I reached my destination. It was a normal NH drive in Kerala hence can't say about the Ghat sections and even when you drive there it will depend on the particular elevation because battery drains differently on different terrains like if it's a simple climb it won't hit it too hard but if it's a steep climb then the drain will be worrying. I hope someone who has done the said route can help you out. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:15   #720
BHPian

Friends, when I charge my car using super fast charger (60KWH) , I am getting "Battery discharge warning!" in my MG mobile app saying - "the ACC of your vehicle is running over 10 mins, please check vehicle status to avoid electricity loss." Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks