Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 21:05   #721
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
Friends, when I charge my car using super fast charger (60KWH) , I am getting "Battery discharge warning!" in my MG mobile app saying - "the ACC of your vehicle is running over 10 mins, please check vehicle status to avoid electricity loss." Is this normal, or should I be worried?
I have had the same message from day 1.
Nothing has changed or happened for the last 10 months.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 20:38   #722

Have there been any reports of rattling or noise originating from the sunroof switch panel or the sunroof area? Is there a permanent solution available for this issue?
I'm concerned because the service team has already removed my roof liner three times, and each time I've had to specifically ask them to clean it due to the grease marks they leave behind.
The first attempt was made during the initial service, the second during the second service, and the third only after I expressed my dissatisfaction with the problem persisting after two attempts. To make matters worse, during the last attempt I suspect my A pillar panel got damaged in the process.
Now, I'm planning to take my vehicle for the 10,000-kilometer service next week. Service guys promised that they will fix it this time. But I honestly don't have confidence in them anymore.
Do you have any tips or suggestions to help me address this issue?
Old 5th June 2023, 11:47   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime View Post
Have there been any reports of rattling or noise originating from the sunroof switch panel or the sunroof area? Is there a permanent solution available for this issue?
I had noticed this a few times and pointed it our during my 10K service. The SA explained that the rails are to be cleaned and greased, and the issue would be resolved. It did go away for a few thousand kms but then reappeared one day. After a few observations on when the sound occurs and the frequency, I noticed that if we open and close the sunroof a few times, the rattling goes away for a few thousand kms. At the moment, that is the only solution I have. Id be glad to hear of any other solutions.
Old 5th June 2023, 14:45   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, when I charge my car using super fast charger (60KWH) , I am getting "Battery discharge warning!" in my MG mobile app saying - "the ACC of your vehicle is running over 10 mins, please check vehicle status to avoid electricity loss." Is this normal, or should I be worried?
I believe this is probably because the battery cooling system kicks in and use AC to some extent. This happens only when you use fast charger irrespective of capacity. It happens with all DC chargers.
HappyRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 14:56   #725
BHPian

I also faced the same issue and reported for my second service. They said they have found the root cause and fixed it, and till now I am not hearing it...
Old 6th June 2023, 14:11   #726
BHPian

I had booked MG ES EV on May30 in Chennai, Perungudi showroom. Going to take delivery on Jun08. Luckily they had a car available readily. I faced a hands off approach by the Sales Person even within this 1 week period. I dont want someone to kiss the a$$ but basic sales civility should be there. I promptly got the Team Lead number and asked him to manage as I was not getting a welcome experience. It is better now.

I again had a tiff to pay the full amount for the accessories before completing delivery. I have put my foot down and said I will hold some payment rather than agreeing to be their hostage. They agreed after I talked with Showroom manager.

I think we as customers are also at fault for considering everything the dealer is asking for without employing common sense.
Chukash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 14:56   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
@Doctorjee Did you do the Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar trip without recharging enroute? Can the ZS do that distance without recharging considering there are two Ghats to cross along the way?
Hi, I charged only once in Pune, MG Showroom Fortum charger for free, on our way to Mahabaleshwar. Didn't really need to charge on our way back, reached Pune with ~50%, which is good enough for Pune-Mumbai but then Pune charging was free so topped up anyway.
doctorjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 15:13   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;5556269
Has anyone of you done Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar on a single charge? The distance from my house in Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar is 270km. So theoretically it is possible. But there are two Ghats to cross so I wonder if it is possible in practice?
I won't recommend doing Mum-Mahab in one charge. The ghats are terrible.
The typical estimate is that you would use up an additional 50%–80% of the range depending on how steep the road is.
Pune is ~550m above sea level. Mahab is 1372m above sea level.
Mum-Pune is 150km, you rise 550m so we can take the lower end, 50% additional.
Pune-Mahab is 120km, you rise another 850m. Steep. We can take ~65% additional.
So, (150+75)+(120+78)=225+198=423km. You will not make it with ZSEV 2020 or 2021 for sure. You may have some chance if you drive the 2022 model with AC turned off.
As mentioned, I charged in Pune. It was a very comfortable drive overall.
doctorjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:15   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukash View Post
Question:
1. Did you opt for insurance from dealer? Do I have any other choice?
2. What accessories did you choose outside from the dealer?
3. Has anyone installed Dashcam which can also act as front camera?

Thanks in Advance.
1. I opted for insurance from outside. Saved around 36k compared to dealer insurance.
2. Opted for following accessories at a small discount - Chrome Tailgate, Sill Plate, Hood Branding, Car Cover, Mud Flaps, Mats, Sun Shades (these are of really good quality)
3. Yes. Bought DDPAI Mola N3 from Amazon. USB port for dashcam on rear view mirror is a blessing.

Quote:
@Doctorjee Did you do the Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar trip without recharging enroute? Can the ZS do that distance without recharging considering there are two Ghats to cross along the way?
I would say avoid taking a risk. You can charge it somewhere in Pune or on NH48. While on your way back, you may comfortably reach Mumbai without charging due to downhill drive but other way round is challenging.

Quote:
This is normal. Don't worry.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 21:29   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
3. Yes. Bought DDPAI Mola N3 from Amazon. USB port for dashcam on rear view mirror is a blessing.

Are you considering to hard wire it by any chance?
Old 8th June 2023, 12:38   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukash View Post
Are you considering to hard wire it by any chance?
Nope. I don't plan to have parking monitoring so hardwiring is not required.
Old 8th June 2023, 16:17   #732
BHPian

I found this video on Youtube narrating a disturbing ordeal faced by a MG ZS EV owner a week back at PPS MG Showroom in Coimbatore. The presenter of the video is a close relative of the bereaved customer and he is also a very well respected YouTuber known for his honest unscripted car reviews. I have paraphrased and translated the content of the video in English.

The bereaved party a family of three - husband, wife and young son had to leave to Coimbatore from Tiruppur(approx distance 60 Km) for a hospital visit. Since it was an emergency they did not have sufficient time to fully charge their car - a three year old MG ZS EV Exclusive. The car had 45% charge at the start of their journey and they believed they can make it back with some battery left. But after the hospital visit they had to visit a few other places and now they clearly cannot make it back without stopping to re-charge. So, they decided to stop at the PPS MG Showroom in Coimbatore since it is on the way back to Tiruppur on the National Highway. By the time they reached the showroom it was 6:15 PM and the MG showroom had just closed but a number of the showroom employees were still inside. Point to be noted is the bereaved party had no intention to charge their car in the showroom. Instead there is a TATA owned charging point inside the premises where any customer of any brand can recharge. But unfortunately the TATA charger was not working. This is where their ordeal with the showroom began:

Before I begin I would like to state that this is the very showroom where 3 years back the bereaved party might have taken delivery of their brand new ZS EV. That is a fair guess as this is the only MG showroom in this side of the state.

Now to the ordeal as stated by the YouTuber on behalf of the bereaved party:

1) The wife approaches the showroom first and speaks to a showroom representative there. She narrates the situation and asks if they can just charge for 15 minutes so they can get back to their hometown. She was even ready to pay for it.
2) The MG showroom representatives stiff response was "As per company policy we cannot charge the car."
3) This went back and forth for sometime and this when the husband interjected himself to again request the showroom employee.
4) The husbands request was simple "You promised 24*7 assistance incase of a vehicle getting stranded because of lack of charge. But here I am in your showroom asking for assistance. Why won't you help now?"
5) This riled up the showroom employee real good and he now took it on a personal level. His response shocked the husband - "Why didn't you plan your trip properly? Why did you begin your journey with not enough charge?"

I'm interjecting here to add my opinion: This is the precise nature of unplanned journeys. This is especially true with EV vehicles and the charging infrastructure in our country which is still at a nascent stage. Every car buyer who considers an EV will have this precise question "What happens incase charge runs out? Will the showroom help us incase of an emergency?"
And this is where the dealers have to assure buyers that they will help them in any way possible.

6) This went on for close to 45 minutes and the family just gave up as the showroom rep started to get very rude. Since they had their kid with them and just want to get back home after the hospital visit they decided to end it there.
7) They turned off Electricals like AC and radio so they can extract maximum kilometres with the charge left in the car.
8) Limping kilometre by kilometre they managed to cover 30 kilometres(halfway to home) and found a charging point on the national highway with 3% battery left.

The Youtube presenter goes on to speak about where is the humanity in leaving a family stranded like this and ends the video on a dejected note.

My opinion is that the showroom lost a chance to prove themselves that they are customer centric. Instead they threw policy at their own customer and left them stranded. This has left a bitter taste in my mouth as this is the very showroom where my Father-in-law took delivery of his ZS EV 6 months back. ZS EV is a great car but a car is only as good as the showroom selling and servicing it.

I'm on a fuel efficient car hunt to replace my ageing i20 and ZS EV along with City Hybrid and Hyryder were my considerations in the 25 lakh range. Now surely dropping my plans for an EV at least until the charging network becomes on par with the demand.

Here is the video uploaded on Youtube narrating the same in Tamil:

Cheers!
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 16:52   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
My opinion is that the showroom lost a chance to prove themselves that they are customer centric. Instead they threw policy at their own customer and left them stranded. This has left a bitter taste in my mouth as this is the very showroom where my Father-in-law took delivery of his ZS EV 6 months back. ZS EV is a great car but a car is only as good as the showroom selling and servicing it.

I'm on a fuel efficient car hunt to replace my ageing i20 and ZS EV along with City Hybrid and Hyryder were my considerations in the 25 lakh range. Now surely dropping my plans for an EV at least until the charging network becomes on par with the demand.
I agree MG's treatment to the customer was not customer centric and they could have helped out. But then they had a public charger installed for public use which was not working. Now to their benefit Tata power maintains the charger, it is not their responsibility.

Having said that i disagree with the fact that they were left stranded and your comment about the charging network. A cursory check on plugshare, i found a relux charger and another tata power charger nearby. They could have very well moved to that charger and written an email complaint to MG motors regarding the dealership experience.

P.S. - I don't own a MG car.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-screenshot-20230608-164132.jpg
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 17:43   #734
FNM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
4) The husbands request was simple "You promised 24*7 assistance incase of a vehicle getting stranded because of lack of charge. But here I am in your showroom asking for assistance. Why won't you help now?"
Cheers!
I haven’t seen the video, but did the family not try pressing the “emergency assist” button on the steering wheel and ask for assistance from MG?

Ps: sad that the MG showroom staff were so inconsiderate.
FNM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 18:10   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Having said that i disagree with the fact that they were left stranded and your comment about the charging network. A cursory check on plugshare, i found a relux charger and another tata power charger nearby. They could have very well moved to that charger and written an email complaint to MG motors regarding the dealership experience.
I'm not worried about the charging infrastructure in my city or any city for that matter. But I travel long distances twice a month and I don't want to be on the receiving end of this when almost out of charge. Moot to discuss why they did, what they did and what they could've done differently. The bone of contention here is the way PPS MG handled things. As to why they did not use plugshare app to find a charger nearby, your guess is as good as mine.

They did write an email to MG. And got an apology from the HQ(not the dealership) as stated in the video. But this apology is just that, a classic verbiage that did not solve anything.

Quote:
I haven’t seen the video, but did the family not try pressing the “emergency assist” button on the steering wheel and ask for assistance from MG?
They were in a MG showroom, probably the only one for hundreds of kilometres. I don't think they would've done that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks