Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2022, 14:52   #61
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkantha View Post
For the current Exclusive only they are struggling to deliver, not sure for Exite how they will manage..
Just got a call from the RM. My booking is now second in the queue at the Flagship showroom in Gurgaon. My booking date was 6th Feb 2022. Anyone else has a booking at the same showroom? Want to check if they’re not just leading me on.
Old 17th May 2022, 13:58   #62
Senior - BHPian

Completed a long drive, the first one on an electric. A 2020 MG ZS. This was Bangalore - Mysore and back. Cannot be considered a long trip actually with all the traffic.

The charge was at 99% while leaving and reached there with it showing 52%. This was 155 kms and was similar on the return as well, although we fully charged at the Zeon charging point in Mysore.

Point to note was that there was heavy traffic one way and the return although saw moderate traffic, had heavy rains till half way. And the car was being driven like a IC engined car, no light foot or keeping speeds low.
tharian is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 23:05   #63
BHPian

I saw a youtuber carry a stabilizer when traveling to Ladakh with the ZS. Is that a common practice when traveling to remote places with an EV?
Old 27th May 2022, 06:33   #64
BHPian

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but what are the differences between the excite and exclusive variants of the ZS EV?
Old 28th May 2022, 07:08   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but what are the differences between the excite and exclusive variants of the ZS EV?
  1. Panoramic Sunroof
  2. Lane change assist (lack of 360 degree cameras)
  3. Blind spot monitoring
  4. Rear cross traffic alert
  5. Leatherette Upholstery (this might be a positive, given the lack of ventilated seats)
  6. PM 2.5 Filter
  7. Certain connected car features
The excite version, as in the earlier model, will be missing the following:
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 11:18   #66
BHPian

Anyone still waiting for their EV? I prebooked mine before the facelift launch in Feb as i was out of the country for the next 2 months. They are saying they're still delivering cars from December(?!). They keep telling me they're not being allotted any cars. It seems all the cars are going to the North. The SA told me out of the 16 cars that were allotted Pan India for May, 12 went to the North, 2 to the South, 1 to east and 1 to Mumbai.

How much backlog do these guys have?
Old 29th May 2022, 11:45   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Anyone still waiting for their EV? I prebooked mine before the facelift launch in Feb as i was out of the country for the next 2 months. They are saying they're still delivering cars from December(?!). They keep telling me they're not being allotted any cars. It seems all the cars are going to the North. The SA told me out of the 16 cars that were allotted Pan India for May, 12 went to the North, 2 to the South, 1 to east and 1 to Mumbai.

I am not sure for a month MG assembly line can support only 16 cars production. It should be more. Not sure what is happening to increase production capacity, when they have demand. Tata has increased Nexon output to 15k per month to meet the demand.
Old 29th May 2022, 12:11   #68
BHPian

Don't worry! The situation in North is not good either. I have booked mine in Feb as well. Still waiting for my car, and still can't get any concrete confirmation from the sales team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post

siddharthgarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 12:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
Don't worry! The situation in North is not good either. I have booked mine in Feb as well. Still waiting for my car, and still can't get any concrete confirmation from the sales team.
Well, that's.. reassuring, I guess? MG really dropped the ball with their production and timelines. How bad can production be that they're only allotting a literal handful of cars a month? And customer care says deliveries will take 6-7 months. I might as well get a CBU car in that time frame.

MG is the only sub-50L EV worth considering sadly IMO, and they're milking it for all it's worth.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 21:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
I had to breakdown quite a few doors to get an answer for mine.
So all the waitlists are broken down based on color. There is a system that your RM’s manager will have access to that will get you the answer. Mine is 2nd in the black color queue. I am not sure if this waitlist is showroom specific because 2 different showrooms gave me the same answer.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 23:51   #71

When the weather is right, the '20 ZS EV can be really efficient. I can't wait for the 2022 version to arrive in my garage day after tomorrow. I'll post some pics of the delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img20220529wa0033.jpg  

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th May 2022 at 12:21. Reason: Poorly typed post
anshul70701 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 06:57   #72
BHPian

Had registered my interest on ZS EV and the local dealership at Cochin called me back. I was particularly interested in the Excite variant due to be launched in July. The representative immediately said that Excite will not be available at all as there is a tremendous backlog of deliveries. Even those who booked the car last March haven't received it yet. The car is imported from Netherlands and only 2500 are allotted every year, hence the crunch is what he informed. He was pushing me to go for the Exclusive variant. AFAIK the ZS is coming in as CKD right? The 2500 rule is for CBU imports right? Or because the Aster is produced here, some components are locally manufactured? I wasn't so sure, so I told him I'll contact later.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 30th May 2022 at 07:03.
Old 30th May 2022, 11:09   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Had registered my interest on ZS EV and the local dealership at Cochin called me back. I was particularly interested in the Excite variant due to be launched in July. The representative immediately said that Excite will not be available at all as there is a tremendous backlog of deliveries. Even those who booked the car last March haven't received it yet. The car is imported from Netherlands and only 2500 are allotted every year, hence the crunch is what he informed. He was pushing me to go for the Exclusive variant. AFAIK the ZS is coming in as CKD right? The 2500 rule is for CBU imports right? Or because the Aster is produced here, some components are locally manufactured? I wasn't so sure, so I told him I'll contact later.
I do not know if he is being truthful as it is still listed on their website. However he might have some inside knowledge. I personally have a booking for the Excite model since Oct 2021. It was for the 2021 model however it was changed to the 2022 model once the facelift was launched.

I could buy the Nexon Max as it is in a similar price point but the MG is a segment higher and was really nice to drive. Lets hope they release the Excite in July and I get my car soon.
Old 30th May 2022, 22:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
I had to breakdown quite a few doors to get an answer for mine.
So all the waitlists are broken down based on color. There is a system that your RM’s manager will have access to that will get you the answer. Mine is 2nd in the black color queue. I am not sure if this waitlist is showroom specific because 2 different showrooms gave me the same answer.
I'd booked a black one as well. but my number doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
When the weather is right, the '20 ZS EV can be really efficient. I can't wait for the 2022 version to arrive in my garage day after tomorrow. I'll post some pics of the delivery.
Congratulations! Looking forward to a comparison with the previous-gen ZS.

Last edited by venom_op : 30th May 2022 at 22:17.
Old 31st May 2022, 10:32   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
There is a system that your RM’s manager will have access to that will get you the answer. Mine is 2nd in the black color queue. I am not sure if this waitlist is showroom specific because 2 different showrooms gave me the same answer.
How you will know your queue details ?

Most Viewed