Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 08:21   #1126
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

The dealer-installed package includes a JBL A352Hi, complete with a mounting damping bracket and a separate wiring harness designed for the factory cable pods. I have pictures available if needed, as I obtained them during yesterday's initial servicing. As far as I'm aware, the rear speakers are not sharing cable with front speakers and balacing possible.
kochicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 09:34   #1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
I bought a new excite pro ZS EV in April 2024. The jbl speakers did not come fitted from factory and the dealer later ordered them. Upon installation I saw that theyre the basic JBL A352HI coaxial speakers. The dealership also stated that they can't be upgraded since warranty will be voided. Can someone with the excite pro variant confirm this? The excite pro comes with JBL A352HI coaxial speakers and 2 basic tweeters?
I took delivery of my excite pro a few days ago and it did not have the speakers fitted at the time of delivery, when did you get it ? during car delivery or at a later point (life first service)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humane India View Post
Hi Everyone

- There is a new software for the infotainment 2.0 with a new screen BUT there is no easy way to go to in built navigation

[/b]
I was not able to find my way to the in built navigation in my exite pro (I was only able to use the navigation via Android Auto)...can you share how you got to it?

Please share some pictures, I am still waiting for my speakers

Last edited by Sheel : 24th May 2024 at 09:58. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 24th May 2024, 10:12   #1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
I took delivery of my excite pro a few days ago and it did not have the speakers fitted at the time of delivery, when did you get it ? during car delivery or at a later point (life first service)?

I was not able to find my way to the in built navigation in my exite pro (I was only able to use the navigation via Android Auto)...can you share how you got to it?

Please share some pictures, I am still waiting for my speakers
- Even I am unable to yet find a way to navigation for the 2.0 software
- Wireless AA & AC works fabulously, completely smooth
Humane India is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 23:42   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
The dealer-installed package includes a JBL A352Hi, complete with a mounting damping bracket and a separate wiring harness designed for the factory cable pods. I have pictures available if needed, as I obtained them during yesterday's initial servicing. As far as I'm aware, the rear speakers are not sharing cable with front speakers and balacing possible.
Could you please share the pictures. My dealer didn't put the mounting brackets and the speakers were directly mounted into the cavity.
Old 24th May 2024, 23:46   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
My dealer ordered the speakers and fitted them almost after one week of the car delivery date.
nimblemaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 16:14   #1131
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthys View Post
On checking with a few tyre dealers in Kochi, they said EV specific tyres are available with Apollo & Ceat.

Apollo EV tyres cost around 9700 per tyre.

None of the other frontline tyre companies have EV specific tyres, based on what they told me.

May go with Michelins. Not decided.
Contd..
Replaced all 4 tyres last week at Kottayam.
It is raining very heavily in Kerala and did not want any mishaps.
The dealer offered Michelins at 13,250 per tyre and Yokohoma Earth 1 tyres at 10,800 per tyre.Yokohomas have unconditional warranty for 5 years.Michelins have replacement only for manufacturing defects.
After some thought, decided to go with Michelins.I have never driven a car with Michelin Tyres and decided to give it a try.
The dealer did not give any freebies and the total damage was Rs.54,000(including balancing & alignment).
It's a good thing that I replaced the tyres because the treadwear was very bad. The car would definitely have aquaplaned somewhere if I had not changed the tyres.
I had done alignment only at the service centre so far.Will have to do it outside now as the uneven treadwear of the old tyres were definitely due to improper alignment.
The new tyres were manufactured in January 2024(0224).

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240523_153115.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240523_153100.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240525_072843.jpg

I have drove around 100kms since the change.
Initial impressions
- Totally silent cabin. No tyre noises at all.
- Ride seems much more comfortable and smooth.
sushanthys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 20:11   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Is there an option to set the mode to Eco as default on the first gen ZS EV?
When the car is powered on, it is in Normal mode always.

Most Viewed