Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 17:07   #121
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I have seen on few video reviews that the car doesn't charge until it's locked. That's why I have this querry. That's my priority before deciding the car to buy. So I need practical opinion based on own experience. Thank you.
I am able to start the charging with the car lock unlocked. In fact I usually start the charging at my home charger, put the Exicom RFID key back in the car and then lock it.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 17:21   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Any suggestions on the accessories you guys are planning to take from MG and from third parties?[/list]
I bought following accessories from MG -
1. Car cover (Silver) - decent quality
2. Sun shades for all windows - Really a good quality ones
3. Mats and Mud flaps - I wanted 3D mats but the dealership said they haven't received it for ZS EV yet (back in May) anywhere in India. The Astor ones doesn't fit ZS EV. So I bought the normal ones. Quality is good though.
4. Scuff Plates (normal) - Illuminated ones from MG are too expensive in my opinion.
5. Hood branding (Chrome)
6. Chrome tailgate
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 20:56   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
I am able to start the charging with the car lock unlocked. In fact I usually start the charging at my home charger, put the Exicom RFID key back in the car and then lock it.
Can you please try using the air conditioning while charging and update us?
Old 14th June 2022, 22:33   #124
BHPian

Don’t even think of using the car while charging. I suffered a very unfortunate incident, which just ruined my entire day, and in fact my entire trip.

I planned to travel to Jodhpur, and took a charging stop at MG Ajmer, which had a 50 kW Tata Power Charger. I finished the charging, unplugged and tried to start the car. To my horror, the car simply refused to start and kept on giving “HV Battery Shutoff” & “Vehicle Control System Fault”. As I was at the MG Service Centre only, I asked the staff there to help, but they couldn’t do anything as the Ajmer centre doesn’t service the EV.
Then I reached out to the Pulse Hub, who connected me to the service head in Jaipur Service Centre. He suggested a few troubleshooting steps, and also guided the Ajmer Centre staff to try a few things. But, none of it worked!

Alas, I had to finally get my car towed to the Jaipur service centre. I would definitely praise the MG Pulse Hub, as they quickly arranged the tow and even provided me a free of cost cab for my remaining journey to Jodhpur.

Next day, on diaganosis, it was found that this fatal error occurred because I tried to start the car while charging, which I didn’t actually do. But turns out that I had tried to start the AC through the app before the charging had finished. This small mistake of mine converted into a huge nightmare for me.

It is definitely a huge software bug as the app should simply not allow any operations while the car is charging if this error is likely to occur. But to every owner, I would simply recommend that do not think of so much as touching the car while it is charging. I definitely think that this can’t be the only bug in the damn software, so rather be safe than sorry.
siddharthgarg is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:21   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
I definitely think that this can’t be the only bug in the damn software, so rather be safe than sorry.
Talking about the bugs, within 2 days of delivery of my MG ZS EV, car's connected features stopped working. Weather, navigation, Smart drive tracking etc. stopped working. Head Unit showed "no network" for inbuilt Jio sim. But surprisingly, Jio Saavn app was working. So this definitely was not the network range issue. Since these were not some "must work" features for me, I thought I will visit the workshop later. After 7 days, these features suddenly started working on their own only to stop working again after a week or so. I also noticed one more issue that when I started my car, the SoC showed 14% on head unit whereas actual range was around 71% (which was displayed correctly in Instrument Cluster). This corrects itself after driving a few kms. The same issue was observed 3-4 times where the SoC will always show 14%. This time I took my car to workshop and the SA told me that couple of owners have reported the 14% SoC issue for 2022 model. They also checked the connected features issue and came to a conclusion that the T-box is going in sleep mode. They did system reset and the issue was resolved. SA spoke to technical folks from plant or head office and said that it's a bug in the 2022 model software and will require a month to fix. Until then these issues may reoccur. I am still waiting for the bug fix. And as I am writing this post, my connected features have stopped working

Any other owners in the forum who faced similar issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Can you please try using the air conditioning while charging and update us?
I tried this and AC worked just fine. However as pointed by @siddharthgarg, please refrain from doing so.
JitendraW is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 17:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
And as I am writing this post, my connected features have stopped working
This sounds thoroughly annoying but it seems to be a regular issue with connected cars these days. I'm sure there are similar issues with other connected cars as well but since we don't have too many of those on our streets we don't really hear much about it. My brother's Polestar 2 in the US had a similar issue. They changed the T Cam module in a day and returned the car though.

Does Carplay/Android Auto work fine though? If those are working it should be fine right?
Old 16th June 2022, 10:18   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Does Carplay/Android Auto work fine though? If those are working it should be fine right?
Yes. Apple Carplay works flawlessly (wish it was wireless though) and that's one of the reasons I mentioned that the connected features are not "must work" for me. Though it's annoying to have such issues in a brand new car.
Old 17th June 2022, 02:29   #128
BHPian

Quote:
And as I am writing this post, my connected features have stopped working

Any other owners in the forum who faced similar issues?
I frequently faced this issue on my MG Astor. A fix that works for me is to reset the head unit, which i learnt after pressuring the pulse hub agent into telling me when she recommended i go to the service center. I think the same should work for you too.

To reset the head unit.
1. Keep the car in "start" mode, with Engine on.
2. Long press the HOME button until the HU screen goes blank.
3. Shut down the car and wait for 10 minutes.
4. Start the car again

This usually resolves the issue for me. After the most recent OTA update, i haven't encountered this issue so far, so maybe a fix will come for the EV too. If infact, it's fixed for good.
cbrspn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 19:14   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrspn View Post
After the most recent OTA update, i haven't encountered this issue so far, so maybe a fix will come for the EV too. If infact, it's fixed for good.
Thanks buddy. Dealership sent a technician home to install some updates on HU. I could see there were multiple updates he had in USB to install which took him around 1.5 hours. So looks like the same updates as Astor and in addition, I could read one SoC related update which seems to be for 14% SoC issue. Will observe it for few days if the issues are fixed or not.
JitendraW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 15:04   #130

When did you book this? And which city? Some people have been waiting since January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Got mine Allocated. Inside news, 11 were allocated pan India today. Dont ask me how I know, if I tell you, I have to kill you Attachment 2318828
Old 18th June 2022, 16:57   #131
BHPian

Is there any information available on the features of Excite model apart from no sunroof, ADAS and leatherette seat. I am mainly interested in electrically folding ORVM. This was not available in the pre-facelift Excite model.
Old 19th June 2022, 20:49   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
I am mainly interested in electrically folding ORVM.
Given that the difference in price between the two models is higher than before, there’s a possibility that you might not get it. One good reference point would be looking at cheaper Astor models. If there are some without auto folding ORVMs then most probably you won’t get them.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 20:52   #133
BHPian

Can existing owners comment on the quality of the music system? I hear it’s very average and there are no subwoofers as well. Can this be upgraded within MG? I couldn’t find speakers specifications on its brochure or website as well.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:41   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
Can existing owners comment on the quality of the music system? I hear it’s very average and there are no subwoofers as well. Can this be upgraded within MG? I couldn’t find speakers specifications on its brochure or website as well.
This was something i also requested my SA and he mentioned we would not be able to upgrade the speakers set up/ music system without voiding the warranty.
Brochure mentions it is 4 speakers + 2 tweeters and SA said these were MG speakers and not any other brand.
car-o-holic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 18:30   #135
BHPian

The Sound Quality is very average. It does the job, but I have seen better sound systems in sub-10L cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
siddharthgarg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed