Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2024, 15:46   #1066
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
The ZS EV does not support the 150 KW or 360 KW chargers. It will only charge it ideally at 60 KW. I own an Ioniq and one of the major pullers was the charging capacity and battery to opt for it instead of the BYD
It depends on the voltage range of the charger, while it won't support the max charge speed of the charger, it should charge at the max speed, that the vehicle accepts.
Old 5th April 2024, 15:49   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet0112 View Post
Hello fellow bhpians,

Does ZS support superfast (150kW) and ultrafast (360kW) chargers?
Yes ZS does support 150KW charger. I was able to topup at Vellore Chargezone using this 150KW charger and it worked flawlessly. My SoC was at 13%.
Old 7th April 2024, 10:32   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet0112 View Post
Does ZS support superfast (150kW) and ultrafast (360kW) chargers?
Yes, the facelifted ZS EV (2022 onwards) is capable of pulling max 76kW. This is the max power it can pull even from a 150kW charger.
shrey220 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 14:01   #1069
BHPian

Is now the right time to buy an ZS EV? Or is it better to wait for the next set of EVs? I am looking for another EV in addition to my Tiago for long drives. This car is supposed to replace my Compass Diesel. 350 km is good enough for me since my long drives are within Kerala.
Old 16th April 2024, 14:08   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josetom89 View Post
Is now the right time to buy an ZS EV? Or is it better to wait for the next set of EVs? I am looking for another EV in addition to my Tiago for long drives. This car is supposed to replace my Compass Diesel. 350 km is good enough for me since my long drives are within Kerala.
It all depends on how urgent it is for you to change your car. There are some EVs lined up for the second half. Tata Curvv is one, MG will most probably launch Cloud EV. Finally Creta EV is doing alot of testing. I think the launch is round the corner.

If you cannot wait, MG ZS is the best bang for buck EV available today. The second model from the bottom priced at 19.99 lakhs is the best bet.
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 14:20   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
It all depends on how urgent it is for you to change your car. There are some EVs lined up for the second half. Tata Curvv is one, MG will most probably launch Cloud EV. Finally Creta EV is doing alot of testing. I think the launch is round the corner.

If you cannot wait, MG ZS is the best bang for buck EV available today. The second model from the bottom priced at 19.99 lakhs is the best bet.
Thank you. There is no urgency, but the fact is that after buying Tiago EV all my other cars are sitting idle. Tiago ran 20k in 7 months. There is a constant clash between me and my dad for the Tiago . Hence thought about adding a second EV.
We have three drivers in the family and none except me drives the compass since it is a manual transmission. Compass is only three years old and I am sad to let it go.

Last edited by josetom89 : 16th April 2024 at 14:23.
Old 16th April 2024, 14:50   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
We have a Compass petrol manual which is just over 2 years old and a 4 month old ZS EV. I can assure you that ZS is a very good car. Way cheaper to maintain, much easier to drive around. Even we have started using the ZS for all our drives within Kerala instead of the Compass. But I would still not recommend it as a replacement for the Compass. Compass definitely feels a segment above the ZS. Besides, you are likely to take a big hit financially because of the resale value of Compass.
Night Raven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 04:41   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anksoft View Post
I wish to do so the same for ioniq 5, other than the twitter handle, do you have any other point of contact?
Guys, instead of going for the Legrand box. Consider getting the Panasonic Wiz 16A EV Outlet. I saw this product after buying Legrand box and totally regretted not finding it earlier.

Panasonic's box has more features plus it's a smart outlet that lets you monitor usage as per ads.

It's cheaper than Legrand box too.

Few weeks back it was on Amazon but now it's out of stock, however, if you look up online, you'll find multiple sellers. Perhaps you could even reach out to Panasonic India on X and try to get the contact of the reseller in your city.

For reference, check out the product on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-Char.../dp/B0C94SWD3V

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-panasonic1.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-panasonic2.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-panasonic3.jpg

It's nicely designed, compact and with all the required features + more.
Smartomotive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 16:19   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
The ZS EV is a competent highway mile muncher as long as your trips are below 500 KM one way and you have multiple 50+ kW on your frequented routes. One stop for a meal + charge and it's effortless. Things become a lot trickier if you have to do a two stop drive, the second stop burns time you wouldn't normally be burning with an ICE vehicle.

The biggest USP of the ZS EV is that it has a very solid BMS + Battery combo. Don't have to worry about charge/discharge cycles etc.

Do consider the BYD Atto 3 as well if your budget permits. The additional 10 kWh in battery capacity is a big boost for long drives. Lot more interior space on offer on the Atto 3.
shyampsunder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 21:21   #1075

Quote:
Thank you. There is no urgency, but the fact is that after buying Tiago EV all my other cars are sitting idle. Tiago ran 20k in 7 months. There is a constant clash between me and my dad for the Tiago . Hence thought about adding a second EV.
We have three drivers in the family and none except me drives the compass since it is a manual transmission. Compass is only three years old and I am sad to let it go.
Having used a polo pre facelift 2013, then both jeep compass and zs ev extensively, would say it’s best to wait for an updated model. Compass has got much better build quality, less creaks and squeaks (we still miss polo here) compared to zs, far better ride with independent rear suspension and better road noise insulation. I would keep compass and wait for an updated zs ev which hopefully is more confidence inspiring or go for an updated BYD atto 3. You’ll regret selling compass at this point.
lime is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks