Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 16:40   #211
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
I have a very strange observation with the speakers. My Apple CarPlay would hang very often.
Is that Apple CarPlay hanging issue resolved for you now after the update? I have observed this issue many times. Especially every time I try using MS Teams thru Apple Car Play, the HU just hangs. I need to restart the HU (by long pressing Home button) every time this happens.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th August 2022 at 16:54. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 9th August 2022, 16:51   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
Thanks and congrats. I should also be over 1k by this weekend too. How are you finding the head unit? I have just ordered an Android AI box to get wireless carplay.
While in general the head unit is fine, there are some annoying drawbacks which mar the experience.
  • There is no call end button on the steering wheel, if you need to end the call, you need to use the headunit screen.
  • Also if you cancel any call, there is an annoying popup, that asks if I want to check the missed calls. This doesn't go away, unless you hit the cancel button the screen.
  • The head unit always starts on the radio irrespective of what other music source you may have used. This can be quite irritating.
  • The volume level for radio and other music sources is different. Radio is much louder at smaller volume

I am planning to give a detailed feedback to MG during the first service. Hope they can fix a few of them using updates.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 17:27   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Once the car was delivered, the bass of the speakers was audibly enhanced. I asked my wife about the same and she said the same thing. Not sure what happened there. Its still not the best sound in the world, my 2018 Verna SX(O) still sounds better but I dont know what they did, the sound improved quite a bit.
That's Interesting! I felt something similar. I took a test drive in Mumbai and another one in my hometown. Test drive and the showroom display car in Mumbai had bad tinny sound quality even after adjusting equaliser but when I took a test drive in Kerala it sounded much better.

Have to get to the bottom of this. Probably next showroom visit.

Also I was taken aback by the fact that AC cannot be used while charging the car . Did any new software update fix this problem?

Can someone please help me with the latest software version required for a peaceful experience? (if at all the version number is visible somewhere)

Is there anyway to reprogram the tyre pressure monitoring system? To keep it around 35PSI and teach the car that it's normal so that it doesn't throw any warning.

PS: First day of posting in teambhp. Have been following various threads and posts here since last 12 years or so. Great place! Sorry, a little too excited to post all these questions here
lime is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 17:51   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
While in gen.......
  • I am able to end a call using the same button in Carplay. Still not sure how to reject a call from the steering wheel without picking up. Maybe I'll try a long press just like how we need to do a long press on the MG Assistant button to activate Siri
  • If you have hour phone connected, then the system defaults to Carplay for me

Last edited by ankitsingh7 : 9th August 2022 at 18:04. Reason: Quotation missed
Old 9th August 2022, 17:53   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
Is that Apple CarPlay hanging issue resolved for you now after the update? I have observed this issue many times. Especially every time I try using MS Teams thru Apple Car Play, the HU just hangs. I need to restart the HU (by long pressing Home button) every time this happens.
For me the major problem is google maps. Usually I have to disconnect the phone once before the Map functions, else it just freezes on the first go. Earlier the whole Carplay used to freeze, that has been resolved
ankitsingh7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 21:18   #216
BHPian

Mg India has dispatched 5000 units of its electric suv Zs Ev from its launch way back in 2020.

Data compiled from AutoPundtiz.com
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-d1b07542de254044a064e29533137365.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 9th August 2022 at 21:19.
XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 19:52   #217
Senior - BHPian

Completed the first service today at 1110Kms. This included a software update and inspection of all the battery and high voltage cable connections.

Time taken for the service was about 6hrs.
Service cost: 0/-

Service booking and the entire process was smooth. Regular updates were shared over the MyMG app.
speedmiester is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 11:19   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
While in general the head unit is fine, there are some annoying drawbacks which mar the experience. [list][*]There is no call end button on the steering wheel, if you need to end the call, you need to use the headunit screen.[*]Also if you cancel any call, there is an annoying popup, that asks if I want to check the missed calls. This doesn't go away, unless you hit the cancel button the screen.
The call answer button also ends the call? It does for me anyway.

Also has anyone figured out how to disable those annoying welcome / inspirational quotes when turning the vehicle on? I believe in the newer software they have removed the option to disable this as per the call centre has anyone got it done via the service centre?
Old 12th August 2022, 12:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The call answer button also ends the call? It does for me anyway.

Also has anyone figured out how to disable those annoying welcome / inspirational quotes when turning the vehicle on? I believe in the newer software they have removed the option to disable this as per the call centre has anyone got it done via the service centre?
Yes, a long press on the call button also disconnects the call.

You can disable the welcome and good bye messages from the vehicle settings menu. I have disabled it on day one. It gets quite annoying to hear it every time you switch on and stop the car.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 20:27   #220
BHPian

What is the current waiting period for the exclusive trim in Bangalore? Which color has the lowest waiting?

In terms of showroom, any suggestions on which one offers the best experience?
Old 16th August 2022, 16:06   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
What is the current waiting period for the exclusive trim in Bangalore? Which color has the lowest waiting?
My booking was on 18th March 2022 and at the moment expected delivery date is sometime end of sept or mid oct. The silver and white have the lowest waiting period from what i hear from the EV manager of the dealership (central).

Quote:
In terms of showroom, any suggestions on which one offers the best experience?
All Bangalore dealerships are owned by Jubilant, so IMHO i think they won't be very different. I haven't visited the showroom, i had booked a few test drives from home and made my booking.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th August 2022 at 08:15. Reason: Jubliant > Jubilant
rajeshrajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 06:30   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Attachment 2342379

One of the first things I did to the vehicle was to remove those ugly giant ELECTRIC stickers on the side and the Internet Inside one on the rear - a hot gun and old Credit card and they were gone in less than 30 seconds.
This is Motoring equivalent of Removing bloatware from software.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th August 2022 at 05:02. Reason: Quote tag fixed
ASHUJNMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 10:46   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
All Bangalore dealerships are owned by Jubilant, so IMHO i think they won't be very different. I haven't visited the showroom, i had booked a few test drives from home and made my booking.
I spoke to MG and was trying to get a test drive scheduled for the ZS EV. Turned out that they are not serious about selling the car, probably given the waiting list and demand. Very poor experience and the test drive kept getting cancelled for some silly reason from the SA.

Dropped the ZS EV from my list, now talking to Skoda for the Octavia (~3 months waiting period).
Old 18th August 2022, 11:26   #224
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to MG and was trying to get a test drive scheduled for the ZS EV. Turned out that they are not serious about selling the car, probably given the waiting list and demand. Very poor experience and the test drive kept getting cancelled for some silly reason from the SA..
OH! That's a shame. Let me know if you want a contact for the test drive. I can PM you the number.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 11:41   #225
BHPian

Seems like there are more number of deliveries happening for New ZS EVs in Pune.
Spotted many ZS' recently on road.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks