Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2022, 15:44   #226
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
OH! That's a shame. Let me know if you want a contact for the test drive. I can PM you the number.
Yes please, that would be helpful, thanks.
Old 19th August 2022, 21:26   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Yes please, that would be helpful, thanks.
Unable to DM you. I guess you can write me at iam@rajeshrajan.in
Old 21st August 2022, 13:14   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
My booking was on 18th March 2022 and at the moment expected delivery date is sometime end of sept or mid oct. The silver and white have the lowest waiting period from what i hear from the EV manager of the dealership (central).

It appears that MG has recently written to dealers informing them of a further delay in dispatches due to supply chain issues in China. The dealership (Jubilant) also told me that they haven't been getting cars as per schedule - apparently there are hardly 15-20 cars being allocated to Bangalore each month. With my booking date of 20 March, I have been told to to expect delivery only by November or December despite my booking being for white.

A few weeks ago, I got a call from MG asking if I would be interested in taking an out-of-turn delivery of a car which had been allocated to another buyer who had backed out at the last minute. While I was keen, the dealer insisted that in order to allocate the car to me, I would need to make a payment upfront, and the car would be invoiced directly in my name - all while the car was still in transit to Bangalore. Somehow I was not comfortable in making full payment without even seeing the car, and hence gave it a pass.

Just wanted to get advice from the community whether I did the right thing. Is it fine to make full payment even before the car is inspected ? Since the car would also be invoiced in my name, would there be any remedy in the event the car was damaged in transit or turned out to be a lemon during PDI?
qaqa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 19:32   #229
Senior - BHPian

Completed 2000Kms today and close to 1600Kms of it is just between Bangalore and Mysore.
On a full charge, the DTE shows 420Kms in Eco Mode without AC and 357Kms with AC. Normal mode brings it to 400Kms (without AC) and 340Kms (with AC)
On my last drive to Mysore, I took it slow and got a figure of 9.4Kms/KWH, translating to a number of 450+kms. This is with AC on and with an Avg speed of 50Kms. The lowest I have got is 6.1Kms/KWH when I drove quite fast with a lot of 0-100kms sprints, even at this numbers I can get a range of 300Kms.

The car consumes around 35-40% battery for the 150Kms drive between Bangalore and Mysore. The best figures I have received is 30% for the entire 150Kms and worst was 49%. All my drives have been on Eco/Normal mode with AC on.

Since I have charging facility at both my places, I don't have to worry about using public fast chargers.

Few more drives are planned in the coming months which will involve distances of over 1000Kms.
speedmiester is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:42   #230
BHPian

Anyone having a tough time keeping the car’s rear free of dust. It seems like the rest of the car is okay but all the dust gets accumulated at the rear end of the car after a single drive.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:18   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Anyone having a tough time keeping the car’s rear free of dust. It seems like the rest of the car is okay but all the dust gets accumulated at the rear end of the car after a single drive.
That's bad aerodynamics! The turbulence behind lifts the dust off the road and deposits it on the rear
Rigging up an aerofoil below the rear windshield might help. You'll have to experiment
My instinct is to get a standard spoiler that fits the curve. Might have to trim the spoiler or might have to provide filling (styrofoam or expanded polystyrene); a paint job can cover or emphasize the difference in materials
Basically, this aerofoil (parallel to the roof edge one) will smoothen the airflow down the rear windshield and let it out parallel to the road. The dusty turbulence should be confined below this level
All the best, and do let us know if you get any results!
SanSabh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:23   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Is it fine to make full payment even before the car is inspected ?
These days it is common to make full payment before inspection. I would suggest taking a loan regardless even if its for a small amount. This would help you avoid taking on the complete risk.

I completed all my payments before I saw my car. Even if you found any issues, they will be fixing the same car regardless of when you make the payment. Under very very rare circumstances will they change the car if ever.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 06:06   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSabh View Post
Basically, this aerofoil (parallel to the roof edge one) will smoothen the airflow down the rear windshield and let it out parallel to the road.
Could you please share a picture so I can visualize it better. I need this badly. My car’s black, so even after a a trip the mall here in the gurgaon, the rear looks like I just came back from an off road course.
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:08   #234
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. This is an issue with the car. Thankfully I have done the ceramic coating so it's comparatively easy to clean the dust. Mine is White in color so the cleaning is required often.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:53   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
I agree. This is an issue with the car. Thankfully I have done the ceramic coating so it's comparatively easy to clean the dust. Mine is White in color so the cleaning is required often.

Same problem with Black. I got the Ceramic coating as well but during the rainy season, dust seems to stick regardless.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 16:26   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share a picture so I can visualize it better. I need this badly. My car’s black, so even after a a trip the mall here in the gurgaon, the rear looks like I just came back from an off road course.
Please post a perfect side profile picture of the rear of the car. You will see a descending curve from the bottom of the rear windshield that flattens out to the edge, then the profile suddenly drops down to the bumper
What I'm suggesting is to continue the curve out of the body till it's horizontal - about 25-30mm
Old 26th August 2022, 11:49   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
It appears that MG has recently written to dealers informing them of a further delay in dispatches due to supply chain issues in China. The dealership (Jubilant) also told me that they haven't been getting cars as per schedule - apparently there are hardly 15-20 cars being allocated to Bangalore each month. With my booking date of 20 March, I have been told to to expect delivery only by November or December despite my booking being for white.
I finally got the call from the dealer letting me know my car has been allotted.

Just as he told you, he told me we need to release payment before PDI. He said this is the norm now as the waiting periods are so long for cars that they wait 3 days from allotment, and if they don't receive the money within that time the car gets allotted to the next in line.

I hate this seller's market, I miss the days when the dealers used to bend over backwards to sell us cars

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th August 2022 at 12:15. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Chrome6Boy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:57   #238
BHPian

A question to fellow owners - is any of you facing the issue of creaking sound from suspension? My car is over 3 months old and I hear the sound while going over potholes or bumps. Don't think this is normal for such a new car. Car has run for around 3500 kms and mainly in city and highways.
Old 27th August 2022, 10:20   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
A question to fellow owners - is any of you facing the issue of creaking sound from suspension? My car is over 3 months old and I hear the sound while going over potholes or bumps. Don't think this is normal for such a new car. Car has run for around 3500 kms and mainly in city and highways.
3500Km is barely anything. Have you taken it to MG? There is likely a greasing issue or a misalignment. Eitherway you must have it checked out as its not normal. This could happen if the car was driven through a lot of water and left without greasing. But often, noises from the suspension point to the ball joint.
rajeshrajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:27   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I finally got the call from the dealer letting me know my car has been allotted.
What was your booking date and colour?

Also please let me know if you have been able to convince the dealer for insurance from outside.
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks