Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 09:54   #496
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post

Iam at 7228kms now. It shows 419km at 100% on the MID and 400km on the ismart app.
Is this with HVAC on or off?
Old 19th January 2023, 13:49   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Is this with HVAC on or off?
OFF
With AC on its 357 km at 100% on Eco mode.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 15:14   #498
BHPian

Quote:
OFF
With AC on its 357 km at 100% on Eco mode.
I Live in Delhi. AC being on all the time is a requirement, just for air purification if not anything else
Old 19th January 2023, 15:35   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
I Live in Delhi. AC being on all the time is a requirement, just for air purification if not anything else
Agree.
and honestly 350Km with AC works for me cos now chargers are everywhere. The charging time is sometimes a bother on long trips cos there only that much you can eat and coffee you can drink.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 16:42   #500
BHPian

350 Km with AC in ECO mode is what i am getting consistently. My usage is mostly 50/50 city and highway.
HappyRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 19:28   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Agree.
and honestly 350Km with AC works for me cos now chargers are everywhere. The charging time is sometimes a bother on long trips cos there only that much you can eat and coffee you can drink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
350 Km with AC in ECO mode is what i am getting consistently. My usage is mostly 50/50 city and highway.
My only concern is that my range shows 356 instead of 357. I don’t drive the car too harsh. My trip meter shows 7.4 km/kwh for the past 8000kms. My guess is that this drop has showed up in the last few days during the cold wave here. Lets see if this goes back up when it gets warmer out.
Old 20th January 2023, 09:02   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
My trip meter shows 7.4 km/kwh for the past 8000kms.
That is very decent. My average for the last 7000Km is at 6.3Km/KWh. i suppose that is attributed to my spirited driving in the first 5000km But recently on a 400km drive i did average at about 8.2km/kwh on eco with AC on. cos it was mostly flat roads.
Old 20th January 2023, 09:20   #503
BHPian

I am planning on taking delivery of the MG ZS EV this week and I am getting it from a showroom 200KMs away from my hometown. I plan to take delivery in Kochi and drive it to Trivandrum the next day. There is a slow charging facility at my apartment at Kochi and I plan on charging it to 100 percent and start from Kochi. There is a Zeon charger at Alappuzha i.e some 70 kilometers from Kochi on the way, so I was thinking should I charge it there or just drive it non stop to Trivandrum for 200 kms? I never intended to do a long drive right after delivery and I was hoping to take delivery from my city but alas it wasnt to be. Can you guys guide me as to something I should know before I set out for this trip? I have read extensively about EVs but I would like to know from the veterans out here and it would be a bonus if any of you has done the whole Kochi-Trivandrum drive before. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 10:27   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
I am planning on taking delivery of the MG ZS EV this week and I am getting it from a showroom 200KMs away from my hometown. I plan to take delivery in Kochi and drive it to Trivandrum the next day. There is a slow charging facility at my apartment at Kochi and I plan on charging it to 100 percent and start from Kochi. There is a Zeon charger at Alappuzha i.e some 70 kilometers from Kochi on the way, so I was thinking should I charge it there or just drive it non stop to Trivandrum for 200 kms? I never intended to do a long drive right after delivery and I was hoping to take delivery from my city but alas it wasnt to be. Can you guys guide me as to something I should know before I set out for this trip? I have read extensively about EVs but I would like to know from the veterans out here and it would be a bonus if any of you has done the whole Kochi-Trivandrum drive before. God Speed
Congrats on the new car.

200 kms will be possible on a full charge. Drive in Eco mode and hopefully, there are not too many blocks on the way.
Check the tyre pressure as on a new car it will keep high. The recommended psi is 36 as far as I remember for the ZS.

I don't think you need to top up in between, so enjoy the car and not worry too much about the range.

Last edited by tharian : 20th January 2023 at 10:29.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 10:39   #505
BHPian

Quote:
You may want to check what % of charge is there at delivery. I was delivered with 80% charge. you can choose to top it up at MG if they have a charger there. A 200km drive should be ok but if it is during mid day then you may not be very comfortable on the eco mode with the AC and may need to switch to normal for the AC to be effective. As pointed out by tharian, you should check the tirepressure too. If im not wrong the recomended tire pressure is 41psi for the ZSEV. I maintain mine between 38 and 41. But at 41 i have noticed higher tire noise in the cabin.
In my estimate you should average around the 6.5 to 7km / KWh during this drive. i havnt done this drive in the ZS yet.

Last edited by rajeshrajan : 20th January 2023 at 10:42.
rajeshrajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 10:54   #506
BHPian

Thank you Tharian & Rajeshrajan. I plan on topping the charge up to 100 through a wall charger from my apartment and then setting out for the trip. I read someone here saying that if we turn the ac to just cooling through the upper vents without using the leg cooling portion and then drive Eco will be okay. I plan on using Eco only as I drive sedately nowadays even in my ICE vehicles so that wont be an issue. I also plan on starting off early, so the sun wont be that harsh for atleast a while. I will also check out the tyre pressure as pointed out by both of you. God Speed
Old 20th January 2023, 10:59   #507
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting it from a showroom 200KMs away from my hometown. I plan to take delivery in Kochi and drive it to Trivandrum the next day. I was thinking should I charge it there or just drive it non stop to Trivandrum for 200 kms?
Congratulations buddy!!
200 kms translate roughly to 4km/kwh on a full charge. Unless you are driving in Sports mode throughout and have more of uphill drive (sorry I am not aware of the terrain on your route), you should be okay. With ZS EV, range is the last thing you should worry about for such a short distance. Just enjoy your new ride without worrying about the range
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 11:10   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Tharian & Rajeshrajan. I plan on topping the charge up to 100 through a wall charger from my apartment and then setting out for the trip. I read someone here saying that if we turn the ac to just cooling through the upper vents without using the leg cooling portion and then drive Eco will be okay. I plan on using Eco only as I drive sedately nowadays even in my ICE vehicles so that wont be an issue. I also plan on starting off early, so the sun wont be that harsh for atleast a while. I will also check out the tyre pressure as pointed out by both of you. God Speed
and congratulations. Do let us know how it went. What colour are you getting?
Wishing you many smiling miles.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 15:15   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! 200 kms should be easy even in normal mode unless you are driving uphill all along or want to do 120 kmph

Take it easy and enjoy your first long drive on EV
HappyRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 22:19   #510
BHPian

Quote:
and congratulations. Do let us know how it went. What colour are you getting?
Wishing you many smiling miles.
Thank you! I am getting the Aurora Silver. I will update you guys! You all are the best, no kidding. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed