Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:52   #736
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
With the new pricing I would suggest you go with the lux variant - it now comes at a lower price than when it was launched if I am not wrong. Below are the LUX specific features and my comments against it:

Leatherette seats in beige : Positive - My preferred choice over dark/fabric ones.
Wireless phone charger : Neutral - Never used it.
Auto lights : Strong positive - Works well and very useful.
Auto wipers : Strong positive - Works well and very useful.
Auto IRVM : Strong positive -Works well and very useful.
Sunroof : Neutral - good to have.
Ventilated seats : Positive - have used it few times and it's handy.
Rear armrest with cup holder : Positive

Hope this helps you in your decision making.

I would definitely recommend the 7kw charger, specially if it's going to be your city beater car and you are conscious/ocd about charging it to 100% always to balance the cells. It may seem expensive at 50k+wiring cost (if any) but its worth it when you consider the added flexibility you get for the entirety of your ownership (assuming your sanctioned loads and meter wiring is ready to use, otherwise factor in additional spends for them and take a call - in my case an additional sanctioned load, even for +1kw, would have costed me more than 25-30k just in bribes)

Wireless charger, Auto lights, Auto Wipers and Rear Armrest with cupholders are not the LUX specific features, even XZ+ also have it.

The only differences between XZ+ Lux and XZ+ are:

1. Biege auto ventilated Leather seats.
2. Auto IRVM
3. Air Purifier
4. Sunroof.

All other features are common between XZ+ and XZ+ Lux
Old 23rd January 2023, 18:10   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
Have you been able to find the cause or solution for this sound? Has this sound existed since day one, or started after some time?

Were you able to get the knocking/clicking sound resolved? Has this sound existed since day one, or started after some time?

I test drove the Nexon EV Max yesterday and found the exact same issue. It's a bit annoying in an otherwise very silent car.
I am yet to take it for the service. I thought the 2nd service is due at 6k kms, but its at 7k kms or 6 months. I don't remember hearing this noise in the initial days but i could be wrong as its hardly audible if you have AC or music on.
Turbo roast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 23:29   #738

Hello fellow members, can some one shed some light on how the HDC (hill decent control) works on Nexon ev max , the information given in the user manual is not very helpful
Thanks in advance
Old 1st February 2023, 16:29   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
Wireless charger, Auto lights, Auto Wipers and Rear Armrest with cupholders are not the LUX specific features, even XZ+ also have it.

The only differences between XZ+ Lux and XZ+ are:

1. Biege auto ventilated Leather seats.
2. Auto IRVM
3. Air Purifier
4. Sunroof.

All other features are common between XZ+ and XZ+ Lux
That's what the sales rep told me. If its only these, I am planning to skip Lux and go with XZ+. My concern is more about the range.
Loved the vehicle first time I stepped in. This can be my goodbye to all ICE vehicles. Thank you both for reply.
babureddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 01:02   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krv09 View Post
Hello fellow members, can some one shed some light on how the HDC (hill decent control) works on Nexon ev max , the information given in the user manual is not very helpful
Thanks in advance
Suppose you are in a very steep slope and want to get down at a certain speed let's say 6kmph, that's what HDC does. You don't have to press brakes or anything, just like Cruise you set a speed and leave other things the system will take care.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:40   #741
BHPian

This is what I got today morning. 497 kms range, eco, no ac.

Name:  ev_max_range.png
Views: 671
Size:  169.1 KB

Last edited by sumannandy : 2nd February 2023 at 18:53.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:27   #742
BHPian

A major fault occurred today. Car was behaving erratically since last few days. Hope TATA motors handles this proactively. Car currently at Sab motors Sahibabad. NEXON EV MAX, MAY 22 delivered.

Name:  Nexon_fault.jpeg
Views: 700
Size:  81.1 KB
sharad_agl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 19:34   #743
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post

Attachment 2413920
that's an estimate based on your recent wh/km consumption. Please don't think you will get this much actually.
DarthVeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 22:41   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Did you get a software update the company is rolling out? What is the power consumption your car screen displays?

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20230202_192909.jpg

My NEXON EV MAX seems to consume more power. When I took delivery, for the initial 4k kms Wh/Km was around 125-130. But after that consumption jumped to 160-165Wh/Km. I able to get a max of 220-240 kms on a full charge. During my second service, I reported the findings, but the service centre put the car on a test run and said it's all fine.

But the problem persists. This is the reading I got on my last trip all city drive on ECO mode with Regen 2 levels.

Need to visit the service centre again.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 2nd February 2023 at 22:43.
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:36   #745
BHPian

My Experience so far from Booking to Allocation:

Hello everyone!

I booked the Nexon EV Max XZ+Lux 3.3 KW / Daytona Grey variant on 4th Nov 2022 and was given a delivery timeline before Pongal Holidays (Mid Jan). I booked the Nexon EV after having lost patience and faith (more on this in a separate post) in Kia and its dealer in Coimbatore when I booked the Carens 1.4DCT back in March 2022, with no updates on the delivery at all.

Since I was very particular on a MY 2023 manufactured car, I didnt mind missing the Mid-Jan assured delivery when the SA once again assured that, due to the regular year end plant maintenance the commited deadline was missed, but he would someone secure for me the first allotment for 2023. As it was, I got a confirmation by 27th Jan that the car is in transit and I set the ball rolling with respect to the car loan process.

I heard that the car would reach the yard today evening and I can have a look/PDI soon.

1) Apart from the comprehensive PDI checklist given in this forum, is there any Nexon EV specific pointers that I need to be aware of?

2) I got an email from Tata CRM regarding allocation. But, this is how it goes,

" Congratulations! The chassis for your Nano has been allocated. The details of your new car are mentioned below:

Vehicle: Nano

Sales Order No:SO-GurDev-2223-00XXXX

OTC Order No :TTNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX "

A confirmation of chassis allocation for a Nano? I presumed it was a mistake of sorts and got it checked with the SA who said Nano is not in production line itself and it would be some mistake at their backend and asked me not to worry.

3) Not directly related. I got the loan approved on 31 Jan 2023 afternoon and by that late evening I was getting repeated phone calls from the dealership (everyone except my SA) and also from the SBI bank branch head and SBI branch coordinator insisting that I do the disbursal that day itself, since the car is in transit anyway, since I may lose out on the "no preclosure charges" and "no processing fee" perks that is set to expire that day. I countered back telling how could the terms and conditions of the loan, whose agreement was signed already that day and sanction letter issued, change like this? Usually any loan sanctions have a validay, say "the terms and conditions mentioned above are valid till xx-xxx-2023" etc, but here I could not find one. Still I refused to budge and said if the conditions change tomorrow I may have to rethink about going for the loan with SBi at all and I am not going to put down my money without seeing the car in person (after the debacle with KIA having waited/and waiting for close to an year).

4) I downloaded the Z-Connect app and as expected, since the KYC was not done, the last location is shown as Pune. But when I probed deep in the app, the color of the vehicle is being shown as Teal Blue when I had booked Daytona Grey. I read earlier here that the Z-Connect app has some issues fetching the car images correctly, but here it is written in Text about the chosen color. As I await confirmation from the SA regarding the actual color of the vehicle allotted to me, I wanted to check in here if this is one another CRM issue faced in the app?

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexon-ev-_-color-issue.jpg

I wish my increasing anxiety stops here and everything from hereon goes event free.

Thanks!

Last edited by vijay.sundar : 3rd February 2023 at 10:42.
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:49   #746
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
My NEXON EV MAX seems to consume more power. When I took delivery, for the initial 4k kms Wh/Km was around 125-130. But after that consumption jumped to 160-165Wh/Km. I able to get a max of 220-240 kms on a full charge. During my second service, I reported the findings, but the service centre put the car on a test run and said it's all fine.

But the problem persists. This is the reading I got on my last trip all city drive on ECO mode with Regen 2 levels.

I don't think there is a problem, the wh/km reports on your driving style. Best way to check this is
1. go out when there is no traffic either early morning or late night.
2. reset one trip meter once you encounter a stretch
3. drive at 60kph for few kms.
4. check your trip meter.

My friend of mine was complaining about the same, I drove his car and got 110wh/km. Turned out that he starts from home, turns on AC to 21C, drives to office for 3kms in heavy traffic and returns back. AC consumes a lot of power to cool the car immediately but before the wh/km averages out, he was stopping his drive.
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:54   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
I don't think there is a problem, the wh/km reports on your driving style. Best way to check this is
1. go out when there is no traffic either early morning or late night.
2. reset one trip meter once you encounter a stretch
3. drive at 60kph for few kms.
4. check your trip meter.

My friend of mine was complaining about the same, I drove his car and got 110wh/km. Turned out that he starts from home, turns on AC to 21C, drives to office for 3kms in heavy traffic and returns back. AC consumes a lot of power to cool the car immediately but before the wh/km averages out, he was stopping his drive.
Agree with you. I have done this multiple times. I took it on long trip and tried Sunday drives that too on open roads. It doesn't improve. Max it comes up to 155wh/km. But doesn't go below. I always drive with a light foot and aim for prolonged regen methods. It's ain't helping.
Old 3rd February 2023, 13:56   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you. I have done this multiple times. I took it on long trip and tried Sunday drives that too on open roads. It doesn't improve. Max it comes up to 155wh/km. But doesn't go below. I always drive with a light foot and aim for prolonged regen methods. It's ain't helping.
Have you ever done a DC fast charging? if not try that. For some reason it has reduced my Wh/km very low post charging. Don't look for logic or science behind it . Also use Regen only in city roads or in traffic conditions, or else its better off without regen.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd February 2023 at 14:31. Reason: Unsupported smiley removed
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:42   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get a software update the company is rolling out? What is the power consumption your car screen displays?

Attachment 2414015

Doesn't sound normal to me, please get it checked with the service center and also make sure your complaint is recorded on the workorder in the system - 160wh/km is very high, I usually do 134-135Wh/km with normal driving in 100% Bangalore traffic with 300-320 full range and ~250km usable range before I put my car on charge. Do you recollect any services,software upgrades, DC fast charges or other events post which you are seeing these high numbers?
Old 3rd February 2023, 14:52   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't sound normal to me, please get it checked with the service center and also make sure your complaint is recorded on the workorder in the system - 160wh/km is very high, I usually do 134-135Wh/km with normal driving in 100% Bangalore traffic with 300-320 full range and ~250km usable range before I put my car on charge.
I will surely make it a point to ask for it and get it noted.

Quote:
Do you recollect any services,software upgrades, DC fast charges or other events post which you are seeing these high numbers?
From the time I bought the car, I have not got any software updates. The recent one announced enhancing range is due update from 15th feb. Some people have claimed to have got it. I was asking you if you too have got it done. There is some earthing problem with the meter with which I have fixed a 15Amp charger. But to another meter is fixed the 7.2kw fast charger. Currently this is the only charger I am using. Only when I go to my village is I use a regular 15Amp slow changer. That is less frequent.

I never used a DC fast charger till date.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 3rd February 2023 at 14:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks