Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 10:45   #781
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucko96 View Post
Also saw a thread where they mentioned that the 16 amp plug is more than enough for home charging.
You can plug the portable charger into any 15/16 amps socket and it works the same. Few potential uses of the box they give:
  • An additional fuse box, there may be some other protection/regulation in the box
  • You can draw the power line from your main electricity supply, bypassing any inverter/DG backup, in case all your existing plugs have backup.
  • You lock the box with the charger plugged in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucko96 View Post
Also, I am extremely disappointed with the quality of paint, finish etc. I’m sure a post has touched on this earlier but for having spent 20L+, I am very disappointed.
There will be only disappointment if you keep expecting 20 Lakhs level fit and finish. Think of it as 1 or 2 segment lower car below 15 Lakhs and consider the remaining as payment for performance, fuel cost saving and early technology adopter premium.
wocanak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 16:54   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Are these discounts real? Other members can confirm?
Not different from the earlier stated discounts of 50K for 2022 (both articles mention this) models and 28-30K on insurance (which was anyways over-quoted at 95K and so people take it out). Insurance discount of 30K is applicable in 2023 car as well.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 23:36   #783
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians happy to inform, have crossed 20,000kms mark on the Nexon EV Max. It's been 8 and a half months of ownership and glad to inform that it's reamin quite uneventful with regards to EV hassles that I keep reading online a lot.
I did check my Wh/Kms on my trip B which stands at 3000+ kms and it's at 121 wh/km for the last 3000+ kms. Using the Nexon has prepared me well enough for future EVs which I am definitely going to get over the course of years.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230213_181442.jpg  

yashcosmos is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 09:58   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
You can plug the portable charger into any 15/16 amps socket and it works the same. Few potential uses of the box they give:
  • An additional fuse box, there may be some other protection/regulation in the box
  • You can draw the power line from your main electricity supply, bypassing any inverter/DG backup, in case all your existing plugs have backup.
  • You lock the box with the charger plugged in.

There will be only disappointment if you keep expecting 20 Lakhs level fit and finish. Think of it as 1 or 2 segment lower car below 15 Lakhs and consider the remaining as payment for performance, fuel cost saving and early technology adopter premium.
I honestly feel that this finish is limited to Tata. We have a couple of Altos, Wagon R and an older Honda City. I didn’t find the cars having such issues when they rolled off the dealership floor. If I remember right, I felt my Mobilio (which cost about 10 L 7 years back) was immaculate. Regardless of cost, things like paint, wraps (the blue part on the EVs), rubbers etc have no reason to badly finished immaterial of cost.
chucko96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 19:38   #785
Senior - BHPian

Nexon EV takes on the Kashmir to Kanyakumari challenge to complete 4000 kms in 4 days with an enhanced range of 453kms.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-smartselect_20230224193631_drive.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-smartselect_20230224193650_drive.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230224_193744.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230224_193739.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230224_193742.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230224_193759.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230224_193802.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20230224_193752.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 14:34   #786
BHPian

Just got to know that Trident Motors, Mumbai has a 2022 Nexon EV Max XZ+ 3.3Kw model, Intensi Teal colour available for sale. In case someone is looking for a good deal on this previous year car you can contact 9152486742 - Mr Rakesh.
I was myself looking to buy but have postponed the plan. Posting it here for other group members benefit.
Old 28th February 2023, 11:54   #787
BHPian

Hello Folks, Taking delivery of White Nexon EV Max XZ+ 3.3KW in a week's time In Gurgaon. Apart from the running the team bhp PDI checklist for an allotted vehicle at the stockyard, is there any specific I should be looking at? (This is a quick decision and I havent been speed for reading all posts in this thread)

The car alloted in Nov 2022 and being under the promotion run by Tata for the discounts. It had 50kms on ODO and the plastic wrap around the centre console and dash was removed and it was full of dust.
More than that I saw that the rubber beading was getting folds and the headliner was off from its position. The headliner issue was present in many other cars and seems like a result of poor QC check at factory itself. The rubber beading however seems more like a less common occurrence but was sporadically present in other cars as well. Along with that the legrand box was not present so could it hint towards a rejected car by another customer. (Personally I would have been okay to get these resolved but missing legrand box is raising a suspicion.)

While exiting, I saw one more car which had rubber beading in place, legrand box available and was standing at 35kms odo. The stockyard manager just connected the battery terminal in front of me but I just couldnt see any exterior defects as the car was not washed and thats the only missing part from the PDI. what do you guys suggest if I should say yes to the second car or stick with the first?

Sharing images of first car for your reference.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20230227-10.24.40.jpeg
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20230227-10.24.41.jpeg
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20230228-11.01.48.jpeg

PS: QC check by tata should be immensely improved, while some cars didn't have the issues listed above, some had uneven panel gaps and misaligned speedo console unit giving a peek into the bonnet area, some loose rubbers or some good examples had unusually high running at ~100kms.
rahul1407 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 15:50   #788

Hi,

Recently got the Nexon Ev Max home. The best car I have driven till now, Silent, efficient & Power-full. It's a good value for money car.

However I am facing problems with zconnect

1. Most of the times connected car features doesn't function, Because of poor connectivity.

2. I stay in a society in Gurgaon, and our car parking is in the basement. Have managed to install the charger there. But zconnect doesnt work there at all.

I try to turn on the air-con from zconnect. Or make the car honk to spot it. Most of the times the tech either takes too long or doesn't work at all

After a days drive, I come back home and the data of the drive doesnt sync, because I park the car in the basement. Thats stupid

After spending 20L, one expects perfect tech. This is damn frustrating. Somewhere I was reading Tata is using 2g sims, makes me wonder are they still using tata docomo.

Please let me know anybody has a solution to this.

Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 15:55   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
I am taking delivery of my Nexon EV Max on 21st Feb from Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road. Siddhi Automotive, located in JC Road is the distributor for Galio products in Karnataka. He has stocks of GFX mats and trunk mats for EV Max. It is available for much less than what is available online. Suggest you buy this offline from them.

Hi,

Did you get the delivery of your Max? Do you have a specific PDI checklist for EV's?

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2023, 11:19   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul1407 View Post
Hello Folks, Taking delivery of White Nexon EV Max XZ+ 3.3KW in a week's time In Gurgaon. Apart from the running the team bhp PDI checklist for an allotted vehicle at the stockyard, is there any specific I should be looking at? (This is a quick decision and I havent been speed for reading all posts in this thread)

The car alloted in Nov 2022 and being under the promotion run by Tata for the discounts. It had 50kms on ODO and the plastic wrap around the centre console and dash was removed and it was full of dust.
More than that I saw that the rubber beading was getting folds and the headliner was off from its position. The headliner issue was present in many other cars and seems like a result of poor QC check at factory itself. The rubber beading however seems more like a less common occurrence but was sporadically present in other cars as well. Along with that the legrand box was not present so could it hint towards a rejected car by another customer. (Personally I would have been okay to get these resolved but missing legrand box is raising a suspicion.)

While exiting, I saw one more car which had rubber beading in place, legrand box available and was standing at 35kms odo. The stockyard manager just connected the battery terminal in front of me but I just couldnt see any exterior defects as the car was not washed and thats the only missing part from the PDI. what do you guys suggest if I should say yes to the second car or stick with the first?

Sharing images of first car for your reference.
Attachment 2423746
Attachment 2423747
Attachment 2423748

PS: QC check by tata should be immensely improved, while some cars didn't have the issues listed above, some had uneven panel gaps and misaligned speedo console unit giving a peek into the bonnet area, some loose rubbers or some good examples had unusually high running at ~100kms.
Got my Max late last year and the issues you have highlighted are sadly the new norm of TATA cars, had the exact same issues on my car. And this is only the start for you, wait till you go through the actual payment-delivery and then experience their service centers. All the best.

Issues in my car:
-Lots of large dust speckles/bumps embedded in the paint through out the car.
-Paint chips with visible metal on inside part of doors.
-Small pinhole like dents
-Poor finish on the rubber seal/beadings
-Speedometer console parts and gaps are pathetic
-Roof liner at the edge where it meets the windshield looks like was cut by hand and the finish is very poor.
-The end of the dash where it meets the windshield is left loose and hanging
-The plastic cuts on AC vents on dash have rough edges, looks more like some cheap toy part.
-The floor liner is all over the place - at no place is it flush to floor and is like have a loose carpet under your feet all the time.
-The roof has a lot of flex at the back/center and it goes in and out with a sound
-The roof panel around the sunroof is wavy and finished poorly.
-The roof rail ends do not sit flush and have a lot of play
-The grey/dark wraps on the A,C pillars had bubbles and the ends are poorly finished.

After some point I just stopped observing things in my Max, now I just blindly get into the car and and use it. My 15+ year old SX4 puts the Max to shame in terms of quality, fit and finish.

I don't want to sound too pessimistic or play spoilsport to you, I just want to let folks know what to expect from TATA in terms of fit and finish. Whatever I have shared is from my personal experience of owning the Max and also closely observing the display cars in the showroom post finding the issues in my car.

Never a TATA in my household again.

Last edited by Sandegov : 1st March 2023 at 11:33.
Sandegov is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:31   #791
BHPian

As someone looking to be an early adopter, I'm very keen on the Nexon EV which is actually way beyond my budget. Interestingly, there seem to be quite a few very sparingly used Nexons on Olx, Carwale etc. Would be great to get some insights on why this may be? Are the quality, reliability, after sales niggles so significant that people are selling within a year?? Preowned is my only option for the Nexon EV given a very tight budget.
Old 1st March 2023, 14:55   #792

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinalvj View Post
Hi,

Recently got the Nexon Ev Max home. The best car I have driven till now, Silent, efficient & Power-full. It's a good value for money car.

However I am facing problems with zconnect
I had purchased the car in Jun'22 and till date Zconnect is not working. I have already posted the error I am seeing in my mobile and the ZConnect support and the service team in BNG were not able to rectify it. Not sure if this is any SPACE TECH from TATA Motors team.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st March 2023 at 15:47. Reason: Mod note attached.
traveller3300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 15:52   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
As someone looking to be an early adopter, I'm very keen on the Nexon EV which is actually way beyond my budget. Interestingly, there seem to be quite a few very sparingly used Nexons on Olx, Carwale etc. Would be great to get some insights on why this may be? Are the quality, reliability, after sales niggles so significant that people are selling within a year?? Preowned is my only option for the Nexon EV given a very tight budget.

Some cars experience frequent battery issues and High Voltage battery pack faults. Also a lot of people buy EVs thinking they will manage occasional highway trips but it is requires a lot of patience. No matter how well you drive real world range of nexon prime is 200 to 220 and Nexon max would be just 25% more than that. I dont advocate keeping an ev even as your 2nd car.

Source:- I have a Nexon XM prime just yesterday I had to borrow my dad's diesel car for an urgent out station trip.

You cannot just get up and get going in an EV unless you have 85 %to 100% charge.

On the other hand using an ev saved me 4 emis worth petrol in one year.
psbali is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 15:57   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
I had purchased the car in Jun'22 and till date Zconnect is not working.
They have to have to make this working. It is a 20L car. They need to deliver on their claimed product features. Will raise this up to the concerned people. We need to fight on this.

If they are vocal for local. They really need to level up on quality.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th March 2023 at 21:56. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 5th March 2023, 10:54   #795
BHPian

A question for the pioneering EV car owners from someone who has just booked a Nexon EV max Lux.

How long can an EV be left uncharged, if we need to go out of the country/city for a few weeks?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks