Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 14:44   #826
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
In my case I booked my Nexon EV Max XZ+ Lux with Prerana Motors on March 1st; they indicated a delivery lead time of 4 weeks. On the 13th I got a call from them that a white nexon EV had been received by them. I went and did a PDI (the SA took me to their stock yard near Nelamangala) on the 15th and issued them a cheque for the balance amount (I had paid Rs 21k earlier). I am told they will issue me an invoice today and the delivery will most likely happen by this week end.

On a lighter note, the Prerana SA drove me in their car 50km out and back, but he still insisted that I pay the Nice Road and Nelamangala toll charges; apparently Prerana doesn’t bear toll !

And no, I didn’t get any mail from Tata Motors.
Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the info; I have done the booking from Key motors and i'm just wondering why my car allocation/delivery etc is taking so much time.
Needed one more information, did you check the motor number, VIN during your PDI? Is there a way to read the motor number to identify the Manufacturing month and year?

Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 16:59   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Is there a way to read the motor number to identify the Manufacturing month and year?
You may refer https://www.tnoc.in/decoding-vin-number to decode VIN number.
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 18:09   #828
BHPian

Hi All,

I have booked Nexon Ev max Lux + 7.2 variant on 15th Feb 2023; Until 18th March 2023 there is no news from the CA about the vehicle, on 18th March he told the allocation has happened and as and when the car will reach the yard he will let me know (He randomly mentioned it will take approx 8 to 10 days to reach the yard). The CA calls up today and tells me the car has reached and he is planning to get it to the showroom for the PDI. I'm a bit anxious about this sudden turn of events, i enquired as to how the vehicle reached just in 2 days? and he was like sometime it is very fast Sir . Should i tell him i want to do the PDI in the yard itself? and is there something i need to be careful about or am i being over cautious

Thanks!
Old 20th March 2023, 18:19   #829

Thanks a lot for this informative response. Plugging it into the 12V socket was the best option that I was hoping for as well. I will do the same. Congratulations to you too on the EV journey and wishing you and your family lots of happy journeys.
Old 20th March 2023, 18:24   #830

Hello.

Thanks. Congratulations to you too for your Nexon EV. I booked the car on 21 February and allotment was done on 10 March. Though it was merely through a whatsapp message by the SA from Key Motors and I haven't received any email what so ever from Tata Motors regarding the allotment. I am expecting the delivery between Friday and Sunday i.e. between 24 and 26 March.
Old 20th March 2023, 18:43   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the info;
Needed one more information, did you check the motor number, VIN during your PDI? Is there a way to read the motor number to identify the Manufacturing month and year?

Thanks
Rahul has already replied giving you the link to the VIN no. Deciphering. In my case, I did verify the VIN no. With what was printed on the car itself. The car is manufactured in January 2023.
Old 20th March 2023, 20:04   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have booked Nexon Ev max Lux + 7.2 variant on 15th Feb 2023; …….. Should i tell him i want to do the PDI in the yard itself? and is there something i need to be careful about or am i being over cautious

Thanks!
Sometimes, as I have observed, the SA may not be clued in on the logistics aspect. As long as you insist that beyond the booking amount of Rs. 21K further payment will be made only AFTER you do the PDI, you are quite safe. Hence you could do the PDI in the show room itself. However please communicate your stand on PDI to the SA. Who knows, he may suddenly agree to take you to the yard!
Sridhar C E is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 12:39   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info; I have done the booking from Key motors and i'm just wondering why my car allocation/delivery etc is taking so much time.

Thanks
I took delivery of my N Max lux two weeks ago from Key Motors, JP Nagar. Did not have any issues with them. All went smoothly.
They made my vehicle available for PDI at their showroom itself. I did not check the motor number, but chassis number was recorded. I think you can ask for it, you are paying and nothing wrong all the details.
Old 25th March 2023, 16:58   #834
BHPian

Kashmir to Kanyakumari drive in Nexon EV Max is out.

bronco is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 19:59   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Got my Max late last year and the issues you have highlighted are sadly the new norm of TATA cars, had the exact same issues on my car. And this is only the start for you, wait till you go through the actual payment-delivery and then experience their service centers. All the best.

Issues in my car:
-Lots of large dust speckles/bumps embedded in the paint through out the car.
-Paint chips with visible metal on inside part of doors.
-Small pinhole like dents
-Poor finish on the rubber seal/beadings
-Speedometer console parts and gaps are pathetic
-Roof liner at the edge where it meets the windshield looks like was cut by hand and the finish is very poor.
-The end of the dash where it meets the windshield is left loose and hanging
-The plastic cuts on AC vents on dash have rough edges, looks more like some cheap toy part.
-The floor liner is all over the place - at no place is it flush to floor and is like have a loose carpet under your feet all the time.
-The roof has a lot of flex at the back/center and it goes in and out with a sound
-The roof panel around the sunroof is wavy and finished poorly.
-The roof rail ends do not sit flush and have a lot of play
-The grey/dark wraps on the A,C pillars had bubbles and the ends are poorly finished.

After some point I just stopped observing things in my Max, now I just blindly get into the car and and use it. My 15+ year old SX4 puts the Max to shame in terms of quality, fit and finish.

I don't want to sound too pessimistic or play spoilsport to you, I just want to let folks know what to expect from TATA in terms of fit and finish. Whatever I have shared is from my personal experience of owning the Max and also closely observing the display cars in the showroom post finding the issues in my car.

Never a TATA in my household again.
You can't just tarnish the cars image because of the fit and finish, If it was of so much concern then you should have rejected it right then ad ther during the PDI. But now that you have it I am not telling you to make peace with it, instead you can get it detailed or some what modified to your liking.

If quality/fit & finish were one of your top concerns the you expected a lot form TATA. Even I have observed some fit and finish issues in my Max but it's not like the car is all bad. It's reliable, practical and structurally built strong. Even the after sales service support is I'd say good from TATA and all legit warranty & servicing claims are honored by TATA.

Try to appreciate the good side too. The less maintenance or the reduced fuel expenses. You are an "early adopter" and that word come with it's own pros and cons.
Mahin_P21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 22:59   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post

Never a TATA in my household again.
Did you check if you got a vehicle which has been standing long in the open stockyard?

Paint chipping amyd jnternal floor felt/mat not flush points to the same in my opinion.
Old 28th March 2023, 14:34   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Did you get the delivery of your Max? Do you have a specific PDI checklist for EV's?

Thanks!
Hi StealthBaleno, I took delivery of my Nexon and used the generic PDI checklist that is available in this forum. Facing Two minor niggles in my car - squeaking front passenger seat, misaligned front driver door (not a major one). Prerana Motors promised to fix this in the first service and have got a written confirmation from them on the same. Have been extremely busy for the past month so couldn't drive much. Have completed 1.9k kms owing to few outstation drives - Mysore (twice), Tumkur and Coorg. Did not face any charger, range anxiety till now as chargers were plenty on my drive. Will try to write about my experience in few days.
mug:mush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 13:12   #838
BHPian

I took delivery of my white Nexon EV max Lux+ last week.
After the pooja the next day, I gave it for PPF coating and drove it back home last night, from Kengeri to Hosa road, Sarjapura.

Observation 1: The AC didn't work, was blowing hot air all the time. It was 32 degrees C outside, around 6pm and my charge was 62%. I tried auto AC but that didn't work either.
The ventilated seat cooled for maybe 10 minutes and then it stopped cooling. I arrived home drenched in sweat.

Observation 2 : I connected my Samsung galaxy note 9 to the system. Android auto works, but in maps, I frequently get the error, " GPS connection lost".

Cut to this morning, the AC seems to be working. I haven't driven around much today and will test this further. I'm perplexed as to what is happening!
Prerana service folks asked me to bring the car across after the week end.
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:05   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
I took delivery of my white Nexon EV max Lux+ last week.
After the pooja the next day, I gave it for PPF coating and drove it back home last night, from Kengeri to Hosa road, Sarjapura.

Observation 1: The AC didn't work, was blowing hot air all the time. It was 32 degrees C outside, around 6pm and my charge was 62%. I tried auto AC but that didn't work either.
The ventilated seat cooled for maybe 10 minutes and then it stopped cooling. I arrived home drenched in sweat.

Observation 2 : I connected my Samsung galaxy note 9 to the system. Android auto works, but in maps, I frequently get the error, " GPS connection lost".

Cut to this morning, the AC seems to be working. I haven't driven around much today and will test this further. I'm perplexed as to what is happening!
Prerana service folks asked me to bring the car across after the week end.

Hi Sridar,

Congratulations! Hope the issue/confusion with your cars AC gets fixed soon.

I too took the delivery of my white Nexon EV max Lux+ yesterday, the 7.2 Charger is still not installed at my place and the extended warranty, Swagat book/kit is not yet handed over to me. The SA told there is some issue with their CRM system and hence this will be done on Monday or something.

I drove the car for around 40 KM yesterday and the car drives and feels good, until now no complaints except for the lethargic response/working style of the SA at Key Motors.

Where did you get your PPF done and how much did it cost you?

Thanks!
StealthBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:15   #840
BHPian

Quote:
I too took the delivery of my white Nexon EV max Lux+ yesterday.

The SA told there is some issue with their CRM system and hence this will be done on Monday or something.
Congratulations!

Yes, there seems to be some issue with their systems which they say is due to the financial year ending, cause I heard the same thing from the dealer in Kerala regarding my 2nd key activation. Said they had to cancel the service appointments for yesterday ie April 1st. Asked me to call on Tuesday regarding the 2nd key fob.

Most Viewed