Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2022, 13:47   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Did you try the same in regular Nexon EV? It's floor pan is marginally lower than the Max.
The last time I test drove the nexon EV was on 1st April. Had my dad seated in the rear seat during the test drive and he was happy with the seating comfort. Once we were back at the showroom, I got on to the rear seat and it felt adequate for my personality if not comfortable.

I really wanted to compare both EV max and EV yesterday but sadly they didn’t have the EV. I doubt it would be even possible to get hold of EV max and EV on same day across any showroom in Hyderabad. They just have one EV per chain of showrooms for test drive and demo and they keep rotating that across their branches.
Old 20th May 2022, 15:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio (Codenamed: Z101) caught testing

Took a long 50+Kms test drive of the Nexon EV Max.
Test drives car was available today at Key Motors, JP Nagar.

Spent more than an hour with the car. Won't talk much about the exteriors as it's pretty much the same as the Old one.
On the inside, the addition of the ventilated seats is a welcome move, the addition of wireless charger, new console for gear selection, regen selection is well thought of. All controls fall into place easily. Not happy with the deletion of physical buttons for the music system.

The test drive car was showing a charge of 96%. The range shown was 349Kms in the city mode with regen at level 3 and with AC off.
I drove mostly in eco mode with regen set at level 3 and Auto AC at 22 degrees. We were three adults in the car.
Addition of the auto hold means a slight tap of throttle is necessary to get the car moving. The weighted steering is a delight to hold and drive.
The extra battery weight is felt, but not to the extent the drive is affected. The ride is sorted, but at low speeds you will feel the bumps.

The route was a mix of heavy bumper to bumper city traffic and about 35Kms of moderate to high speed drive on NICE road. When I started off the energy consumption was at 156Wh/Km, I brought it down to 86Wh/km by the time I entered NICE road. On open roads, the eco mode is more than sufficient for regular drive, but the sports mode takes to a whole new level, the brisk acceleration is a delight and I am sure I will be using it more often
I drove it just as I would in my ICE car. Top speed can only be achieved in Sports mode and that number comes very quickly in this mode. Regen doesn't work with cruise control, that's one easy way to maintain good speeds and extend range.

Overall I drove 53.3Kms, the SOC was at 96% when I started and had come down to 79% when I stopped. The range was down to 259KMs from 338Kms.
To extrapolate, a range of 300Kms in real world usage is very much possible with speeds between 80-100Kmph on the highways.

Delivery will start from June 1st week and waiting period will be 16-20weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-start.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-end.jpeg  

speedmiester is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 15:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullock-Car View Post
After this test drive the 2.0l Harrier automatic drive was lame. The diesel was no match for EV. This is the way to go. The switch to to Electric is now. Remove all your doubts.
I own a 75k kms run Tata Harrier and a 8k kms run Tigor EV. I can totally relate to your feeling. When we first got the Tigor EV home, I drove it continuously for 3 weeks without stepping foot inside the Harrier. 3 weeks later driving the diesel SUV, felt akin to driving a truck.
Jattitude is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 15:56   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It does have a little bit of "artificial" feel to it especially when you press it at standstill and low speeds, but one gets used to it really quick. I am talking about my regular Nexon EV with discs at front only. I have found the braking to be more than sufficient given the excellent regen it comes with.
The regular Nexon EV has a traditional vacuum brake booster where a vacuum pump is used to generate the vacuum and hence the pedal feel should feel normal. In the EV Max, the change is pretty significant where they have moved to vacuum less de-coupled electronic braking and hence the brake pedal feedback is artificially created.

Additionally in the regular EV re-gen will cut off as soon as you press the brakes, whereas in the EV Max, the brakes can also support regen upto a point before it actuates the friction brakes.
fiat_tarun is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 17:15   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Took a long 50+Kms test drive of the Nexon EV Max.
Test drives car was available today at Key Motors, JP Nagar.
Thanks for the test drive update.

Any feedback on how you find the seating comfort, both in driver seat and rear passenger seat? Especially the knee position and under thigh support.
raghupro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 18:06   #111
BHPian

Went for taking the TD of the Max at Chima Tata (Madurai), but drove the Nexon EV instead.
Dealer politely said the TDs of the Max will be available in a weeks time.
Must say that I was quite impressed by the salesperson's attitude and knowledge about the EV max even though it was just launched.
He was well versed with the spec to spec differences between the standard Nexon and the Max. He was also quick to point out which one would suit me better according to my usage.
My better half was so impressed that she promptly said that this is the dealer we're booking our first ever EV with !
So hoping to make the booking next week and wait in the que for the next 3-4 months.
pradheepsr is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 18:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
Thanks for the test drive update.

Any feedback on how you find the seating comfort, both in driver seat and rear passenger seat? Especially the knee position and under thigh support.
I felt comfortable, I have driven a regular Nexon extensively and I didn't feel much difference except for a weighted steering and little stiff suspension.
I did not sit in the rear seat, so cannot comment on it.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 10:06   #113
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattitude View Post
I own a 75k kms run Tata Harrier and a 8k kms run Tigor EV. I can totally relate to your feeling. When we first got the Tigor EV home, I drove it continuously for 3 weeks without stepping foot inside the Harrier. 3 weeks later driving the diesel SUV, felt akin to driving a truck.
. Drive an EV with an open mind and you'll be a convert. At the other end of the market, on my last holiday in USA, my buddy had a Model 3 dual-motor and a 6-cylinder GLE in his garage.

I found myself taking the keys of the Model 3 more .
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 10:56   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
What happens if an EV remains submerged in water due to flooding? Will it pose any risk to passer by? Any IP rating has a depth and duration mentioned as it's limit. What happens if the car goes beyond the limit?
I was not referring to the usual rain/flood scenario. I just meant a regular wet season use-case. Basic things like how well are the electrical networks insulated / covered to make it safe. Should we expect any thing leaks that can be risky etc etc.

I know they would have take care of it well. I was just thinking aloud.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 12:35   #115
BHPian

If anyone is planning to purchase Nexon EV or any other EV for that matter, please make sure to utilise the tax benefit under 80EEB of Income Tax Act.
Everyone is eligible for a deduction of upto 1,50,000 of interest paid on loans taken for the purchase of electric vehicles.

This is a deduction and not a tax relief. Meaning if your income is 10,00,000, you can get a deduction of maximum 1,50,000 and tax will be calculated on the remaining 8,50,000.

Mods not sure if this is the right thread to post this, please take appropriate action.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th May 2022 at 14:43. Reason: Typo
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 12:42   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
If anyone is planning to purchase Nexon EV or any other EV for that matter, please make sure to utilise the tax benefit under 80EEB of Income Tax Act.
Everyone is eligible for a deduction of upto 1,50,000 of intrest paid on loans taken for the purchase of electric vehicles.
Few questions if I may ask.

1. Is this tax exemption of up to Rs. 150000 on interest component per year throughout the loan term or only once?

2. Is it applicable on any length of loan period?
Old 21st May 2022, 12:46   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
Everyone is eligible for a deduction of upto 1,50,000 of intrest paid on loans taken for the purchase of electric vehicles.

This is a deduction and not a tax relief. Meaning if your income is 10,00,000, you can get a deduction of maximum 1,50,000 and tax will be calculated on the remaining 8,50,000.

Mods not sure if this is the right thread to post this, please take appropriate action.
Quote:

1. Is this tax exemption of up to Rs. 150000 on interest component per year throughout the loan term or only once?

This is only valid if you register the car in individual name. If registered in name of company you are not entitled to these benefits.

Also this is only valid on interest component of the loan amount and not flat 1.5 lac based on value of car. If you take loan of 10 lacs and pay interest 50k in an year you can only claim a deduction of 50k and not the entire 1.5 lacs. You can read more here about the same.

You can claim the deduction on interest part for the entire loan period of you car.

Link

Last edited by prateekchanana : 21st May 2022 at 12:50.
prateekchanana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 12:52   #118
BHPian

Quote:

1. It is applicable only on interest component. Few conditions,
a). The loan should be taken before 31st March 2023
b). Purchase should be from an Individual and not partnership or corporate.

2. Yes it is applicable till the closure of loan. Meaning you can get the benefit for subsequent assessment years also. However the loan should be sanctioned before 31st Mar 2023.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 20:41   #119
BHPian

Is it just me or the car doesn’t have cup holders in the front? Most pictures of the central console don’t show any cup holders.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 20:46   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Is it just me or the car doesn’t have cup holders in the front? Most pictures of the central console don’t show any cup holders.
There are no cup holders in the front - there are two cup slots provided on the inside of glove box door but they are completely unusable.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed