Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bosch plans pilot deployment of hydrogen vehicles in India by 2025-26

Bosch plans to deploy hydrogen-powered vehicles in India on a pilot basis by 2025-26.

Bosch plans pilot deployment of hydrogen vehicles in India by 2025-26-bosch_hydrogen_portfolio_truck.jpg

Bosch already has a full portfolio of hydrogen vehicles deployed in pilot volumes all over the world, including in China, Europe and the US. The company is working with OEMs and ecosystem developers to start a similar program in India.

The company has announced an investment of 500 million euros globally to develop components for hydrogen electrolysers that help convert water into hydrogen.

At present, India lacks the crucial infrastructure required to run hydrogen-powered vehicles. This includes hydrogen filling stations and hydrogen manufacturing units.

Source: The Hindu

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 23rd May 2022 at 18:10.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 18:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Bosch plans pilot deployment of hydrogen vehicles in India by 2025-26

Thanks for the news Tushar.

Not to sound pessimistic, but "converting water into hydrogen" can be tricky esp. in a country where the water tables are going down & monsoons are increasingly becoming erratic.
Old 4th September 2022, 23:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samegoodkid View Post

Not to sound pessimistic, but "converting water into hydrogen" can be tricky esp. in a country where the water tables are going down & monsoons are increasingly becoming erratic.
Not sure if the above fears are well placed. From all research in this area, and please feel free to do your own, the requirement once renewables are used to power this, is about 0.3 parts per million of freshwater. The significant part is that that would replace existing fossil fuel demand which in itself in many ways seeks a lot of water.

There is no question that Hydrogen by itself is a nobrainer. The attendant requirements of tanking, availability, etc. are to be attended to, not to mention the challenges of combustibility, which to the best of my knowledge are no longer significant risks. I am too lazy to quote all my research, but I am firmly of the opinion that electric vehicles are passe and Hydrogen is the definite future, barring some political swings.
Debasish M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 08:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debasish M View Post
There is no question that Hydrogen by itself is a nobrainer.

I am firmly of the opinion that electric vehicles are passe and Hydrogen is the definite future, barring some political swings.
Would like to know how you came to this conclusion, Hydrogen will always be a Future energy source, meanwhile EVs are growing in numbers every year, we need a solution for today not something which works in 2040-2050.

Already the BEV tech is making Hydrogen trucks irrelevant, once the batteries energy density increases 2-3x H2 may become less likely even for ships, recent research shows 40% shipping routes can be covered with BEV ships.
Old 5th September 2022, 10:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samegoodkid View Post

I always thought that the Hydrogen would be converted back to water (vapour), so that should be the least of a concern unless I am missing something.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks