Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitm29 View Post
Congratulations on going electric!

Two questions: Which dealer and SA have you contacted as the SA seems knowledgeable and helpful. Also, any experience with this dealer's service center?
Thanks Mohit! If you have a second bigger car and don't plan on taking this to 300 kms + long drives, this is the best car you can get for this side of 20 lacs OTR.

I contacted Tata Autovikas Moti Nagar as it was nearest to my residence. My SA was Mr. Ajay Bharadwaj and his TL was Mr. Ravi both of whom I contacted regularly and were very helpful throughout the process.

Have not been in contact with the service centre yet but will be visiting soon once I get back to Delhi for the broken Mud Flap replacement and will share how it goes.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 3rd July 2022 at 09:10.
prateekchanana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 13:33   #17
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-nev.png
Aditya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 07:41   #18
BHPian

Got the first free service done yesterday. Pointed out many misaligned panels inside the car like on the driver side A pillar and Door handle but was given a standard reply “that is how it comes form factory.”

It mainly involved cleaning and scanning the car and the car was ready in around 2.5 hours. Also pointed out the break lights not turning off sometimes and carplay not working randomly and was told if any software update is available that will be done.

Got a call from showroom I can collect my second remote from service centre but the service centre denied having received it. Took a couple of calls for them to finally issue one and it took a good 1.5 - 2 hours including 30 mins lunch time to pair the remote which was a 10 minutes job. I did get intrusion alert notification in Zconnect app and over sms as well when the remote was getting paired.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 07:51   #19
BHPian

Prateek, thanks for the update. What's the service schedule and how many km's have you covered so far?
Old 10th August 2022, 12:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Prateek, thanks for the update. What's the service schedule and how many km's have you covered so far?
The first visit at 2 months or 1k kms is more of a general checkup. Have been told the next visit should be at 6 months / 7.5k kms. That should be the proper first service. Have driven just around 800 kms only so far as my daily usage is very less.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:27   #21
BHPian

Finally got hold for proper fitting mats made for Nexon EV Max. The accessories guy at the showroom called to confirmed that 7D mats for Max are now available but there is no timeline for availability of 3D mats which I had originally selected.

Finally visited yesterday and got the 7D ones after paying the difference and they fir perfectly well throughout the car. There are no humps or folds anywhere.Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-img_4734.jpeg

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-img_4735.jpeg

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-img_4736.jpeg

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-img_4737.jpeg

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-img_4738.jpeg
prateekchanana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 21:59   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitm29 View Post
Congratulations on going electric! Today I went to a Tata Showroom as I am also planning to replace my City and am contemplating between 3 of Tata's products. So far EV Max has appealed a-lot to my head though heart shouts for Safari/Harrier :P. Your highlights of tough build quality, and the fact that its size is apt for crowded cities like Delhi is making is indicating me even more reasons to consider Nexon EV as this seems a product which is well put together than Tata's flagship SUVs.

Two questions: Which dealer and SA have you contacted as the SA seems knowledgeable and helpful. Also, any experience with this dealer's service center?

Thanks and cheers!

Mohit
Did you eventually make a decision? Did Nexon make the Cut?
Old 30th September 2022, 21:45   #23
BHPian

Finally got the roof wrapped to black today. I had planned to get this done before getting the car as well but didn’t get it done immediately. Was confused but finally decided to go for it this week especially after seeing the Tiago Daytona grey with black roof. I don’t know why Tata chose white for nexon and gives black with all other cars in Daytona grey.

Got all the blue strips wrapped in Matt black and the roof in gloss black. I think the car looks much more simple and subtle now. Wrapping the front blue strip though is very tricky and took 3 attempts to do it properly.

Attaching some pics below.
Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-757719c56b1b43559751ce2cd3e2067c.jpeg

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-75354eacba584f78aa704b58c5b54688.jpeg

Upgrading from a Volkswagen Polo to a Tata Nexon EV Max-494272f84b844acd92e1a70d2230a5dc.jpeg

Last edited by prateekchanana : 30th September 2022 at 22:10.
prateekchanana is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:04   #24
BHPian

Hi. Is car wrap allowed by the RTO? It looks like a grey area, I am tempted to go for a wrap for my Nexon after 4 years of usage.
Old 18th October 2022, 14:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementw View Post
Hi. Is car wrap allowed by the RTO? It looks like a grey area, I am tempted to go for a wrap for my Nexon after 4 years of usage.
Well as you said it’s a grey area. But roof wrapping is anyways very common and it’s impossible to find that out by just looking at the car as most manufacturers now offer dual tone roofs. The basic grey color of the car still remains the same in my case and shouldn’t cause any problems.
Old 11th December 2022, 07:42   #26
BHPian

Re: Upgrading from Polo to Nexon EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post

Living with Nexon EV after spending 8 years with VW Polo

Wireless charger as well is not the best one and requires the phone case to be removed for most phones in order to work. I have a 12 Pro Max which barely fits inside the charger and most times the side buttons end up getting pressed if use the Apple Leather case. Not the best implementation. Another major miss in infotainment is not having wireless CarPlay even though the car comes with a wireless charger. It defeats the whole purpose of giving the wireless charger if you have to plug in the phone to connect it to the car. Was using wired CarPlay initially few days and there was no place I could keep my phone. It does not fit where the cable is plugged as it is too big and keeping it on wireless charges with cable plugged in is pointless. I had ordered a Carlinkit wireless CarPlay dongle which made the setup much better.

Attachment 2326807

The dongle is as big as the car key with the cover and fits in perfectly near the USB port. Also notice the key cover I ordered to prevent the scratchy piano black plastic on key to get wrose.

Attachment 2326809

Have put on a ultra thin type of case on my phone and the wireless charges now works perfectly along with wireless Carplay. Setting up the device was very easy and it was plug and play. You just have to connect it to bluetooth once for pairing and from next time works automatically. They have launched a new model which works with both Android Auto and Carplay wirelessly and got the same one to make it future proof. This is the setup screen you see when you first connect the device. Once connected the phone automatically connects and CarPlay is open by the time you are ready to drive.

Attachment 2326808

Being very small in size, it fits perfectly in the small space next to the USB port of the car and doesn't move around much. Comes with a perfectly small USB cable to avoid any cables hanging around. The device shows a green light if its booted properly or red if there is any error / during booting. A small double sided tape can also be used to keep the device in its place.

Attachment 2326811

The connection does take around 30 seconds when you start the car but still better than plugging in the phone every time. Also the device starts booting as soon as you unlock the car. So by the time you get in, turn on the car, fasten your seatbelt and place your phone on the wireless charges, the wireless CarPlay is ready to use. The music quality is also similar and I have not found any difference compared to the wired CarPlay except a small 2-3 second lag between pressing play and music starting.

There is however some bug in the system which at times stops Carplay from activating both wired and wirelessly. Only gets normal after you turn off the car and infotainment for 2-3 minutes and turn it on again. When this happens the phone starts charging on plugging in the cable but the head unit does not activate Carplay option. I could not find any options to force reboot / restart the headunit. This however happens very less and it works fine most times.

The only feature missing in this wireless setup is that the navigation is no longer visible on central MID as well as infotainment after exiting CarPlay. When using apple maps with wired CarPlay (does not work with google maps), with wired CarPlay, I could see the directions on MID as well as central infotainment screen even after exiting CarPlay instead of the current song being played as in the picture below.

Attachment 2326812

This was handy on the off chance you got a call while approaching a turn and ending up missing it. Or when co-passenger using the infotainment screen and you can't see navigation. However, after moving to the wireless setup, it only display the music being played even with navigation on in the MID. The central screen shows navigation active but does not display any directions. Not a major miss compared but something to keep in mind.
Hi Prateek, thanks for this one. I too ordered a carlinkit dongle seeing your review and few other on youtube. It works like a charm. But as you have mentioned you face issues on the wireless charger on your iphone 13 Pro, do you experience frequent charging on & off? Yesterday while coming back from work, my iPhone XR was at 50% charge, I didnt charge at office thinking I have a wireless charger in my car. In the car, the phone automatically connected to Apple Carplay wirelessly within a few seconds, and off I went. After about 40 mins or so I realised the battery icon on the Harman screen going on and off from charging status to normal status, now this drew attention, and I saw this kept on happening every few seconds, like 10 seconds of charging and 4 seconds or no charge. I tried lot of things like removing the cover, putting the phone upside down, rotating etc etc, no help. Then I discovered how quickly the battery drains when on apple carplay, soon after I got message of low battery. I removed the phone from the wireless charger, pulled out my Lightning to C type cable and connected it to the USB of the car after disconnecting the carlinkit dongle and connecting through an adapter. Obviously apple carplay no longer worked since I was using an adaptor. Do you think the service centre will be able to solve this? Or I need to live this and depend less on the wireless charger on board?
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 12:02   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpanjha View Post
. After about 40 mins or so I realised the battery icon on the Harman screen going on and off from charging status to normal status, now this drew attention, and I saw this kept on happening every few seconds, like 10 seconds of charging and 4 seconds or no charge. I tried lot of things like removing the cover, putting the phone upside down, rotating etc etc, no help. Then I discovered how quickly the battery drains when on apple carplay, soon after I got message of low battery. I removed the phone from the wireless charger, pulled out my Lightning to C type cable and connected it to the USB of the car after disconnecting the carlinkit dongle and connecting through an adapter. Obviously apple carplay no longer worked since I was using an adaptor. Do you think the service centre will be able to solve this? Or I need to live this and depend less on the wireless charger on board?
Even though the wireless charge is very slow but I have never seen the battery drain while being on charge. The battery barely charges 1-2% in half hour when wireless CarPlay is in use. It does sometimes show a blinking battery which you pointed out and stops charging but always resumes charging for me when I remove and keep the phone back. The primary issue I face is SOS getting activated because of side buttons getting pressed as I have the bigger Max iPhone. On an average while using both navigation and music through car play I have never seen my phone loose more than 7-10% battery in an hour when not on charge. And this is same in both my cars when I use CarPlay. You should get the phones battery checked as well as loosing 50% in 40 mins does not sound right.
Old 11th December 2022, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Even though the wireless charge is very slow but I have never seen the battery drain while being on charge. The battery barely charges 1-2% in half hour when wireless CarPlay is in use. It does sometimes show a blinking battery which you pointed out and stops charging but always resumes charging for me when I remove and keep the phone back. The primary issue I face is SOS getting activated because of side buttons getting pressed as I have the bigger Max iPhone. On an average while using both navigation and music through car play I have never seen my phone loose more than 7-10% battery in an hour when not on charge. And this is same in both my cars when I use CarPlay. You should get the phones battery checked as well as loosing 50% in 40 mins does not sound right.
In my case the battery just kept going from charging to no charging every few seconds, each state staying on for 4-5 seconds, sometimes 10-15 seconds. I tried taking the phone away and putting back again, didn’t help. Today I plan to find out a centre position, and pad up and bottom of the spare places to hold the phone in place, then let’s see. Maybe because the phone is smaller than the given area, the main induction receiver moves out of position.
Old 14th December 2022, 13:13   #29
BHPian

Update to above issue regarding wireless charging.
So, I arranged a perfectly measured padding on top & bottom to fit in the phone dimensionally, to match up the centre of the Qi charger and my iPhone, measured up to be 85mm from the bottom, and added padding to 10mm in the bottom and 20mm on the top V type groove. Now my phone even with a cover on charges seamlessly without any interruptions
Small things like these end up bringing a wide grin on the face
The carlinkit dongle also works almost flawlessly, if one can ignore the 1-1.5 second lag.
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 01:41   #30

If I may ask, how much did it cost for you to get the roof and the blue stripes on the sides as well as rear get covered with black film? I have just booked Nexon EV Max in Daytona Grey with the intention of getting the awful looking white roof and the blue strips covered as soon as I get the delivery. If you share the cost, it will help me allocate appropriate amount towards that expense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks