Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 18:00   #166

re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidharthg View Post
5. GNCAP rating?
The Atto 3 got a 5-star rating in Euro NCAP. Attaching video below.
I personally think the central airbag between the driver and co-passenger is a nice touch of safety.

MismatchD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:27   #167
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Atto 3 will be bought via SKD, check video at 6m30s mark
aim120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 23:41   #168
BHPian

Visted the BYD dealership at Yelahanka, Bangalore as we were passing through Yelahanka after a roadtrip.

Some key takeaways.

Likes,
  • Two more dealerships planned in Bangalore, one near mahadevpura which should open in 1-2 months, another somewhere on mysore road, maybe kengeri by end of next year, SA wasn't sure.
  • Really loved the looks of the exterior, definitely a head turner.
  • Interiors too feel super premium, soft cushions everywhere, be it the dashboard, the door unlock knob, centre storage etc.. Not at all repulsive or ugly as previously thought.
  • The SA says they want to keep the waiting period at no more than 2 months for the car. After the initial 500 units are delivered, the next 500 will be planned to be delivered within 2 months of order. "Apparently"
  • Main infotainment display looks super nice and clean, smooth operation. I didn't get to use much of it but it felt good.
  • Sound system felt good too, enough for my taste in Music.

Dislikes.
  • I am 6'2" and the driver side felt a bit tight/congested for me, not sure why. Adjusting the seat all the way down compromised a bit on the on-road viewing angles. A test drive is needed to properly understand what's going on here.
  • Non ventilated seats is a big miss at this price point, if not heated, cooled seats for India is a must have these days.
  • No memory seats even though the driver seat has mechanical adjustment. Could have been an easy addition.
  • The instrument cluster display is too small for my liking, feels like some cheap toy display. The software and the UI doesn't help either. looks too tacky and "chinese".
  • No frunk is a major disappointment, even with loads of free space. They just left it empty for some reason(cost cutting?).

Unknowns,
  • No info if the RVM is auto dimming or not. SA said its not auto dimming, but there wasn't a manual button too to switch between dimmed/non-dimmed mode. A little confused here.
  • Nobody knows anything about pricing.
  • The SA said warranty on the car is 3 years, but the BYD Atto3 announcement said warranty on Car parts is 6 years.
  • As the display units were Australian imports, they had some Atlas Batman tyres which didn't get good reviews. SA wasn't sure if Indian cars will get the same tyres. Hopefully not.

Overall a really good addition to the Indian EV space if priced right. Anything above 35L is DOA. 30L-32L feels like a decent buy. <30L will be an amazing buy(Zero chances).

Attaching some pictures I took with my superior photography skills.

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-20221025_141249.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-20221025_141440.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-20221025_144223.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-20221025_144255.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-20221025_144259.jpg
TheRandomGuy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 11:09   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
  • Non ventilated seats is a big miss at this price point, if not heated, cooled seats for India is a must have these days.
  • No memory seats even though the driver seat has mechanical adjustment. Could have been an easy addition.
  • The instrument cluster display is too small for my liking, feels like some cheap toy display. The software and the UI doesn't help either. looks too tacky and "chinese".
  • No frunk is a major disappointment, even with loads of free space. They just left it empty for some reason(cost cutting?).
I did check out the car as I passed by BYD showroom in Chennai, and interestingly the missing list of features was bit too much and I will add to your list below:
  • Missing auto wipers
  • Missing android auto / apple carplay (No idea if OTA update will activate it although they promise Q1'23)
  • No app connectivity (Remote start / geo-fence through phone)
  • No memory seats

Anyone seriously considering this would have a fair share of missing features at a price where these are a must-have. Let's see how this launch pans out.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 27th October 2022 at 11:32.
Old 27th October 2022, 13:37   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
  • Missing auto wipers
  • Missing android auto / apple carplay (No idea if OTA update will activate it although they promise Q1'23)
- My SA told it does have Auto wipers, hmm maybe he was wrong or I misheard I am not sure.
- AA/CP will be available in the launch vehicles, it is confirmed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th October 2022 at 13:42.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 21:37   #171

Hello Folks,

This is my very first post on the site . I booked the car on 12th Sept, initially I had asked for black color but as BYD does not have the one WW I was thinking of blue and then finally zeroed in on RED. What's the group's opinion on the colors? And any clues on the pricing?
praveen4839 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 00:18   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
Hello Folks,

This is my very first post on the site . I booked the car on 12th Sept, initially I had asked for black color but as BYD does not have the one WW I was thinking of blue and then finally zeroed in on RED. What's the group's opinion on the colors? And any clues on the pricing?
Congrats on your booking.
Can you share your thought process on why you went ahead with the booking without a test drive, and without a price too.

If you see a couple posts above, you can see a bunch of important features are missing in a car which would be >30L.
Are you still okay with going ahead with the Atto3?

Would love to know your thoughts.

Last edited by TheRandomGuy : 28th October 2022 at 00:35.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 19:17   #173

Quote:
Can you share your thought process on why you went ahead with the booking without a test drive, and without a price too.

If you see a couple posts above, you can see a bunch of important features are missing in a car which would be >30L.
Are you still okay with going ahead with the Atto3?

Would love to know your thoughts.
Hello, thank you!, short answer is I wanted to be ahead in the line with waiting period going 6+ months for all the cars especially EVs. I had booked MG ZS EV in June with a delivery date of the Jan'23, the MG Dealer called and offered me a silver color car today when I conveyed my intention to cancel, I refused and told him I am waiting for the Atto 3 pricing. Also, had watched a few reviews from Australia which convinced me to do the booking as I was assured of a full refund in case I wanted to drop the plan. About the feature that are missing I think I will be okay with that. The tipping point for me is the price. I visited the BYD Mody Dealership 2 weeks ago and I liked how the car looked. I have given feedback that they should have ventilated seats and also neutral interior color scheme like Black or Beige which would be better suited for Indian taste. I'm hopeful/expecting the final car will come with ventilated seats and may be the app at a later stage .
praveen4839 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 15:16   #174

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-side-profile.jpg

Test drove this beauty today

Hi guys,
Well, this is my first post ever on Team-BHP although I have been an avid reader of the forum for years.

I got the opportunity to test drive the BYD Atto 3 today. I had already done the booking earlier, however I couldn't see/test drive the car as I was travelling.

My current car is a Honda City and even if one is not supposed to compare, it's hard to ignore how well the old City handles.
The BYD Atto 3 handled remarkably well. The car appeared sure footed at 3 digit speeds and the body roll was minimal.

The interiors didn't appear as quirky, as the look in photographs. Maybe, by now the styling has grown on me. Plenty of soft touch materials and a very premium feel all around.

The exteriors are rather conventional and easy on the eye.

The AC performance was above average (Yes, it's late October in North India and not the right time to check ACs effectiveness). The missus appreciated the rear seat comfort and cooling. I had test drove the MG ZS EV earlier and she had had gripes about rear seats and cooling on that car.

No other revelations by the handling agent, besides what's been already discussed on this forum.

Cheers!
SeaSalt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 19:18   #175

Quote:
The software and the UI doesn't help either. looks too tacky and "chinese".
It's looking Chinese because the company is Chinese
vn11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 09:51   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn11 View Post
It's looking Chinese because the company is Chinese
yes, it sure is tacky

That said, once Apple car play is enabled, I hope the situation will improve quite a bit. The new CarPlay OS looks stunning, and can adapt seamlessly across the many car screens.

I’m just hoping CarPlay can take over that mini display too

Quote:
As @praveen4839 mentioned, the long waiting times on other cars , and overall good reviews from Aussie are huge draws.

Here’s a few more reasons to choose it without a test drive or price reveal:

Trust. BYD is a well known brand in China, and has been in India for a long time. It is also a world leader in Electric cars, and competing for top spot along with Tesla, with the highest EV sales volumes across the world.

Design. The exterior of the car looks super slick and aerodynamic, and the interiors grow on you too. Unlike any other.

Reviews. Rave reviews from Australia and other countries.

Safety. 5 star NCAP and Blade battery. Highest safety ratings for car and battery!

Price. Going by the world launches (and the earlier E6 pricing), the car is poised to launch at ~30-32 Lacs. This is a great price for this size of car.

Warranty Unprecedented warranties for peace of mind.

Just place a booking and be part of the impending BYD revolution

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th October 2022 at 10:15. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit feature to quote multiple posts.
evolvo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 09:16   #177
BHPian

So I test drove the atto3 as well as the other byd mpv.
Help me decide. I drive 1000km a week chauffeur driven 90% on NH. My workplace is 160km away. Regularly travel at speeds from 100-140kmph using a Jetta diesel currently buying an electric purely from a cost point of view. Would buy a used diesel Passat / superb otherwise which gives me 15+ km/litre on the highway

Atto pros vs e6
More power
Better features

Cons
Lesser range 350 vs 450
Lesser waranty 1.6 lakh kms vs 5 lakh
Smaller interiors

E6 cons
Very bare bones no centre arm rest at the back.
Cheap plastics suited to a 10lakh car rather than a 30+

E6 pros
Range
Waranty
Size

What do you guys think? Both are going to be priced similar around 32 lakhs.
paras211 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 12:24   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Help me decide. I drive 1000km a week chauffeur driven 90% on NH. My workplace is 160km away.

Both are going to be priced similar around 32 lakhs.
The only similarity between the two is that they are electric vehicles from the same manufacturer, and have the same on-road price.

Apart from the above, they are miles apart. One is a compact self-driven crossover with funky interiors, and the other is a no-nonsense people spacious mover. I'd go for the Atto 3 but the interiors ARE intimate to spend hours daily with a chauffeur. On the other hand, the balance 10% of the time you will really love self-driving it!

Difficult choice especially when you're used to that fabulous Jetta TDI.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:58   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Driver seat congested
Perhaps due to wider and elevated centre console.

The dimensional statistics are pretty misleading,.
Is the Atto 3 smaller than the outgoing Tucson wrt height and width?
Old 31st October 2022, 20:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
So I test drove the atto3 as well as the other byd mpv.
Help me decide. I drive 1000km a week chauffeur driven 90% on NH. My workplace is 160km away. Regularly travel at speeds from 100-140kmph using a Jetta diesel currently buying an electric purely from a cost point of view. Would buy a used diesel Passat / superb otherwise which gives me 15+ km/litre on the highway

Atto pros vs e6
More power
Better features

Cons
Lesser range 350 vs 450
Lesser waranty 1.6 lakh kms vs 5 lakh
Smaller interiors

E6 cons
Very bare bones no centre arm rest at the back.
Cheap plastics suited to a 10lakh car rather than a 30+

E6 pros
Range
Waranty
Size

What do you guys think? Both are going to be priced similar around 32 lakhs.
Get the E6 only if you need to ferry around a lot of people with you. Think of E6 vs Atto 3 as Innova vs Jeep compass. It's utilitarian and is more suited to businesses looking to carry around their workers for cheap without worrying about them screwing up the car. The bigger is better mentality is an outdated concept.

Purely based on cost analysis, you should probably also try a nexon EV max. It's surprisingly spacious and comfortable inside. Tata's aftersales can be either adequate or terrible but since you are considering a brand new entrant into our market, you are not risk averse to the unknown.

EVs though, aren't that great for high speed long highway trips. So why not:

Also consider an old audi A6. They are going for throwaway prices in major metros now and the rear seat comfort is way better than any of the other cars listed. The 2.0 is pretty frugal and you can get them with air suspension for unmatched ride quality.

A used audi too unreliable for your tastes? How about a pre-owned volvo S60 (old gen)? They can be had for cheap and they are basically bulletproof compared to the current gen volvos.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks