Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2022, 14:08   #211
BHPian

re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
I don't think it can be priced cheaper than this given that Atto 3 is a way better car in terms of everything compared to a ZS EV Exclusive Edition.
It can be, since it is cheaper than the ZS EV in literally all other markets it's launched in (Even the larger 60kWh battery pack). The MG ZS EV is a CKD vehicle in India, whereas the Atto 3 is an SKD. That's the only major difference.

Once that's sorted out, which I hope they do - price correction will do wonders for this vehicle. It feels a little sour knowing that a vehicle that's cheaper than the ZS EV in all markets, is priced 8 Lakh more on-road here.
DeKay is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 14:17   #212
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzworld View Post
I would have booked at 30L which felt like fair price. This seems to a way to milk customers. Same model in Australia is at less than 26L. With 15% tax due to CKD could have been processed under 30L.
Let's see how many of the 1,500 bookings materialize.
Its not CKD, its SKD which attracts 25% tax. Source check the video interview post 167 in this thread.
Old 14th November 2022, 14:36   #213
BHPian

Wow 1500 bookings if true is incredible.

Unlike other cars, this one had a cancellation fee of 25k. So these 1500 bookings are pretty high intent ones. This might explain the slightly higher pricing by BYD.
shyampsunder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 14:39   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The OTR will be around 34L in states with no road tax and will cross 35L in others.
That's steep.
With the ex-Showroom price of 33.99 Lakhs, OTR even in the states with no registration tax will be north of 35 Lakhs including insurance cost.
Old 14th November 2022, 14:52   #215
BHPian

Priced too high even if it's a born EV. The ZS EV suddenly looks a lot more vfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Wow 1500 bookings if true is incredible.

Unlike other cars, this one had a cancellation fee of 25k. So these 1500 bookings are pretty high intent ones. This might explain the slightly higher pricing by BYD.
From what I heard, most dealers unofficially agreed to waive off the cancellation fee. Let's see how many people actually take delivery in Jan now that the pricing is revealed

Last edited by akg7091 : 14th November 2022 at 14:55.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 14:56   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
With the ex-Showroom price of 33.99 Lakhs, OTR even in the states with no registration tax will be north of 35 Lakhs including insurance cost.
My bad, I thought the price was 33L ex-showroom.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 15:20   #217
BHPian

This makes the Nexon EV look good and protects ZS & Kona ! Let's see how many of those 1500 bookings convert after a quarter or so.
Sumedik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 15:22   #218
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting this to be priced close to the ZS and Kona. Other than the range is there anything more offered in terms to space etc compared to the others?

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 14th November 2022, 16:25   #219
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Overpriced by 2 Lakhs or so in my opinion. But I somehow do not see a lot of cancellations, and I am sure the company has factored in a few cancellations as they set a price. As long as the company can sell whatever their production capacity is, I don't think a few cancellations will hurt or bother them. What they need is to make sure that they provide great customer experience and service, and they should be fine.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 16:58   #220
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Is there anything more offered in terms to space etc compared to the others?
Oh, there absolutely is!
For starters, It's way more spacious; I'm 6'1" and I could sit behind my own front seat with maybe a couple inches to spare. No way I can do that in a ZS EV.

The build quality, fit and finish was noticeably superior - easily comparable to a Skoda Superb. The Atto 3 feels NICE, something I couldn't say about the 28 Lakh on-road ZS. Don't get me wrong, the ZS definitely feels solid and deserves credit, but the Atto 3 picks up what the MG put down and took that to another level!

We all know about the plethora of extra features it has over the ZS EV, so I won't try and list them all out, but one thing stood out in particular - the music system. I found the MG's music system to be abysmal, absolutely no place for something that bad in a car that costs so much. The BYD on the other hand, felt very sonorous.

Finally, I want mention the ride quality of the BYD - Where the MG felt sharp and slightly jittery, the BYD felt soft, composed and silent.

As a result of all this, on top of BYD's blade batteries, I have no doubt that the Atto 3 is a far better product than the MG, but coming back to what I said earlier, I just cannot fathom paying 28% more (Compared to a ZS EV top variant, on-road Bombay) for a car that's cheaper than the ZS abroad. If they start assembling this locally and that leads to price correction, I will be the first in line to sign on the dotted line. In a vacuum, I'd probably not mind spending that much on the Atto 3, but because we don't live in a bubble.

Last edited by DeKay : 14th November 2022 at 17:04.
DeKay is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 17:50   #221
BHPian

Just a quick search online tells that even the 50kw Atto 3 is costly than MG ZS. No way 60kw is going to be priced on par or cheaper than MG even with CKD.
Tucker48 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 18:00   #222
BHPian

On-road pricing for Pune (Maharashtra) & Goa.
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-byd-atto3.jpg  

AutoDowntowner is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 18:00   #223
BHPian

Don't think Atto 3 is terribly overpriced compared to MG EV. For example MG EV price in australia is about 43880 dollars, compared to 48000 for BYD ATTO 3 60KW battery . The MG EV is 44.5 KW battery. The standard edition is similarly priced as MG EV.

There is a good comparo done in Australia. Check it out. They are comparing the base model MG EV to the Extended range Atto 3.

https://www.drive.com.au/reviews/byd...ustralia-2023/

Last edited by GS-R : 14th November 2022 at 18:12.
GS-R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 19:25   #224
Senior - BHPian

Here's how the BYD Atto3 stacks up against the MG ZS EV, Hyundai Kona Electric and Tata Nexon EV Max.

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-20221114_192406.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 19:39   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Priced too high even if it's a born EV. The ZS EV suddenly looks a lot more vfm

From what I heard, most dealers unofficially agreed to waive off the cancellation fee. Let's see how many people actually take delivery in Jan now that the pricing is revealed
ZS EV was always VFM. The Excite variant is almost the same price as a top-end creta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks