Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2022, 02:45   #241
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDowntowner View Post
On-road pricing for Pune (Maharashtra) & Goa.
Why is registration 50k+ when I only paid 2550 for the registration for my EV6?
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 06:28   #242
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post

"Its an SKD, fact check before commenting"

"Again its an SKD, not a CBU. BYD already has a huge plant in India where they assemble and sell the E6 as well as the Atto3 now"
Then all the more reason to know that it is indeed highly overpriced

Do read my earlier posts here detailing the differences between ZS EV. These don’t call for a 9 lakh premium
Old 16th November 2022, 07:29   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanprabhu View Post
Do read my earlier posts here detailing the differences between ZS EV. These don’t call for a 9 lakh premium
What you are stating here is vastly subjective and to each of their own take. In my opinion, this is like comparing XUV 7OO and Tucson and stating XUV is more VFM @ 10+ lakhs lesser over Tucson, when they are both sitting a segment apart from each other in terms of overall package.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 16th November 2022 at 07:35.
vvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 09:14   #244

Quote:
The price delta isn't just the BOM. There is more to it - import duty, PC&L, manufacturing overhead (for OEM and parts suppliers) and multiple other factors.
Old 16th November 2022, 09:15   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

As a result of all this, on top of BYD's blade batteries, I have no doubt that the Atto 3 is a far better product than the MG, but coming back to what I said earlier, I just cannot fathom paying 28% more (Compared to a ZS EV top variant, on-road Bombay) for a car that's cheaper than the ZS abroad. If they start assembling this locally and that leads to price correction, I will be the first in line to sign on the dotted line. In a vacuum, I'd probably not mind spending that much on the Atto 3, but because we don't live in a bubble.
The Atto 3 price makes more sense when you compare it to the Tucson. It's got a wheelbase of 2720mm compared to the Tucson's 2755. Length is a bit shorter 4455 vs 4630 in the Tucson. This length in the Tucson seems to have gone into bootspace which is 539 litres to the Atto's 440. The Atto is a wee bit wider though 1875 to the Tucson's 1865. The feature list looks quite comparable to the Tucson's too. The price makes sense to me when viewed in this light.

Drive on
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 21:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

I was hoping for a sub 30L price here as that would set the market on fire and force other makers to bring down prices(and scale up too)

Not sure how much BYD will sell. I have hardly seen one E6 on Bangalore roads until now and this Atto3 feels very quirky(definitely more premium than E6).
Old 17th November 2022, 10:13   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

In Bangalore, I believe Atto 3 test drives are starting from tomorrow. Only from showroom for now, no home visits yet.

BLR pricelist attached:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BYD ATTO 3 - Pricelist.pdf (190.6 KB, 224 views)

Last edited by Sheel : 17th November 2022 at 11:54. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 17th November 2022, 15:38   #248
BHPian

[quote=volkman10;5419781]BYD Atto 3 electric SUV secures 5 star rating in Euro NCAP tests.

Attachment 2367393

Attachment 2367394

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-e6964ded383f447db4e17d3c293be355.png

So this means the Atto 3 has a better safety rating than the RR SPORT?
Old 19th November 2022, 22:46   #249
BHPian

Some pics of the demo BYD Atto 3 at Manipal

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6818.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6820.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6838.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6839.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6840.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6846.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6847.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6835.jpg  

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6836.jpg  

Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 22:53   #250
BHPian

The not so good interior design. But the finish and build quality is very good.BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6823.jpg

The dash display can turn for a vertical orientation of the display screen.

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6824.jpg

The door opening lever

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6827.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6829.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6830.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6831.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6832.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6834.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6837.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6852.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6853.jpg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_6859.jpg

I had a small test drive too. There are three driving modes,- eco, normal and sports. With all the power available on tap instantly, the car acclerates very well like other electrics. The ride quality is also quite good.The suspension is mature with a good ride/handling balance. With a claimed 400+ km range, it would have been great choice if not for the cost of the car which is pegged at around 36 lakhs.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 19th November 2022 at 23:19.
Deep Blue is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 23:20   #251

Had a chance to see the Atto 3 inside the BYD airconditioned showroom. The air-conditioning of the car inside the AC showroom with all doors closed was substandard. I sat inside the car with the doors and windows closed for 10 minutes with the car AC on. Service centers not started. Staff yet to train.
drtjm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 23:55   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
Booked the car with 50k. Just hoping that it can come at around 32 to 33 as Byd hasn't officially launched the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish13 View Post
Hello everyone
I have booked the atto 3 just 2 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionics View Post
I too did an "unofficial" booking. Was told of approx delivery in Jan or Feb 2023
Was just reading the whole thread and saw that you guys had placed a booking so asking a couple questions below.
Question is open to anyone else who has booked and hasn't commented in the thread too.

So what did you finally do with your booking now that the price is announced?
I am low-key looking to buy this but not sure of the pricing.

On one side, the car is really fully loaded, with features, specs and premium elements. On other side 36L+ onroad doesn't sit well with me.

I am looking for that perfect EV SUV which I plan to keep for next 8-10 years as I don't intend to change cars often.
BYD seems very reliable at the moment with them being big hotshots of EV battery tech and their warranty scheme is also really good.

Thanks,
Nik

Last edited by TheRandomGuy : 19th November 2022 at 23:56. Reason: Added another member
Old 20th November 2022, 00:35   #253
BHPian

Looking at the dimensions of the car, it is a size bigger than Creta/Seltos/ZS/Astor/Taigun/Kushaq.

It is roughly the same size as a Jeep Compass.
Atto 3 is longer, wider and has a longer wheelbase than the Compass. It has the bigger boot capacity (by 0.5%). The Compass is taller though.

Atto 3 is more powerful. Accelerates much much faster than *anything* selling for that price in India.

It is also roughly the same price on road Pune as the cheapest Diesel Automatic Compass. That variant of Compass comes with 4x4 which the Atto 3 does not. But then the Atto 3 can be run at half the cost of an Activa in fuel costs.

The only reason why we are calling it expensive is because it sells for a price lower than ZS EV elsewhere in the world. This fact makes it immensely value for money in those countries. But even if we ignore the situation elsewhere, the Atto 3 makes a decent case for itself.

Let's give the thing a chance. Prices should start rationalising with more numbers.
antz.bin is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 10:32   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
So what did you finally do with your booking now that the price is announced?
I am low-key looking to buy this but not sure of the pricing.

On one side, the car is really fully loaded, with features, specs and premium elements. On other side 36L+ onroad doesn't sit well with me.
Believe you me, when I started my exploration for a car of my requirements in the market, I initially booked the ZS EV only to later cancel it with the realization of range not being good enough + the car not ticking all the boxes of a safe EV.

I started looking outside of EV shopping and booked XUV 7OO and Tucson and now having realized that Atto 3 nearly has the entire package right, booked it as well.

But the more I look into this car, the more ideal I feel it fits my requirements. Be it the range or reliability or feature pack or safety. What holds me back are the marginally higher price (this didn't pull me down altogether since I was prepared to buy the Tucson) and more importantly BYD's brand presence, its questionable A$$ and overall resale value.

Now when I read your post, it totally resonates with mine where I am also a long-termer who prepares to hold on to the vehicle for at least a decade and so resale value holds lesser weightage but who knows what, if I am switching careers to a faraway place.

TLDR: Rooting for the Atto 3 does come with the mentioned trade-offs and it is really up to each on whether they are willing to deal with those trade-offs or not. I believe, I just might be able to! Let me know what you choose to do.

Cheers,
Vijay

Last edited by vvijay : 20th November 2022 at 10:33.
vvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 11:12   #255
BHPian

Quote:
And Australia is a very expensive market compared to other western countries including Europe and the Americas.
Not correct. Australia has a flat 5% tax on imported EVs and a 0% tax on imported vehicles from China under a FTA with China. So basically no custom duty on BYD no matter how it is imported. That alone would make it 25% cheaper than India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Believe you me, when I started my exploration for a car of my requirements in the market, I initially booked the ZS EV only to later cancel it with the realization of range not being good enough + the car not ticking all the boxes of a safe EV.
No doubt BYD got a higher safety rating but ZS EV also scored a 5 star EuroNCAP rating. Could you please explain why you considered it was not safe?
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks