Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 09:12   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

BYD Atto gets positive response as it launches in more countries.

BYD Atto 3 positively surprises in range test.

The 60-kWh battery version of the car achieved a higher range than its WLTP rating at a speed of 90 km/h (56 mph).

Quote:
The BYD Atto 3, a C-segment crossover/SUV, which in China is known as the BYD Yuan Plus, is one of the hottest BEVs on the market right now. In November, it noted nearly 30,000 sales.

It's already available in several countries, including Australia, and soon is expected to be sold also in Europe and in Japan.
Quote:
According to the video, at a speed of 90 km/h (56 mph) the average energy consumption amounted to 134 Wh/km (216 Wh/mile). When combined with the estimated usable battery capacity of 59.6 kWh, it turns out that the driving range is as high as 445 km (277 miles). This result is comparable with other global BEVs in the segment.

2022 BYD Atto 3 (aka Yuan Plus) (60.48 kWh)
Results at 90 km/h (56 mph)

range of 445 km (277 miles)
energy consumption of 134 Wh/km (216 Wh/mile)
used battery capacity: 59.6 kWh (estimated)
temperature of 25°C
18" Atlas Batman A51 (215/55-18)

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 12:52   #287
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Did a test drive of Atto 3 today. PPS BYD SA Saquib brought the car home for test drive. They have just one car in their Mahadevapura showroom and therefore it is used more as a test drive car.
The experience was great. The pick up is insane. It is very good even in eco mode. The car is spacious and the family liked the rear seat comfort.
Few negatives observed:
1. No spare tyre. We need to get a space saver which is going to eat some of the boot space. I guess we will still have some decent boot space after that.
2. Getting our for the driver requires lowering the head when the seat is set high (my height 5'8'').
3. ORVM position - I see the arm of the ORVM fully. Should get used to it.
4. The IRVM visibility is poor due to the rear windshield design.
5. The OE tyre is noisy.
Overall a very good car. The price is the issue as you get Hycross top end for the same price. If only this was less by few lakhs, it would easily sell few thousand each month.
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-img_20221229_121642.jpg  

Last edited by Upgrade : 29th December 2022 at 12:54.
Upgrade is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 14:43   #288
BANNED

BYD Atto 3 Voted Electric Family Car Of The Year 2023 By VAB

The Flemish Automobile Club, VAB, which holds the coveted contest every year for the best family cars in different categories, has voted the BYD Atto 3 the Family Car of The Year 2023. 15 professional motoring reporters and 74 family jurors judged 10 different electric cars at the famous Zolder race circuit over a 3-day period. The BYD Atto 3 beat the other 9 competitors from Volkswagen, Renault, Citroen, Nissan, CUPRA, MG, Aiways, Seres, and SsangYong.

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/12/28...r-2023-by-vab/
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-screenshot-20221229-041004.png  

Old 31st December 2022, 14:32   #289
BHPian

My car will be dispatched next week from the factory. If all goes well then I can expect the delivery in before 15th, Jan.
There techinicians will come for site inspection and installation of charger tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Turbo Head is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 20:35   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
My car will be dispatched next week from the factory. If all goes well then I can expect the delivery in before 15th, Jan.
There techinicians will come for site inspection and installation of charger tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Is there any update regarding Android Auto and Apple carplay compatibility? Do update us about that when you get the vehicle. Happy Motoring! God Speed
Old 2nd January 2023, 20:59   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
Is there any update regarding Android Auto and Apple carplay compatibility? Do update us about that when you get the vehicle. Happy Motoring! God Speed
Apple car play update was released in Australia.

SKC-auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:43   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Apple car play update was released in Australia.

https://Youtu.be/Cr5DgPYfoq0
Wow. Thanks for the timely update.

At WWDC, Apple mentioned CarPlay would take over all the screens in the car, and adapt seamlessly. So I was curious to see if this’ll work with the Atto 3’s mini screen in front of steering. The video has no mention of it, so I’m assuming it does not ‘yet’ work.

So the wait continues for a software update that will enable:
- wireless CarPlay
- 2nd screen CarPlay
- CarPlay integration with OBD for speeds, range, TPMS, Dashcam, etc

Old 3rd January 2023, 20:53   #293
BHPian

Got a call from BYD Hyd. Looks like our car has been allotted, and is expected in a week or two. Test drives have been made available since last month. I’m frankly surprised that they’re on schedule as promised (Jan’23).

Volvo on the other hand, has further delayed the XC40 Recharge delivery date by 2-3 months, while increasing price by 1 lac, and still does not even have a test drive vehicle!
evolvo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 00:03   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen4839 View Post
Hello Folks,

Initially I had asked for black color but as BYD does not have the one WW I was thinking of blue and then finally zeroed in on RED. What's the group's opinion on the colors?
Reg. Opinion on Colors:
All 4 colors are fantastic. Blue looks cool, Red looks hot, Grey looks futuristic and white looks classic

Btw, I opted for Red too…guess I was simply bored with whites since the last decade, so went all out I guess!

If you’ve got the red too, that makes us two in hyd

Last edited by evolvo : 4th January 2023 at 00:21. Reason: added info
evolvo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 23:32   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
Reg. Opinion on Colors:
All 4 colors are fantastic. Blue looks cool, Red looks hot, Grey looks futuristic and white looks classic

Btw, I opted for Red too…guess I was simply bored with whites since the last decade, so went all out I guess!

If you’ve got the red too, that makes us two in hyd
Sadly, had to cancel the booking for Atto 3 as the on road price was out of budget, went with MZ ZS EV!!
praveen4839 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 12:48   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the car in flesh yesterday, had an invitation from BYD on the ocassion of opening of the second showroom and I happened to be nearby.

They had the car covered in the showroom as they were waiting for chief guest for ribbon cutting, and hence i saw the car in the parking. The car looks good in person, and seems to be well buillt. We could not test drive because of the ocassion but was told that they will get the car home.

Build quality is nice and design though a bit qwirky still holds it's own. Leg room is decent and the car seems well put together. The instrument cluster though is extremely tiny, it feels out of place in the car and is actually a big downer. Now it might not have been too much of an issue, but this is something you will see almost all the time, and it just looks very odd. A friend who was with me called it an Auto Screen then an Atto Screen.

Other then that boot space also just looked about Ok, and missing ventilated seats is a big miss in the price range. I just walked into MG show room next to it, and the MG ZS EV almost looks smilar and with alsmot many features available. In addition I was told that they have few cars for ready delivery for MG ZS EV in case anyone is looking to buy, and it is almost 8 lacs cheaper then BYD. I then also happened to see the Hector, which just looks in another segment when it comes to the space available.

I have decided not to buy the Atto for now, it is not making a lot of sense at 37 lacs On road and on top of that living with range anxiety fear, I think it is better to pick a jeep compass petrol AT top end in that price. EV still needs soemtime and it can not be a single car in the garage for now, and if it is a secondary car then better to buy Nexon EV and save money.
Old 5th January 2023, 22:55   #297
BANNED

Agree, most buyers will look at the price, which is high.
Only thing I can say in favour of BYD Atto 3 it will not be outdated in next 6 years, which is major lifespan for a car.

Other competitors are just not there in technology (e-platform 3.0), Blade LFP battery, faster DC charging, and just overall build quality.

Interiors matters(ventilated seats etc.), but reliability and range is the biggest factor currently for EV's. With respect to that BYD has no competitors. (but price/affordability outweighs everything, as rightly said by many!)

Toyota and Honda sell more because of 'reliability' factor.
I think in "EVs" BYD has the same 'reliability' and 'range'.
The unknown brand argument does not fly, just see the EV sales in many countries, price matters though ! .
Battery replacement argument also does not matter, as many including BYD offer more than 1.5 Lakh KM warranties. I am pretty sure, battery cost will decrease in next 5 years. If the companies thought batteries are not reliable, do you think they would have given warranties on it?

Overall, in 2022, BYD sold 911,140 pure electric vehicles. Can you name anyone other than Tesla ? India needs to produce and sell more EV's to really combat pollution ! Europe is taking concrete steps.

India needs cheaper, reliable EV's in 15 Lakh price range ->BYD D1 like
with 50-60 kWh battery and actual. 300-350 KM range ( not ARAI)

Not sure what the plans are for BYD D1 though, I haven't seen any recent news on that.

Mod Note: Our BYD Atto 3 Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-didibydd1.jpg  

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-screenshot-20230105-121107.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2023 at 09:42.
vtires2018 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks