Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2022, 16:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionics View Post
Is it a clicking sound that you are hearing just like in this video? If so, I suggest you get it fixed soon. Could see similar issue behind reported in mgev forums as well.
Yes, it's similar to this, but not as pronounced. After the service, have not observed this noise. Will keep an eye out, if I hear this again, will get it fixed.
Old 18th September 2022, 11:58   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Crossing 5000Kms on the Odo

Wow, nice to know Bangalore-Udupi can be done practically on an EV now. Just a 30 minutes re-charge in the middle is not an issue at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post
On a lighter note, Impromptu Team Bhp meet at Malnad Cafe, where no one spoke to each other
Oh, Sept 11th? I passed by Malnad cafe at around 11am I think. I wanted to reach Udupi by 2pm, which I did.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 10:03   #48
BHPian

Re: Crossing 5000Kms on the Odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Wow, nice to know Bangalore-Udupi can be done practically on an EV now. Just a 30 minutes re-charge in the middle is not an issue at all.

Oh, Sept 11th? I passed by Malnad cafe at around 11am I think. I wanted to reach Udupi by 2pm, which I did.
Yes, it was on Sep 11th, this all Happened between 1-2 PM
Old 22nd September 2022, 16:52   #49
BHPian

Re: Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Quick Summary:Though the dealership insisted on getting their own insurance, I pushed back on it with the quote I received from the market. Finally, they relented and I saved 40K just on insurance.
Hi I am facing the same dilemma. Acko is offering it to me at 40K less than what the dealer is quoting. Did you notice any difference in the coverage?
Old 22nd September 2022, 18:40   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
Hi I am facing the same dilemma. Acko is offering it to me at 40K less than what the dealer is quoting. Did you notice any difference in the coverage?
There is no difference in coverage from what the dealer is offering. The insurer from the dealer end is ICICI Lombard.
For Acko, do ensure that you take up zero dep and invoice cover in the policy. This will cover the battery and motor.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
There is no difference in coverage from what the dealer is offering. The insurer from the dealer end is ICICI Lombard.
For Acko, do ensure that you take up zero dep and invoice cover in the policy. This will cover the battery and motor.
Thank you, speedmiester. Will do as advised.
Old 27th September 2022, 14:23   #52
Senior - BHPian

6000Kms Update:

Lightfury completed 6000Kms on the odo post our short vacation to Chikmagalur. The car performed well on the 4 lane highways, 2 lane highways as well as the climb up to Mullanygiri peak on narrow mountain roads.

I had planned a short vacation to Chikmagalur at the onset of my son’s Dasara vacation. Had no intention to explore there but just relax for couple of days.

Left Bangalore at 9AM Saturday morning and reached our resort at 1:30PM with a couple of breaks. The resort was kind enough to offer slow charging for free.

Next day, drove to Mullayangiri peak to witness the Neel Kurinji flower bloom early morning. EVs are a delight to drive on mountain roads though the power consumption will be higher, but this is negated by increase in range on the downhill run due to regen. The hill hold and EPB worked well in keeping the car secure while parking and starting off from an incline.

Lightfury was charged to 100% overnight before our return. Drove back to Bangalore on Monday to avoid the weekend rush. Took me 4 hours to reach my place in Bangalore.

The entire trip was done in Normal/sports mode with AC on for 95% of the time. Also I was not conservative and drove at good speeds whenever the road permitted. The time taken for the drive are similar to ICE cars.

• Total distance travelled: 585Kms
• Total Time taken: 10 hrs 12Mins
• Charging cost: ~Rs 350/- for the charging done at home for onward journey
• Toll cost: 780/-

Toll cost was higher than the fuel cost for this trip.

Have a few more drives planned before end of this year which might push the odo towards the 10K mark.

Another update:

As part of their “Worth Waiting for” program, MG delivered the car refrigerator. This is for customers who have waited for more than 5 months for their cars. It’s a 18L refrigerator with both cold and warm function. It can also be used at home. The other options offered include a dual channel dashcam, car vacuum cleaner, tyre inflator and few accessories.

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-20220926_204154.jpg

Parting shot from the Chikmagalur drive

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-20220926_211707.jpg
speedmiester is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 22:00   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Toll cost was higher than the fuel cost for this trip.

Good read. Thank you for the post. Look forward to the 10K trip updated.

BTW i did the PDI yesterday. Seemed ok. I noticed that you are on Michelin but the ones I'm getting are continental.
I'm guessing they are the same specs, except that continental is now made in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-img_20220926_163324.jpg  

rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 06:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post

Good read. Thank you for the post. Look forward to the 10K trip updated.

BTW i did the PDI yesterday. Seemed ok. I noticed that you are on Michelin but the ones I'm getting are continental.
I'm guessing they are the same specs, except that continental is now made in India.
Congrats on your new car. When are you taking delivery?

Yes, I have Michelin tyres which are Made in China. Good to see Continental tyres provided by MG as these will cost lesser than the ones which are imported.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new car. When are you taking delivery?

Yes, I have Michelin tyres which are Made in China. Good to see Continental tyres provided by MG as these will cost lesser than the ones which are imported.
That Didn't seem to affect the total cost. i guess they just made a bit more money on my car.

Delivery most likely this weekend or early next week. I have refused the Teflon coating from the dealer, so I hope it should be only the RTO delay. Then it will go in for a PPF coat, which should take about 3 days. I hoping for a 500Km drive next weekend. Fingers crossed.
Old 28th September 2022, 12:42   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Another update:

As part of their “Worth Waiting for” program, MG delivered the car refrigerator. This is for customers who have waited for more than 5 months for their cars.
Were you aware of this program beforehand or were you notified by MG SA after delivery?

To date, an owner I personally know was never notified of the same. She did the booking in October 2021 and got delivery in May 2022.

I'm not getting good vibes from MG Kochi/Thrissur at all. They've added car wash charges during free services; both first and second. When confronted, during the second service, they said 'Car wash' is a paid service and only done for free during first service. Ironically they charged Rs 600 for the same during the first one. This is on top of pushing services like 'AC Vent disinfectant' and '3M Mechanical Care Pack' ( Lubing hinges and battery terminals with 3M spray) on a 4 month old car which were obviously declined.

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 28th September 2022 at 12:44.
Old 28th September 2022, 14:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Were you aware of this program beforehand or were you notified by MG SA after delivery?

To date, an owner I personally know was never notified of the same. She did the booking in October 2021 and got delivery in May 2022.

I'm not getting good vibes from MG Kochi/Thrissur at all.
I didn't get any communication on this from MG. I got a notification of the program from the MyMG app. I had no hopes that MG would follow through, so pleasantly surprised when they did.

I have had no issues with my dealer and service centre. I opted for the classic AMC for 3 yrs or 30000kms. This covers all consumables and labout except for tyres and aux battery. I didn't have to pay anything for both the services.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2022, 12:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
This program was started in June i think. It showed up on the MyMG app sometime in June or July if I recall correctly.
Old 3rd October 2022, 12:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
6000Kms Update:

Another update:

As part of their “Worth Waiting for” program, MG delivered the car refrigerator. This is for customers who have waited for more than 5 months for their cars. It’s a 18L refrigerator with both cold and warm function. It can also be used at home. The other options offered include a dual channel dashcam, car vacuum cleaner, tyre inflator and few accessories.
Thanks for this information. I had this unread on my app. I too have opted for the refrigerator, it says it will be delivered within four months.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 3rd October 2022 at 12:57. Reason: spelling
Chrome6Boy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 16:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

7500Kms update

Lightfury completed 7500Kms today, this milestone comes just shy of 2.5 months of ownership.

This included an all-night drive to our relative’s estate near Chikmaglur on an unplanned visit and 3 drives to Mysore and back.

One of our relative passed away last Saturday and my Mother wanted to visit them on same day. Since I had unavoidable work in Bangalore on Sunday, only option was to pull an all-nighter drive from Mysore to Chikmagalur and back followed by another sprint to Bangalore.

I was familiar with the roads and their conditions. Also the reliability and availability of fast charger at Hassan made it easier. Left Mysore with 90% SOC at 6:10PM, reached Hassan at 9PM. Had dinner and charged up the car for 20mins. Beyond Chikmaglur, it was all uphill and the last few Kms to our relative’s house is on steep inclines flanked by deep vegetation and coffee estate. Lightfury had no issues climbing the steep inclines and the return drive added couple of percentage to the SOC.

Did one more quick 20Mins charge at Hassan on the return leg and reached Mysore with 9% SOC at 4:15AM. Freshened up and charged for 45mins at Zeon station to take the SOC to 85%. Good enough for the drive to Nanjangud to pick up my FIL and back to Bangalore.

All in all, drove about 611Kms between 6:10PM to 9AM. One of those rare occasions that I am thankful for my hypersensitivity to caffeine 😊

Also, my confidence in driving unplanned over long distances in the ZS EV has increased dramatically.

With fast chargers getting deployed across the Country at rapid pace, range anxiety on EVs will be a thing of the past in couple of years.
speedmiester is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks