Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Had the same concern. Got the new LEDs from MG for about 4k per pair and they seem to do the job very well. Came with one year warranty too. Getting them onto the car was like a 5-min job for the service guys. All official.
Is this for the New 2022 model or the earlier one?
The earlier one came with Halogen bulbs and MG themselves offered LED upgrades.
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:31   #77
BHPian

Re: Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
Has it significantly improved the night visibility?
I wonder if you have taken a before and after pic Wishful thinking
It is a huge improvement from the earlier Halogens. Must add that I did try Novsight LEDs from Amazon. It was a terrible experience. One bulb keeps going out and they replaced it couple of times. Visibility was great but I didn't like the beam pattern as it was not the same as the Halogen bulbs. This went on for about 3 replacements after which I gave up and returned those bulbs. At least they were gracious enough to accept return.

Didn't get a chance to click pictures in the workshop. Car was out in about an hour after service. I only noticed the lights in a friend's basement that evening. For the price, I think those bulbs are great. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Is this for the New 2022 model or the earlier one?
The earlier one came with Halogen bulbs and MG themselves offered LED upgrades.
That is correct. It was almost like there was a guy assigned to do just this. Spot a car with halogens and offer LEDs. In my case, he even spotted that the car did not have floor mats and offered the pack. About 4k got me the whole kit including boot mat. Everything fits superb.

Last edited by adrena : 23rd November 2022 at 12:32.
adrena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Were you aware of this program beforehand or were you notified by MG SA after delivery?

To date, an owner I personally know was never notified of the same. She did the booking in October 2021 and got delivery in May 2022.
Same case with me. I had also booked in October 21 and got delivery in May 22 and never got any notification of this program. On reaching out to MG, they said the program is applicable to customers who waited for more than 5 months for delivery AND their car is retailed on or after 1st May 2022. In my case my car was retailed in April for first week of May delivery.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:45   #79
BHPian

Did anyone pay for the end of 2 years (4th) service for MG ZS EV 2019 model?

I thought the first 5 services are completely free, yet, I was charged a total of Rs. 8589.20 for the same. It did include the optional upgrade to LED headlamps, 4k + labor cost.
I see additional charges under the following heads;

head: 3 other Concerns (I didn't raise any concern as such but was told these are regular services that must be done)
a. SBLT0120 Sublet MISC Rs. 472
b. WUERTH06 Wuerth MG Special Combo 2 - Mechanical C Rs. 531
c. WUERTH10 Wuerth AC Vent Disinfectant Rs. 991
d. WUERTH11 Wuerth AC Evaporator Cleaning Rs. 2596

In addition, these were done/given for free;
-4th Free Service/20,000 KM Service EV
-Solvent-Wdo Clnr
-Wheel Alignment and Balancing ( 4 Tyres)
-WEIGHT Sticker (any idea what this is? Wheel balancing weights?)
-A/C Filter-ZS

Overall experience was very smooth...
Old 25th November 2022, 16:58   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjee View Post
Did anyone pay for the end of 2 years (4th) service for MG ZS EV 2019 model?
4th service is free if you have opted for AMC pack

Quote:
a. SBLT0120 Sublet MISC Rs. 472
b. WUERTH06 Wuerth MG Special Combo 2 - Mechanical C Rs. 531
c. WUERTH10 Wuerth AC Vent Disinfectant Rs. 991
d. WUERTH11 Wuerth AC Evaporator Cleaning Rs. 2596
The last three items are optional and are not mandatory. The SA will push for these things at every service. Just say no. Ask him to do just the items mentioned and recommended by MG.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 12:52   #81
BHPian

Quote:
4th service is free if you have opted for AMC pack

The last three items are optional and are not mandatory. The SA will push for these things at every service. Just say no. Ask him to do just the items mentioned and recommended by MG.
Thank you! Yes I got the MG Care. So rest of the items were free.
Old 1st December 2022, 01:54   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Speedmiester,

Congratulations on your MG ZS EV. Looks nice and seems to be a mid-scale value for money EV at a price point which can be affordable to many.

Great to know that you have good charging outlets so range anxiety which is the biggest worry when driving an EV is taken care.

What is the horsepower, torque and 0-100 timing of this car? Also, curious to know what is the range that MG have claimed and what is the actual range that you get in real life?

Cheers & Enjoy the EV which is such a wonderful experience since we all drove ICE cars for so long.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 08:07   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hi Speedmiester,

Congratulations on your MG ZS EV. Looks nice and seems to be a mid-scale value for money EV at a price point which can be affordable to many.

Great to know that you have good charging outlets so range anxiety which is the biggest worry when driving an EV is taken care.

What is the horsepower, torque and 0-100 timing of this car? Also, curious to know what is the range that MG have claimed and what is the actual range that you get in real life?

Cheers & Enjoy the EV which is such a wonderful experience since we all drove ICE cars for so long.
Thanks.

Power and torque are 176BHP and 280NM respectively.
0-100 comes in at about 8.5s. Top speed is limited to 175KMPH. These numbers are quite good for a mid market mainstream EV.

In terms of range, MG claims a number of 461Kms, I have been consistently getting around 350-370Kms on a single charge. This is dependent on speed, road condition, traffic, elevation etc. The max range I have extracted is 382Kms with about 64Kms range left, this is with 100% AC and speeds around 75-90Kmph.

Every week there are new DC fast charging outlets added to the network, so range anxiety is now pretty much a thing of the past. EVs do need a bit of planning, but that's a small trade off against it's many advantages.

Last edited by speedmiester : 1st December 2022 at 08:08.
speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 09:29   #84
BHPian

@speedmiester

Thats a lovely review and fair mileage in a few months. How do you find the back seat comfort over long journeys? I am looking at EVs and ZS Excite is at the top of the list but the rear seat left me unimpressed in the short time I spent with the test car.

~sm
Old 1st December 2022, 09:45   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
@speedmiester

Thats a lovely review and fair mileage in a few months. How do you find the back seat comfort over long journeys? I am looking at EVs and ZS Excite is at the top of the list but the rear seat left me unimpressed in the short time I spent with the test car.

~sm
Yes, rear seats are not that great. But none of my family members are avg height and build. So far, I have not heard any complaints from them. The softer suspension setup helps a bit.
Old 1st December 2022, 09:50   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Negatives:
  • Soft suspension takes some edge off the fun at higher speeds.
  • Have scrapped a couple of times on large speed breakers.
Thanks for the update! Couple of questions.

1. Till what speed you find it comfortable after which the ride is unsettled?
2. Even with this being SUV, you were able to scrape it or is it low?
My experience with my car has been that the middle part of body always scrapes on big speed breakers so the GC number does not matter as most of the time that is lowest part of suspension.
Old 1st December 2022, 11:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Thanks for the update! Couple of questions.

1. Till what speed you find it comfortable after which the ride is unsettled?
2. Even with this being SUV, you were able to scrape it or is it low?
My experience with my car has been that the middle part of body always scrapes on big speed breakers so the GC number does not matter as most of the time that is lowest part of suspension.
1. I am comfortable with speeds up to 120kmph, post which small undulations gets filtered in. Also body roll increases with higher speeds. I prefer to keep it under 120KMPH to avoid the speed warnings as well. Sweet spot is between 80-110KMPH.

2. Ground clearance is rated at 177mm which is good. The scraping has occurred on very bad speed breakers. No issues with majority of them. Also the underbody is well protected with a flat floor, so there isn't much to worry about.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 19:05   #88
Senior - BHPian

Back from another 500Kms+ drive over the weekend for the Team BHP Bangalore meet.

As usual the Lightfury was flawless in it's performance.

I charged up at the Zeon charger in Mysore on the way and again at Jio BP Charger on return, this was necessitated due to some spirited driving

Current Odo stands just shy of 12000 Kms, the past few weeks have seen less highway drives due to work travel.

Couple of pics from the drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-20221210_110738.jpg  

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-20221211_145858-1.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 19:54   #89
Senior - BHPian

13000 Kms update:

Lightfury crossed 13000kms today. After a bit of lull for about 2 weeks, the kms got racked up quickly. This included a 500Kms+ Team BHP drive and a 850Kms quick dash to Dharmastala, Mangalore, Kukke Subramanya and back. This was followed by a 220Kms breakfast drive with my parents near Bangalore.

Temple Run: 2 Friends, 2 Temples, 2 Ghats, 27 hours and 851Kms

My friend and I planned a drive to Dharmastala and Kukke and one day at our disposal for this drive. This is not an issue with two drivers, but my friend had forgotten to renew his Driving license even beyond the 3 months grace period which effectively meant I had to drive throughout.

Started off with 100% SOC from Bangalore. First charging stop was at Relux Charging station at Shantigrama toll plaza. Charged to full from 50% in about 50mins. Left for Dharmastala through Charmadi ghat and reached Dharmastala at 6AM. Post temple darshan and breakfast we decided to have ice cream at Pabba’s in Mangalore. Took a detour and reached Mangalore in 90mins. Put the car to charge at the fast charger at Tata motors showroom and had our fill of ice cream sundaes.

Left for Kukke from Mangalore with a full charge and stomach. Reached Kukke with 68% charge. After darshan left for Mysore through Bisle ghat. The uphill climb did eat into the range, but I was confident of reaching Mysore without another charging stop. We stopped multiple times for taking pictures of breath taking western ghats bathed in the evening sun. We reached Mysore at 9PM with a 18% charge left.

Post a few errands in Mysore and 30mins charging session later we were off to Bangalore at 11:30PM. Since both of us had not slept a wink the previous night, we had to have multiple stops enroute to Bangalore which meant a longer than usual drive time of 3 hours. Finally I reached home at 2:30AM after dropping my friend. That’s a drive time of just under 20hrs. Overall time taken for the drive was little under 27Hours.

Final stats from the drive
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-final-stats.jpg

Lightfury performed flawlessly and I had no range anxiety over the entire drive. The quiet cabin, lack of gearshifts and enough torque right from zero rpms meant a less strenuous drive.
Availability of fast chargers has increased leaps and bounds ever since I got my ZS EV. With more EVs getting launched, the number of fast chargers will only go up. I am planning another longer drive soon.

Few pics from the temple run

Night Sky over Charmadi ghat
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-nightsky.jpg

At Bisle ghat

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-bisle.jpg

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-2.jpg

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-img_20221216_173624239.jpg

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-img_20221216_173634763.jpg

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-3resized.jpg

Parting shot

Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-inkedimg_20221216_182906536.jpg
speedmiester is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 20:32   #90
BHPian

Lovely pictures, and heartening to note that the MG ZS is working well for you, in India. The range you are getting under actual driving conditions is very impressive. Here in Sweden, we have to drive within a narrow band that is considered acceptable on our highways (110-120 km/h), anything both under or over that range is considered unacceptable and/or illegal. My friend manages to get over 220 km with a full charge in summers, but the winter mileage drops considerably (temperatures below -20 ° C are not uncommon during winters), making longer trips during winters less feasible. He lives just over 200 km away from me, up in Stockholm, but he'd need to make a stop some 50 km before my city, to be able to get a charge. If you end up stopping on a motorway due to lack of fuel/charge, the fines can be astronomically high here. He's leased the car for three years, and is unlikely to buy it or extend the lease. He'll probably try to get an EV which can deliver at least 300 km range under our speed and temperature bands, or switch back to a petrol or a petrol/electric hybrid.

-Supermax
supermax is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks