Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 17:01   #166
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range

Amazing pricing and launch by Tata. Now we have to watch for how much of backorders this may end up generating. I'm sure this will have quite a long wait. Guess we need to book this for delivery in 2024 or so...
destinykid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:36   #167
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range

Did no one notice the power figures? Keep hearing about how the Tiago and Tigor are underpowered, and how they may be just fine for the city, but do not have the grunt required at highway speeds, Isn't it queer that Tata decided to further reduce the power on this, when getting even more powerful motors shouldn't have been a problem, both cost wise, or packaging wise? From the photos of the front bay, it seems that they could have easily achieved that.
SRT_Dwarka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:44   #168
BHPian

Does Tiago EV get steel wheels across the range? It doesn't seem to be mentioned clearly anywhere. The wheels shown on cars in video ads appear to be alloys. But they look very different from images on the website and brochure. Also, brochure specifications just list "full wheel covers" for all variants (XZ+ variants get Hyper Wheel styled, but they are still wheel covers apparently).

Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range-tiagoevwheels.png

Wheels in video ads (look like alloys):

Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range-tiagoadswheels.png

Wheels in the brochure (look like wheel covers, probably on steel wheels?):

Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range-tiagobrochurewheels.png

Last edited by tarunjain : 28th September 2022 at 17:51.
tarunjain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 17:48   #169
BHPian

Does anyone know if the Tiago EV has top speed restrictions? Hope it's not limited to 80 KPH.
Old 28th September 2022, 18:00   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Does anyone know if the Tiago EV has top speed restrictions? Hope it's not limited to 80 KPH.
IMHO, due to the lower powered motor, I don't think they need to employ any electronic speed limitations, don't see this going beyond 100 KMPH, And surely so for the lower range, lower powered variant
Old 28th September 2022, 18:09   #171
BHPian

Wow outstanding job by TATA. A few years back I thought we would get a decent EV below 10lac only by the latter half of the decade. Kudos to TATA motors for making EVs more accessible.
lionheart_mm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:30   #172
BHPian

Where to book one once booking starts? will it be online, centrally controlled like the Mahindra booking systems, or do we need to go to a dealer and ask him tog in our bookings first ?
electric.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:58   #173
Senior - BHPian

Very, very competitive pricing. Even if it is introductory and restricted to the first 10,000 buyers or whatever.
Beads of sweat must be forming on the collective foreheads of Maruti, Mahindra & Hyundai as their bosses size up what to do next. MG also gets a new headache and has to think of new ways to differentiate their two door small EV when they launch it next year.

If the Tiago EV car performs well, without glitches, TML has a huge hit on their hands.
Tiago, as a brand, already has a large user base, and notwithstanding the crude and rough nature of its ICE powertrain, it has turned out to be a proven and pretty relaible product.
Dial in a solid and safe build, stable high speed driving manners, nicely calibrated steering and decent cabin plastics, this small hatch sells in steady numbers to get the volumes for TML
If these same virtues can be found in the Tiago EV, then TML has a potential winner on their hands.
Not only it will draw in new buyers into their fold, but existing owners of Tata's higher prices vehicles such as the Harrier, Safari, Nexon may start looking at the EV Tiago as an additional car to their family fleet.
arjab is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 19:23   #174

This is going to be the new 'Bread & Butter' model for the new age Tata.

Great pricing strategy:
1. Starting price less than what people expected
Reaction: Heads turning and shouting 'Wow!'

2. Sell cars like hot cakes
Reaction: I too need one, this fits in my budget.

3. Entice people looking at top end with better models like Altroz EV and Nexon Max EV
Reaction: Too much waiting time for Tiago EV, i'll book the next model (only few lakhs difference, I don't mind).

Finally, Tata becomes not just the EV leader in India, but with growing slaes, will invest more in R&D and improve the whole EV industry in India.

Good times ahead, All the best Tata!
IYoungAre is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 20:18   #175
Senior - BHPian

I believe we can expect an eV to be among the top 10 in the monthly sales chart. Wonderful!
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 20:51   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT_Dwarka View Post
Did no one notice the power figures? Keep hearing about how the Tiago and Tigor are underpowered, and how they may be just fine for the city, but do not have the grunt required at highway speeds, Isn't it queer that Tata decided to further reduce the power on this, when getting even more powerful motors shouldn't have been a problem, both cost wise, or packaging wise? From the photos of the front bay, it seems that they could have easily achieved that.
Electric vehicles have instant torque. These will be much better to drive than their ICE variants.
Bluengel180 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 20:58   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT_Dwarka View Post
IMHO, due to the lower powered motor, I don't think they need to employ any electronic speed limitations, don't see this going beyond 100 KMPH, And surely so for the lower range, lower powered variant
Trust me after having owned both tigor and Tiago in petrol form and now the Tigor ev, the performance and smoothness of the EV is far superior to the petrol counterparts. The instant power and jerk free drive makes city driving an absolute breeze and for quick overtakes s mode is more than powerful. All fun gets over by 120 km/h which is it's top speed though.
Nanolover is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 21:21   #178
BHPian

Looks like an awesome offering. Tata now clearly the leader in EV space, others have quite some work to do.
Old 28th September 2022, 21:40   #179

Instead of those smart connecting features and leatherette seats, i would have loved to have ventilated seats on this one.
Rahulk302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 22:12   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk302 View Post
Instead of those smart connecting features and leatherette seats, i would have loved to have ventilated seats on this one.

I wont be surprised if there is be a VOLT edition down the line with the ventilated seats, wireless charging, new external colour theme with accentuated interiors in same colour and 30k extra over the top variant. The #FOREVERNEW philosophy is working out in addressing the "oh i wish they had just this one thing" kind of feedback in under a year. May be too many special edition is a downer but it is working out for them. Kudos.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks