Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2023, 17:12   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV400 EV Review

Mahindra XUV400 booked for 7 months, garners over 10,000 bookings during Republic day weekend.

Quote:
Mahindra XUV400 bookings started on January 26.

The EV has received over 10,000 orders in four days.

Received orders translate to a seven-month supply duration.

Introductory prices valid for first 5,000 bookings of each variant.

Prices range between Rs 15.99 lakh and Rs 18.99 lakh (ex-showroom).

Deliveries to begin in March.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 07:13   #137
BHPian

Another car with agonizing waiting period for the customers. While this has its advantages, I don't see this affecting Nexon EV MAX too much. Also Mahindra should improve the design of this car. XUV 700, ScorpioN and Thar look very good. But XUV 400? Nope.
FireBlade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:02   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
Also Mahindra should improve the design of this car. XUV 700, ScorpioN and Thar look very good. But XUV 400? Nope.
Isn't the design basically the 2015 ssangyong Tivoli, it's not an in-house Mahindra design.
Old 31st January 2023, 13:24   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBlade View Post
Also Mahindra should improve the design of this car. XUV 700, ScorpioN and Thar look very good. But XUV 400? Nope.
Agreed. Nexon went from 4/10 to a solid 7.5 with the change in the lights grill and front bumper. I know 3 people who went with the 2020 Nexon while before they wouldn't even look at the car.

Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-tatanexon.jpg

There is no reason why Mahindra cant tweak the front of the car (and the centre console) which otherwise is a pretty solid package.

Last edited by vellatechie : 31st January 2023 at 13:25.
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 20:18   #140
BHPian

Competition is getting intense now.
For the first time Nexon gets a proper competitor with specs and prices closely matching it.
Hope customer is the one who gets benefitted from all this healthy competition.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 06:41   #141
BHPian

We have had a very disappointing experience with Mahindra Electric.
We own a Nexon EV personally so bought a Mahindra Treo 3-wheeler for ferrying our staff from the nearby villages. This is a 3+1 seater which looks like a proper 3-wheeler and not the usual e-rickshaw contraption. Plus it has a Lithium battery unlike the Lead Acid ones on other 3-wheelers.
The Treo ran nicely for a while but then it started acting up. One afternoon it is doing fine and the driver would leave it to charge and then it won't just budge in the morning.
Then you have to get it towed to the workshop where they would keep it for 3-4 days.
Then one day it would just stop charging and then you take it to the dealer or get it towed, depending on the charge remaining. Again gone for 3-4 days.
The local dealer is very helpful and responsive but can't do anything when faced with faulty design or bad QC.
The dealer's workshop has 8-10 of these everyday, as I noted when I went there.
I bought this Treo as an environment friendly gesture (my work is eco-tourism). But most others buy it to use as a commercial service. I have a back-up vehicle but for others it is their only source of income.
Our driver has witnessed fights and shouting at the workshop due to the anger of the owners of this comparatively expensive vehicle.
This is the first Mahindra vehicle we bought and the experience has not been very good.
So I plan on selling this but I know I won't get a fair price because of it's reputation.

Last edited by Alfresco : 4th February 2023 at 06:47. Reason: Typos
Alfresco is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 10:41   #142
BHPian

Any idea what was the highest bidding price for the Mahindra XUV400 Exclusive Edition?

​The auction is closed and the closing price has not been mentioned on the official site.
Old 6th February 2023, 11:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonCrown View Post
Any idea what was the highest bidding price for the Mahindra XUV400 Exclusive Edition?

​The auction is closed and the closing price has not been mentioned on the official site.
When I checked 5 hrs before the auction closed the bidding amount was at 1.22 crores.
Old 6th February 2023, 14:09   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
He was clearly trying to shoo us away from the drive. I decided to have some fun and asked if the car can only be used after charging it all the way till 100% wouldn’t that be a major design flaw? Asked him to clear it with his superiors and check whether we could get that promised drive while he’s at it.
Surprise! Surprise! I got a flurry of calls from the dealer and Mahindra yesterday asking about this particular incident. The dealership called first. Initially I thought it was just a feedback call. They asked me how the TD went. I said I loved the product and is considering other options also. Then they specifically asked about the incident mentioned in my drive report in team-bhp. I told them I was disappointed initially for being denied a promised test drive. But I do understand that probably the sales rep had some plans for the evening, being republic day and all. I certainly didn't want to make a fuss about it. The dealership representative said that this had caught the attention of Mahindra and they had enquired into the matter (More power to us). She apologised for the incident and promised a test drive at my home, whenever it is convenient. She said that Mahindra representatives wants to contact me and extend their apologies also, to which I obliged. Over the next few hours, I received a few calls from representatives at various hierarchical levels of Mahindra customer care. To be frank, this was quite unexpected and courteous from the part of Mahindra. It seemed to me that they had read the drive report rather well as some of them were explaining further on the various aspects of the 4OO that I touched upon like the dynamics, aesthetics etc. It was a good experience. All of them repeatedly confirmed that a test drive would be arranged at my home as per my convenience, shared their contact number and reassured me of any assistance that might be required, should I decide to go for the 4OO.

It is really encouraging to see Mahindra making that pro-active effort to ensure customer satisfaction. If someone from Mahindra is reading this, what usually happens is that this level of enthusiasm and pro-activeness from the top level team usually gets diluted at the grass-root level, by at least some of the sales or service executives who are the first touch-points in a customer interaction. Mahindra has already got brilliant products and if this service aspect can be worked upon, it would be truly awesome!
GKR9900 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 07:08   #145
BHPian

Quote:
It is really encouraging to see Mahindra making that pro-active effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
This was awesome to read. If Mahindra continues to follow reviews and opinions from Team BHP and act upon it, they are going places for sure !
Old 7th February 2023, 09:57   #146
BHPian

Quote:
It is really encouraging to see Mahindra making that pro-active effort to ensure customer satisfaction. If someone from Mahindra is reading this, what usually happens is that this level of enthusiasm and pro-activeness from the top level team usually gets diluted at the grass-root level, by at least some of the sales or service executives who are the first touch-points in a customer interaction. Mahindra has already got brilliant products and if this service aspect can be worked upon, it would be truly awesome!
This is very positive of Mahindra. They probably understand well that Team-BHP members and reader can influence many more and it makes sense to act on the high quality feedback posted here.

It will serve other car makers well to follow the same.
Old 9th February 2023, 19:26   #147

Today, I had the experience of test driving this car. I was told that the test drive vehcile is a pre-production version that has a battery capacity much lower than the production vehicle. It showed a range of 184km with 70% SOC implying a real life range of 262km. My concern is that the back seat comfort will get compromised when Mahindra fits the larger battery into the production vehicle. They may have to raise the floor height to accomplish that which will make it similar to the Nexon EV Max. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
Old 9th February 2023, 19:47   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not specific to XUV4OO but the recent launches from Thar onwards we have seen quite a bit of ground work before the launch and then factory teams are visiting customers after the product launch too to validate if things are going according to plan.

From their interaction it appears that the brand is no longer catering to anyone who has the money - they are focused on customers who identify with whatever is their brand aspirations.

What it means at the ground level is that we can expect all kinds of cool stuff but it would also mean you`re going to have to pay a premium as well as wait for their vehicle to arrive.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 21:12   #149
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by advant View Post
Today, I had the experience of test driving this car. I was told that the test drive vehcile is a pre-production version that has a battery capacity much lower than the production vehicle.
That is BS spewn by the sales advisor. The test drive vehicle has the the same capacity battery.
Old 9th February 2023, 21:44   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
That is BS spewn by the sales advisor. The test drive vehicle has the the same capacity battery.
The EC variant comes with a battery size of 34.5KWH whereas the EL variant comes with 39.5KWH. if the TD vehicle has the same capacity as the production vehicle, it should have the 34.5KWH battery. Otherwise, a projected 0-100% range of 262Km (dash showed 184Km with 70% SOC) is significantly short of the advertised range of 453Km for the EL variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks