Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2023, 03:25   #196
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV400 EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
- What does the manual say about battery charging? Upto 80% only or full charge?
- How many times fast charge can be done before it requires a slow charge?
Regarding the M&M recommendation for charging - should be charged all the way to 100% each and everytime. This is mentioned in the manual and was mentioned multiple times in the post delivery 'demo'. Infact the app calls it"charging deviations" if you stop below 100%. That pretty harsh wording for such a thing - my takeaway is they really want you to charge all the way, so that's what I've been following. Also, I have no way to cap at 80%, without doing a daily trip to the basement late at night to check and stop - so I'll pass.

For fast charging, the manual says to slow charge to 100% after 3 fast charging sessions. In addition, they also mentioned fast charge only if necessary and avoid for regular usage. Hence they are selling the car only after feasibility check of home charger installation.

Also, i just also figured a jugaad for lack of cruise control - 'fun' mode is capped at around 95 kmph, and limit is 100kmph for LMVs on the MPEW. So basically floor it!
Anyway, after using the XUV700's adaptive cruise control extensively on the same expressway, I don't care for the dumb non-adas flavour of cruise control anymore.
sidoxic is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 19:21   #197

Congratulations. Yes some misses there by M&M.

- How is the L mode on Highways?
- What’s the charge time?
- What does the manual say about battery charging? Upto 80% only or full charge?
- How many times fast charge can be done before it requires a slow charge?

————————

Thanks for enquiring

- L Mode was not tried in Highways - since engaging the vehicle in L mode implies the vehicle to start application of Regen Braking as soon as the foot is removed from pedal and during highway runs, this is tiring. More of a reason for requirement of Cruise control
- I have done charging mainly in DC fast chargers and vehicle is getting charged from 20-100% within 35-40 mins.
- Manual and the Bluesense 400 app states to charge to 100% once in every third charging cycle and also states to allow for overnight charging for better battery cycle.
Old 14th May 2023, 21:40   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyG View Post
Bluesense 400 app states to charge to 100% once in every third charging cycle and also states to allow for overnight charging for better battery cycle.
Hello...what are the functionalities provided by bluesense app? I read somewhere that remote engine start and remote cooling are not present. Is it true?
Old 17th May 2023, 00:40   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyG View Post

-I have done charging mainly in DC fast chargers and vehicle is getting charged from 20-100% within 35-40 mins.
- Manual and the Bluesense 400 app states to charge to 100% once in every third charging cycle and also states to allow for overnight charging for better battery cycle.
So does this mean dont drop below 20% SOC and charge only upto 80% mostly and upto 100% for every third charge whether AC or DC?

Will comment on L mode after I test drive the vehicle. But single pedal driving is what I would love to do on an EV and L mode is exactly that.

Maybe MnM may add regen levels to L mode and then true SPD would be possible as per ones own liking.
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:03   #200
BHPian

I did a Test Drive of XUV4OO.

Liked
5 star safety. 6 airbags to keep you safe
Big ORVMS
SUV like view of the road ahead
Linear pickup from 0. No drama of wheel spin
Pax cabin is Plus sized. 3 people at the back is possible.
Superb brakes. Regen + 4 discs make it very snappy. Rear endings are very much possible.

Disliked
IRVM - I couldn't get it set to the perfect angle. The D/N switch keeps flipping while adjusting the angle.
Cruise Control - Missing. Bummer how this was missed
MID - Looks from a 10 year old car
Auto Climate control - Missing. Hello its 2023!
Manual Handbrake - All EVs ought to have electronic parking brake. Makes life so easy.

I couldn't test the throw of the headlights and any cornering lights etc.

There are no adjustable regen modes but using L on the gear lever is very handy in slow moving traffic. You can do 1 pedal driving. Strong regen even fast moving traffic can make the passengers dizzy if the driver is too aggressive.

I have decided to drop 4OO from my list as it lacks some features that came in a car that was half the price 8 years back.

I would be happy to pay 1 lacs more for Cruise Control, Auto Climate Control, Ventilated seats, Electronic parking brake and Autohold. I hope Mahindra gets an update soon and more features are added before festive season of 2023.
freedom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 10:18   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoxic View Post
Regarding the M&M recommendation for charging - should be charged all the way to 100% each and everytime. This is mentioned in the manual and was mentioned multiple times in the post delivery 'demo'. Infact the app calls it"charging deviations" if you stop below 100%. That pretty harsh wording for such a thing - my takeaway is they really want you to charge all the way, so that's what I've been following. Also, I have no way to cap at 80%, without doing a daily trip to the basement late at night to check and stop - so I'll pass.

Surrounded by people in our country with a low social etiquette I just wonder the nightmare at ev charging stations when the charging slows down as it nears 100% and people do not plug out at 80% despite a queue at the back.
pandabear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:11   #202
BHPian

Has anyone been able to use BlueSense Plus connected car features?

I am unable to 'control' anything from the app such as remote lock / AC etc. However the car is sending information to the app - live location, SOC etc, although 75% of the time. The rest of the time it shows as offline.

If someone else is having a different experience, please share.
Old 26th July 2023, 15:30   #203
BHPian

Heard a rumor that the 4OO is being updated with ESP, Hill hold assist, Cruise control, and other features in the EL variant. I really hope that the 'other' features are automatic climate control and a better ICE unit. If so, it's gonna be a well-rounded package!
GKR9900 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 20:39   #204
BHPian

Finally saw a XUV400 (black) in flesh coming in the opposite direction when I was driving back from office. Even by my low standards of aesthetics, the copper accents are a real eyesore. I hope/pray someone in the design team of M&M takes the initiative and get it removed. Nexon EVs styling is not great either but then that is inherited from its ICE version. It that sense, MGZSEV has done it right, except for the green number plates it is just another car.

I can see that OEMs might want to get attention to their new tech so I can understand the "going pink haired" to a tuxedo party but once there are enough EVs and the novelty is lost, we would be left wondering what the design team was smoking then
electric_eel is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 09:57   #205
BHPian

While there's a flat ₹1.25 lakh cash discount on the XUV 400, I was disappointed to find out that this offer only applies to the older batch without the new features. The resulting price gap between the old and new batches is roughly ₹1.45 lakh on-road.
Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2023, 18:21   #206
BHPian

So look what came in the inbox today!
Quote:
As a part of the product development process, we periodically refresh our products based on market feedback. We understand that some of the features offered in the new variant of XUV400 could be of interest to you. As a special one-time goodwill gesture, we would like to extend a complimentary retrofitment option for a feature pack comprising of Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Cruise Control and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
sidoxic is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 12:18   #207
BANNED

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...marazzo-429751

That discount makes it a good proposition. Looks like they want to get rid of the stocks before the imminent facelift.
Old 3rd November 2023, 17:50   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post

That discount makes it a good proposition. Looks like they want to get rid of the stocks before the imminent facelift.
I will say a desperate move by Mahindra to clear stocks. But good move for customers who are looking for a budget friendly EV and are not bothered about missing features vs Nexon EV. They have a juicy deal where the ex-showroom of top model (Dual Tone) is reduced to 15.89 lakhs.

To put it in perspective, Creative Plus (MR) is the only Nexon EV variant which will be cheaper than XUV 400 top model now.
ferrarirules is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 22:50   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post

Have OEMs built excess capacity for EVs or is this the case of EVs losing steam? Nexon EV is almost available off the shelf and now a significant discount on XUV4OO, whichever way one looks at it, initial buyers of XUV4OO are going to be an angry lot!
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 01:25   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Have OEMs built excess capacity for EVs or is this the case of EVs losing steam? Nexon EV is almost available off the shelf and now a significant discount on XUV4OO, whichever way one looks at it, initial buyers of XUV4OO are going to be an angry lot!
Why isn't there a third option about it getting cheaper to produce? Unlike ICE where economies of scale have ceased to exist, EVs are very early in their life cycle which means the prices will keep falling as scale increases.

A decade ago EVs were in the realm of only the rich due to the costs. Now we have cars like the Tiago EV coming in at around 10L.

In XUV 400's case, it looks like one of inventory liquidation to make way for new model but the price trend for EVs is quite clear.
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks