Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:57   #256
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

They just added the brochure on the official website: https://tigorev.tatamotors.com/wp-co...v-Brochure.pdf

and pricing from 12.49 to 13.75 lacs https://tigorev.tatamotors.com/price/

Edit:
-Looking through the brochure, they haven't mentioned a 7.2kw charging option
-They have provided a puncture repair kit in all models, need to check if it has increased the boot space (316 ltrs is mentioned in the brochure). Tiago at 240 ltrs.
-Wheelbase 2450 (same as before, 50mm more than tiago)
-Tyre size is the same as tiago, 175/65 R14
-Charging time a little more than tiago but only 2 mins difference in dc fast charging
----26kw battery vs 24kw
----9.4 hrs Tigor------ 15a--------8.7hrs Tiago
7.5 hrs 3.3kw 6.4hrs
59 mins dc fast 57 mins

Last edited by oli.ferns : 23rd November 2022 at 12:26. Reason: adding more info
oli.ferns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 13:48   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathrb View Post
Cancelled my Tiago Ev Booking and gonna take the delivery of a Nexon EV Prime.
Any reason for this decision?
Old 24th November 2022, 14:25   #258
Senior - BHPian

Over 20,000 Tata Tiago EVs booked in 1 month

Tata Motors launched the Tiago EV in India on September 30, 2022. Now, in just a month since bookings opened, the carmaker has received over 20,000 orders.

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-tiago-ev.jpg

The Tiago EV is the most affordable all-electric model in the brand’s line-up, starting at Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom). The first 10,000 cars were booked in just a single day and therefore, Tata decided to extend the introductory pricing for the next batch of 10,000 cars as well.

The Tiago EV uses Tata’s Ziptron high-voltage architecture featuring a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor. Tata claims the car can reach 0-60 km/h in 5.7 seconds.

The Tiago EV comes with two battery options - a 19.2 kWh battery pack offering a maximum range of 250 km and a 24 kWh battery offering 315 km (MIDC) on a single charge. Lower variants come with a 3.3 kW AC charger, while a 7.2 kW AC charger is available on the top-spec XZ+ Tech LUX trim.

The Tiago EV is also compatible with fast charging. The battery can be charged from 10-80% in 57 minutes using a DC fast charger.

Deliveries of the Tiago EV will commence in January 2023.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 24th November 2022 at 14:26.
TusharK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 15:50   #259
BHPian

Re: Over 20,000 Tata Tiago EVs booked in 1 month

Kudos to TATA for making EV mainstream with Nexon and now mass market with Tiago. This car is perfect for the urban middleclass Indians who do home-office trips everyday and do not want to burn a hole in their pockets.

Though outright reliability and TATA's service is debatable, this still is a great car and a pioneer in a way for bringing EVs to the masses at the cost of a Jazz or an i20. The "green" tag would also be a great conversation starter and may make the new owners stand out for a while too though how much less polluting these actually are in the big picture is a black box(effects of large scale battery production & disposal), it definitely is a step in the right direction for our polluted cities.

Last edited by TejasV : 24th November 2022 at 15:54.
TejasV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:07   #260
BHPian

Good job Tata Motors for bringing EV to the masses and ingraining it in their heads. Hope we see the charging infra grow at a similar pace, not that its bad now, it can be better. Especially with faster charging speeds, with most being 50KW or 25KW.

We need 100KW to be the minimum in a couple years.

On a selfish note, I am worried the govt's are gonna remove the road tax on EVs with more registrations of EVs, and I will be unable to get a higher end EV as the on road will take the price way out of budget. :(

Let's hope for no on road for few more years.
TheRandomGuy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:52   #261
BHPian

I am one of those twenty thousand who booked the Tiago EV. While I am excited about it, I am also worried about issues due to poor QC at Tata and at the dealer level. There seems to be many horror stories about Tata cars on T-BHP. Initially I thought such cases were mostly with Harrier, later I saw such posts about Nexon EV as well. I intend to use the car purely as a city car and keep it for as many years as possible. I hope Tata opens separate service centers for EVs and be more responsible with the QC, even if it means slow deliveries.
mohan41 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:59   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I am one of those twenty thousand who booked the Tiago EV.

There seems to be many horror stories about Tata cars on T-BHP.
Congrats Mohan on the purchase of Tiago EV. Surely it must be a fine package given that the engineering inside have been tried and tested in its notchback avatar the Tigor.

On the second point, Tata's seem to rely very heavily on their production prowess and brand and tend to ignore the customer interaction front via their dealers who still behave like the truck and commercial vehicle sellers, also the niggles don't seem to end as pointed out in certain products.

In this case if you haven't heard a lot of bad things about its elder sibling then most probably this will be a smooth sailing in terms of ownership!
girishglg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 18:01   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Initially I thought such cases were mostly with Harrier, later I saw such posts about Nexon EV as well. I intend to use the car purely as a city car and keep it for as many years as possible. I hope Tata opens separate service centers for EVs and be more responsible with the QC, even if it means slow deliveries.
Congrats on your booking. But couldn't agree more to your second point. Just got done with the 6 months service of my Nexon this week and the poor alignment of driver side A pilar trim and door handle was again marked as "not fixable". I pointed this at the first service as well and was told that's how it is. This time took them around to at least 5-6 different Nexon ICE and EV both and none of the cars had the A pilar trim sticking out. Was finally told yours is Max and we don't have that right now and all the clips are fine and this is not really a problem.

Having separate service centre for EVs should really help them in improving the customer experience now that they have multiple cars at different price points to justify the additional cost.
prateekchanana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 22:21   #264

Quote:
I am one of those twenty thousand who booked the Tiago EV. While I am excited about it, I am also worried about issues due to poor QC at Tata and at the dealer level. There seems to be many horror stories about Tata cars on T-BHP. Initially I thought such cases were mostly with Harrier, later I saw such posts about Nexon EV as well. I intend to use the car purely as a city car and keep it for as many years as possible. I hope Tata opens separate service centers for EVs and be more responsible with the QC, even if it means slow deliveries.
Hi Mohan - for every horror story you hear, there are ten success stories you don't hear. There will be niggles here and there, but then you will get them in most cars you buy. So don't fret so much on these worst case scenarios. Many congratulations to you for being in the first twenty thousand! Wishing you all the very best.

PS - I own a 2017 Nexon and I am speaking from experience of owning a Tata car.
insas1983 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:51   #265
BHPian

Quote:
I am one of those twenty thousand who booked the Tiago EV. While I am excited about it, I am also worried about issues due to poor QC at Tata and at the dealer level. There seems to be many horror stories about Tata cars on T-BHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insas1983 View Post
Hi Mohan - for every horror story you hear, there are ten success stories you don't hear. There will be niggles here and there, but then you will get them in most cars you buy. So don't fret so much on these worst case scenarios. Many congratulations to you for being in the first twenty thousand! Wishing you all the very best.
@insas1983: Absolutely! And that's the human nature, isn't it? Whenever we get a bad service, we tend to raise our voice wherever possible. But a good service, good product will be dealt with just a thank you or a smile.!
@mohan41: Be optimistic & enjoy the car. Congratulations for being a pioneer in Indian mass market EV scene.
speedguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 09:14   #266

I have faced similar issues .
My booking was on 11th October through the online portal , got an email from tata motors confirming the same , the dealership selected was key motors nelamangala(from a drop down menu) .
After a week or so, when I just casually try to check with the dealer since there was no further communication, I am shocked to know that no such booking exists , and i call tata motors customer care .
The BIGGEST shock comes now, the customer care denies existence of such a dealership !
I frantically call the dealer who says that customer care people are unaware of the dealership .
The sales executive at the dealership however confirms that my money has been recieved and offers fresh booking (easily 10 or 15 days later) i deny another booking and ask them to confirm my priority .
Still tata customer care doesn't respond to my emails and their callcentre footballs me between sales and complaints departments with nobody ready to listen to my complaint.
Now is when I threaten legal action so they patch me to the manager of the dealership . He asks time and it's been 2 weeks plus with no response from him . Meanwhile I get a bill dated mid November (booking on Oct 11) for my booking amount .
The executive and manager go incommunicado thereafter .

I am contemplating a legal notice
Old 25th November 2022, 09:32   #267
BHPian

To everyone bashing Tata over booking issues on their online portal. Please understand that they are an automobile company. They are not software engineers. They do not have access to lakhs of low-paid freshly-baked software developers and QA engineers to make a simple payment and booking portal.

You are all talking as though they own Tata Consultancy Services. Give them a break. Huh... People and their expectations I say!!!
Naetik30 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 12:33   #268
BHPian

Cruise Control is not a luxury feature for EVs, it is mandatory to extract maximum driving range from the electric car.

Tata Motors learnt this the hard way with people using after-market cruise control on Nexon and Tigor EVs. Yet, they have chosen to keep it as a premium feature on the Tiago!

The incremental per-car cost for adding cruise control to an EV is close to zero. Tata Motors already has the software for it, to run on the same ECU/controller. All the car needs is a few switches on the steering wheel.

I can understand XE being kept as a bare bones variant, but Tata Motors should include cruise control from XT model on all EVs. For God's sake, they are including the connected car features which are of lower practical value than getting the optimal range via cruise control, especially on EVs with battery packs much smaller than 50KWH.
guptad42 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 21:36   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
Cruise Control is not a luxury feature for EVs, it is mandatory to extract maximum driving range from the electric car..
I agree wholeheartedly. And I think Tata does too. That's why you see it on xt+ and not only on the top variant. This was one of the mandatory features for me. And mostly all cars in this segment only provide it on the top variant. You cannot expect them to provide it on the base variant, when it is still a premium feature in most of its competitors and wasn't available in tigor or nexon EVs at launch too. None of us expected the pricing for tiago ev to start from what they launched it at, most were predicting starting price of 10± lacs.The base variant pricing is extremely competitive and it means making some though choices for manufacturers.
Old 30th November 2022, 07:14   #270
bkc
BHPian

Today is the the last day, to communicate any change in colour for your tiago.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks