Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2022, 07:53   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Over 20,000 Tata Tiago EVs booked in 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post

Having separate service centre for EVs should really help them in improving the customer experience now that they have multiple cars at different price points to justify the additional cost.
The service issues with TML are cultural and QC related, and may not be resolved through additional infrastructure alone. There are enough examples of Harriers and similar vehicles where the owners have expressed regret for their purchase. If the company doesnít care about the opinion and frustration of a car owner who paid 25+ lakhs for a product, I highly doubt if it is in their DNA to bother about the cheaper cars after a few years, especially when they have to deal with factory QC issues that canít be resolved easily.
Nissan1180 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 15:11   #272
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Getting any l Service from Tata is always a challenge.. For any issue raised to them, they asked the car to be left at the service station for at least 2-3 days! The issue seems to be large numbe of vehicles sold as compared to the number of
service stations.
Old 3rd December 2022, 18:22   #273
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
I had posted about this, this is the Orange Service Ltd. dealer in Hyderabad. The dealer said (and I am paraphrasing) "Complaint to Tata all you want, we know they don't respond. If you do a legal complaint, we won't return your car." They also have denied to provide Incident report and CCTV footage.

This is the level of confidence the dealer has that Tata won't act at all. It won't be baseless because he has years of experience doing this and I think would definitely have done this with someone else. It is pretty surprising and an eye opener. I knew Tata Motors supports was bad but never realized it is so bad that dealer's can literally say that on customer's face.
No doubt the product (Tiago) is great with EV and almost best level of safety, nice looks and all but these kind of incidents make me think again whether to go ahead with the Tiago EV or cancel booking.

Last edited by mohan41 : 3rd December 2022 at 18:25.

Most Viewed