Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2022, 14:49   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

The booking experience was quite buggy - looks like Tata were not prepared for the numbers. I tried booking the car through Chrome, Fire Fox on the laptop and chrome/ safari on the phone - finally go through on my phone at around 12.45pm. Hopefully it catches the introductory pricing. Also hoping that the ownership experience is a lot smoother than the booking. Incessant phone calls from the dealership though, after the booking. Not sure if others also experienced this.
govindasrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:13   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindasrani View Post
Incessant phone calls from the dealership though, after the booking. Not sure if others also experienced this.
Been totally silent for me, i booked online with kropex (12:38pm) and nothing other than the payment email.
sudiptaadhya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 15:40   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptaadhya View Post
Been totally silent for me, i booked online with kropex (12:38pm) and nothing other than the payment email.
Same for me, only the payment gateway email from Razorpay. I have now sent an email to their customer support about it. Let's see what comes of it.

Here's the list of bugs i faced. These are all sequential in nature once one would get solved the other would arise. It's almost as if they didn't test it thoroughly before going live.
  1. Timeout
  2. Stuck at loading
  3. No facility to get OTP (i realized there is an OTP system only later)
  4. State and city dropdowns not working
  5. Dealer selection dropdown not working
  6. MOST IMPORTANT: No post-payment landing page or confirmation email. This may have gotten solved now, but i'm not making one more payment to check that out
jalsa777 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 16:05   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tiago EV online booking hits a snag on Day 1. This is their fourth in the EV portfolio the three some being Nexon EV, Tigor EV and Nexon EV Max. For booking the Tiago EV both online and offline (at the dealerships) options opened for the wannabe owners today. However there were reports of the official site crashing and this resulted in dampening the spirits of many buyers. The introductory price offered is Rs 8.49 L for the first 10,000 cars booked. An amount of Rs 21,000 is to be deposited for booking.

When contacted by HT Auto, no explanation could as yet be obtained from TML for the website crash.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...385120474.html

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th October 2022 at 16:07.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 16:40   #110
BHPian

Its poor brand/marketing efforts on Tata's part to be not ready for the increase site traffic. The tech/website glitches aside, I think it is a great start/way forward EVs going mainstream and becoming affordable.

I'm just worried the online glitches would give the offline buyers an advantage as the showrooms may push for their bookings cleared faster - hence benefitting from the introductory pricing. That's if all the 10k booking happen real soon. The site is working fine now. Abandoned a booking and got a reminder mail too.
TejasV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 16:44   #111
BHPian

I have done the booking with the dealer directly. Paid the 21,000 a couple of days back and received the payment receipt today. The executive who took the booking said that they have a backend channel to register the bookings and don't have to go through the online channel which was giving problems since the bookings opened.
patron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 17:53   #112
BHPian

Official Statement from Shailesh Chandra, MD, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles and Tata Passenger Electric Mobility.

“We are overwhelmed with the response to the Tiago.ev at our dealerships and on our website. With thousands of customers rushing to book online at the same time, the website slowed down for a bit and is restored. We regret the inconvenience to our customers. All customer enquiries and bookings related concerns are being suitably addressed. India can now go.ev with Tiago.ev."

Meanwhile I just received the booking confirmation via email from Tata motors in my previous booking receipt it’s correctly mentioned as Daytona Grey but have no idea why they have mentioned my booked Color as TEABLU GLSBK in the email ,same is the case with my colleague as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-be3215a85a72447fb9202eb0d4e39e13.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-eb8ff815a9994c1296b38257aef34927.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 18:58   #113
BHPian

As other members have already highlighted, my booking experience wasn't smooth either.

After selecting the model, color & charger, on the address page neither the state list was there nor the city list. Then issues with OTP cropped up. After multiple attempts, payment was successful. The joy was very short-lived as the receipt I got in my email was for a different color and 7 KW charger.

I have emailed customer-care. Let's see what happens. But on a whole the experience could have been much better that too with one of the best IT company under the same umbrella.
G V Krishna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 19:57   #114
BHPian

Booked the Tata Tiago EV via Dealer today

Model: XZ+ LR (24kWh) model is priced at 10.79 Lacs.
Booking Date: 10/10/22
Booking Location: Venkataramana Motors, Gachibowli

Thoughts on variant selection:

1. LR for Long Range
- 24kWh model will give ~200-250km real world range (vs 315 suggested).
- Considering 10-80% usage, usable range would be ~160-200km
- Considering battery degradation over time, usable range will further reduce (by around ~20%)
- LR version also has better performance with 74hp (vs 60hp)
- Costs 90k extra, but worth it usually

2. XZ+ for Comfort and Safety
- Safety features like Projector Headlights, Fog lamps, DRLs, Reverse parking, Rear wipers and rear demister
- Comfort features like Auto Headlamp, Auto Wipers, 2 extra tweeters
- Cosmetic features like body coloured handles, double accent fog light design etc
- Costs 80k extra, but seems worth it for the numerous features

Reasons for not getting Lux model or 7.2 kW AC option:
- lux features seemed trivial, and can be skipped in this category of car
- 7.2 kW not needed as DC fast charge is supported on all models, for emergency use

All in all, seems like a good city runabout car, especially at that price
evolvo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:24   #115
BHPian

Gave up after one try. It's ironic though with TCS being a sister company they can't design a site that doesn't crash! What gives?
rascalangel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 20:57   #116
BHPian

A wild speculation for so many issues with booking could be, to make the site purposefully crash (by not increasing its available bandwidth) to give the semblance that huge number of bookings are happening.

While this could have been the case, the fact that a sales representative not even from my area messaged me to fill up data and get a booking, gives the idea that bookings have not been as per their expectations. Some of the possible reasons could be:
1. Long wait time (Deliveries are next year)
2. Assumption that Mahindra will launch a product which will likely undercut this value.
3. The price rise would not be that high to be prohibitive (my personal reason for not booking)
Old 10th October 2022, 21:04   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post

I am planning to book the XT MR model.
I booked the XZ+ LR model in Teal Blue Colour directly at the dealership. No confirmation yet on the booking from Tata Motors and the Sales Person has told that it will take atleast 48 hours. Hoping that I would get it at the Introductory price of 10.79L.

Also, after going through the features missed out on XT variant when compared with XZ+ variant, the additional cost of 80k is totally justified for Projector & Fog lamps, Rear Wiper & Defogger, Cruise Control, Rain Sensing Wipers, Auto Headlamps, Driver seat height adjustment and Reverse Camera. Even though I want to keep the overall costs low, some of the above features made me to go with the XZ+ model.

Added to that, I also thought of getting the fast charger 7.2Kwh model as I am under the impression that the Car needs some setup from the factory (in layman terms) to support the fast charging and I may not be able to use the 7.2Kwh AC Fast Charger if I decide to use one in the future. However the Sales Person has confirmed that the 7.2Kwh AC Fast Charger can be used on variants XZ+, XZ+ Tech Lux and that charging junction can be bought seperately if required in the future. Any confirmation on this is welcome.

The experience at Tata Motors Sales, Kropex - Sarjapur Road, Bangalore is not at par and can be a lot better. This is the first time I am at a Tata Motors showroom to book a vehicle. The entire EV bookings/enquiries are handled by one single person. I did call up in advance to make sure that there is a Tiago (non ev) car available for test drive and when we went there, the vehicle was not available. Nevertheless I kept my expectations low and that definitely helped me. I am more focussed on getting the car, rather than worrying about the experience at the Showroom.

And finally, to give recognition where it's due, I am excited to get back on to the EV bandwagon again after a gap of 6.5 years. A big thanks and shoutout to Tata Motors for making a mass production EV car at an affordable price that got many of the fence sitters like me to go and take that plunge. After having not so pleasant memories with my E2O, I want to wait for that one EV that is reliable, safer and affordable. What they did with their entire product line-up is really commendable. Provide safe cars with EV technology, that was always an risky investment to begin with and at an affordable price. They really are the torch bearers for the EV transformation in our country. I really thought Mahindra Electric would show the way for others to follow, but they have failed in taking advantage of the early movers and even failing the early EV adopters like me with inferior products like E20 and E20 plus.

Now the long wait begins...
samabhi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 21:16   #118
bkc
BHPian

After much attempts, Finally, managed to book the car.

But, the mail says, it doesn't guarantee that we fall under the 10000 customers. Attached screenshot for the same.

If online booking is done and successful, coding isn't so tough to generate a mail and send instantly, that we fall under 10000. Such a sad state.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-screenshot_20221010_211021.jpg  

bkc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 21:19   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosjam View Post
A wild speculation for so many issues with booking could be, to make the site purposefully crash (by not increasing its available bandwidth) to give the semblance that huge number of bookings are happening.

While this could have been the case, the fact that a sales representative not even from my area messaged me to fill up data and get a booking, gives the idea that bookings have not been as per their expectations. Some of the possible reasons could be:
1. Long wait time (Deliveries are next year)
2. Assumption that Mahindra will launch a product which will likely undercut this value.
3. The price rise would not be that high to be prohibitive (my personal reason for not booking)
I'm skeptical that Tata would go to the extent of sabotaging their own website/sales - seems unlikely. This is the cheapest EV in India rn, with good looks, decent range and great features...the demand and crash could in fact be real

Whether to reserve or not:
The existing EVs (Nexon EV Max, MG ZS EV, etc) have long waiting periods (4-8 months) already. The upcoming EVs (BYD Atto 3, XC40 Recharge, Tiago EV and the upcoming Altroz EV) are also likely to have 4-8 months waiting periods, if not more.

Hence it is better to make a reservation and decide later. In all likelihood, these will be delivered between Jan-Mar, and so you get the new Model Year (hopefully at launch prices) and you can also claim depreciation by March end if you're a business
evolvo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 08:08   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvo View Post
Whether to reserve or not:
The existing EVs (Nexon EV Max, MG ZS EV, etc) have long waiting periods (4-8 months) already. The upcoming EVs (BYD Atto 3, XC40 Recharge, Tiago EV and the upcoming Altroz EV) are also likely to have 4-8 months waiting periods, if not more.

Hence it is better to make a reservation and decide later. In all likelihood, these will be delivered between Jan-Mar, and so you get the new Model Year (hopefully at launch prices) and you can also claim depreciation by March end if you're a business
At least in Bangalore Nexon EV Prime and Tigor EV are available with a nominal wait period of 4 to 6 weeks. Select models are even available immediately or in 2 weeks.

But agree that it is good to book Tiago EV and keep, pretty sure you can convert the booking to any of the higher priced TATA EVs if required.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed