Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 03:27   #31
BHPian

re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Naveen. You made it even more lucid.

Yeah, blessed to be living in a cheaper electricity charge area so the savings are doubled up.
You are welcome Avi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmayogi View Post
Amazing detail - thoroughly enjoyed the read.

On the Carplay/Android Auto argument, I think Tesla has planted their flag and will never include those features. I believe the philosophy is that those features are a crutch as all other carmakers have essentially useless infotainment systems with odd navigation & music integration.

I think the big miss for a lot of folks is Apple Music but rumour has it that it's coming in the holiday update around Christmas this year.

Personally didn't miss Android Auto when I've rented through Hertz. The maps are Google & Spotify worked seamlessly.
Its going to be interesting to see how Apple/Tesla dynamics play out considering Musk's latest twitter rants against Apple. Today on Nov 28, 2022 he is making all kind of noises on Twitter against Apple mostly to do with rumored removal of Twitter from App Store & 30% in app purchase cut which Apple takes which Musk doesn't appear to like and has declared war against (at least based on a Meme shared on his Twitter timeline).
lexusES350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 22:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report

I'm into the business of delegating work.

However, I'm aghast at the sharp increase in prices of handy-woman for installing the number plate.

March, 2021- $20 charged for installation

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-2.jpg

November, 2022- $30 charged for installation

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2330.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2022 at 22:03.
Old 1st December 2022, 01:10   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusES350 View Post
On another note, just a tip based on what I have noticed is, tyres will lose about 2PSI every month and more if its cold outside. I have made a habit of checking and topping off tyre pressure each time I go to Costco. If not topped off, low tyre pressure warning will come up on my MYP and its annoying.
You were spot on. I checked the tyre pressure earlier this week. It was exactly 39.5 PSI in all tyres vs. recommended 42 PSI by Tesla.

Essentially, it lost 2-2.5 PSI in the month that I own this car, assuming when I took delivery it was 42 PSI.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2323.jpg

Know what? I was rummaging through the glove box and found this car sticker price sheet in it as well as the manual. I never looked in to check the contents of the glove box till date.

Feels reassuring to see the 5* rating for crash test. Then I googled and I understand Tesla's are the safest cars on the road from a crash test perspective.

They have a total of 8 airbags. Woah! That feels a lot.

Name:  GUID08C5C23CCF8D40368360C2A29A630E62onlineenUS.jpeg
Views: 1414
Size:  85.9 KB

A few pictures of the window sticker price and related information.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2495.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2496.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2497.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 12:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

They have a total of 8 airbags. Woah! That feels a lot.

That's a Model S with Yoke. Cost cutting Tesla?
Old 7th December 2022, 01:03   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

1000 Miles Report

Despite working permanently from home, Last weekend Rosso Diablo completes its first mile-stone which is 1000 miles in about 45 days out which I was traveling for 2 weeks.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2883.jpg

I just need an excuse to take this beauty out for a spin.

Quick Update on overall feeling post driving the M3P for 1000 miles

1. Whenever I want to go out, I just seem to chose the Tesla over the BMW as it’s such an easy car to drive. Just sit inside and start driving without thinking too much about anything else.

2. Sheer performance of the Tesla is another reason to keep choosing it over the BMW. It just flies on the freeway-Overtaking, First of the lights is stuff from childhood fantasies as it fast acceleration leaves everyone so far behind, they are not even visible in RVM.

3. Lastly, apart from the sheer fun it offers, cost savings is one of biggest driver to choose it over the BMW. I must have spent roughly about $25 for driving 1000 miles which is massive gas savings when compared to the BMW. The same amount of miles would have costed me ~ $250 ( Simple Math of ~ $75 for a full tank of premium fuel that lasts for 325 Miles in the BMW)

Unfortunately, Tesla App shows energy consumption and related costs only for last 31 days. There are other 3rd party paid apps which provide the full details for life of the car.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2980.jpg

4. Autopilot- I am slowly developing confidence in Autopilot. It’s so amazing to know that the car can drive (including steer itself) in all conditions.

I have now tried the autopilot in all conditions- Back Road Driving, High Speed Freeway Driving.

Started using it first during daylight and light traffic conditions, then moved on to using. it at night as well. Even when driving at night at freeway speeds (80mph or 90mph on 75mph zones 
where most traffic is at these speeds). It works flawlessly.

Thankfully, have not experienced the dreaded “Phantom Braking” which is the Tesla will brake suddenly thinking there is an obstacle in front even if there is none.

Initially, I was scared to use Autopilot and would be ready to grab the controls but, now I understand its behavior better and feel more confident. It’s a pleasure 
 to use Autopilot and a great stress reliever in long distance freeway type of driving conditions.

I have just one minor Nitpick at this point :

1. I may have charged the car about 6-7 times till date and more than once the cable does not get unlocked despite pressing the “Disconnect” button on the charger.

The process is to press till the light turns “Green” then “Blue” and finally”White” the cable gets dislodged only when light on Tesla icon becomes white. For some reason, this does not happen smoothly each time.

Thankfully, I bumped into a YT video before I got delivery which shows a trick if the 
cable does not get dislodged. Here is how you can manually disconnect it from 
the charging port.

Open Boot
1. In left side there is a small black thread that hangs, pull it gently and the cable 
 gets disconnected from charge port immediately.

Would love Tesla owners to comment if you too face it sometimes or it’s just a 
 software glitch for now?

New Features that I learnt since I posted the ownership review which is pretty cool to know and some are really useful :

1. Open navigation app (Apple Maps/Google) and send the address to Tesla in advance before I start the drive. When I sit in he car, navigation starts automatically and I’m ready to roll.

2. Press the button on Charging Cable “10 times” and the entire charge port lights up in rainbow colors.

3. If Tesla is closer than it’s supposed to be a car in front which is grey in color like all other cars displayed on screen, it will turn RED and starts blinking. This is an indication that I am too close and should brake.

4. A cool feature of BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring), if I am planning to change lane, I can glance at the IPAD and it will turn cars into RED in either lanes indicating it’s not safe to change lanes.

5. Updated via. A recent software update- If car is charged to higher percentage (90% and above), a message pops up on screen that indicates limited REGEN availability and asks if I want TESLA to automatically brake using manual brakes. Toggle to keep it ON/OFF.

6. There is an option to switch on “Cellphone Notification” if you forget to close your door/window properly.

Tesla will not only automatically roll down the windows and shut car door but, it will also send a notification to your cellphone via. Tesla App that it has done so.

7. Auto Headlights Feature not only keep Day Time Running (DRL) on but, it will keep the taillights ON as well.

8. Remotely check the surroundings of your Tesla via. Sentry Model Live Camera to assess the safety of environment before returning to the car. Especially needed if you have parked your car say in : Detroit/LA/Brooklyn Downtown…LOL!

9. After a recent software update, the driver door can be unlatched remotely via. Tesla App (very useful for folks living tin cold climate and door handle is frozen with ice).

To celebrate the 1000 miles, we decided to head to Tehaleh, WA which is about 60 miles from home or 1-hour drive to view the snow-capped Mt.Rainier from up-close.

Since it snowed a lot in Greater Seattle since last one week, the road was closed but, we parked the car and walked a mile to view the might Mt.Rainier up-close.

This location also attracts a lot of amateur/professional photographers who come to take the unique picture of a steep road that feels as if going straight into Mt.Rainier. It's one of the most photographed locations in WA. (Search for Tehaleh, Mt Rainier on Instagram and you will see some breathtaking pictures of this location)

Sharing a few pictures of a spectacular day spent in the arms of Mt. Rainier.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2781.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2800.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2806.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-4.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2786.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2825.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-ea8485edfe404c62b7714c2ef9da3555.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2789.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2797.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-6693167389df44508d124c54b1e6336a.jpg

This is the spot where photographers camp out and take some amazing pictures at different times of the day. Such a gorgeous place to spend a few hours.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2862.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-e272ef8d55e7474f8abdf6655fe9e31f.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2866.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2856.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2868.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_2874.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th December 2022 at 01:05.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 02:16   #36
BHPian

Quote:
1000 Miles Report
Unfortunately, Tesla App shows energy consumption and related costs only for last 31 days. There are other 3rd party paid apps which provide the full details for life of the car.
This is very unfortunate but apparently there is this app called Tessie which shows more granular details as it uses Tesla APIs to pull data from the car etc. This is not a free app though as last I checked it was $49/Year to use it. I do not have personal experience with it so can't vouch the usefulness of it.

Quote:
Thankfully, have not experienced the dreaded “Phantom Braking” which is the Tesla will brake suddenly thinking there is an obstacle in front even if there is none.
Similar experience here with regards to phantom braking, I have not experienced it myself and whenever I have engaged Autopilot, it has worked alright. However, Autosteer is one feature I do not have confidence in as many times it gets very close to the median barriers where there is no shoulder available or cars in a lane over especially on curves. It is too late to react to the curves and it makes me uncomfortable.

Another annoying thing about it is, each time it has to be reengaged when lane change is completed as turning on blinker will disengage autosteer function on the basic Autopilot equipped cars. Apparently, enhanced Autopilot or FSD is needed for it to work like any other modern car manufacturer who offers this feature in their cars.

So long story short, I have not been using it and rather prefer to just turn on dynamic cruise and then drive myself.

Quote:
The process is to press till the light turns “Green” then “Blue” and finally”White” the cable gets dislodged only when light on Tesla icon becomes white. For some reason, this does not happen smoothly each time.
A single press of the button does not work and even I faced similar issue like you first few times as I was just doing a single press and hoping the indicator will show the cable is unlocked by turning White which it failed to do on multiple occasions.

Process I use is, press the button on the charger wand & keep it pressed till the T logo near charge port turns Green > Blue > White and pull out the cable only when logo is white. This has not failed.

Ever since I started using this process, my car's charge port locks and unlocks the cable flawlessly without ever having to fiddle with any of these other mechanisms like the string in the boot. Another way you can do this without having to use this is to unlock it using the App which should also allow you to pull the charger cable out without having to fiddle with this string mechanism. I can't imagine using emergency release multiple times is safe way of dealing with this issue.

If you are using similar process perhaps, there is something wrong with the charger handle and its not able to communicate with your car properly. If this continues, I suggest you raise a ticket with Tesla service to have it looked into.

Quote:
1. Open navigation app (Apple Maps/Google) and send the address to Tesla in advance before I start the drive. When I sit in he car, navigation starts automatically and I’m ready to roll.
There is an app called ABRP (A Better Route Planner) which allows you to plan entire trip ahead of time including the charging locations & durations & cost which unfortunately Tesla doesn't allow to do in the app. Basically, you can do all kind of permutation/combinations in this app like starting SOC to ending SOC to duration of each stop etc. which should make road trips a breeze.

In my experience, Tesla navigation sometimes overestimates the car's efficiency and I have had nerve wrecking experience once while returning from LA to bay area where it projected that I could make it home from Kettleman City supercharger without having to stop with 15% buffer. Driving in the headwind & keeping up with 80mph traffic on I-5, I finally reached home with 3% left. ABRP was consistently telling me that I wont make it and I should stop at Firebaugh supercharger too for a quick 10 min charge to make it home comfortably.

Once you plan everything in ABRP, you can send the route to the car as well so that it just knows & navigates you.

Quote:
This location also attracts a lot of amateur/professional photographers who come to take the unique picture of a steep road that feels as if going straight into Mt.Rainier. It's one of the most photographed locations in WA. (Search for Tehaleh, Mt Rainier on Instagram and you will see some breathtaking pictures of this location)

Sharing a few pictures of a spectacular day spent in the arms of Mt. Rainier.
Amazing pictures and a very beautiful location.

One tip I would like to make is; be bit careful while driving in sub freezing temperatures even when roads are clear if your car is equipped with summer tyres. The Pirelli PZero I got on my car and I guess is on your car is not meant for drives below 2-3C or 35-38F. I have heard that the rubber becomes very hard almost like plastic which reduces the road grip. People have shared horror stories of them getting into ditches while driving on summer tyres in cold places even when roads were clear.

Also, have heard that if driving in snow/ice, tesla's regen causes the car to lose grip especially downhill since it acts like sudden braking when you dont want to do that in icy conditions. Apparently three is no way to turn this off and just other day there were couple of reddit posts being shared on Model Y subreddit where a couple went into a ditch as the car simply lost control and nothing could be done about it.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th December 2022 at 07:07. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
lexusES350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 08:04   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=lexusES350;5452100] This is very unfortunate but apparently there is this app called Tessie which shows more granular details as it uses Tesla APIs to pull data from the car etc. This is not a free app though as last I checked it was $49/Year to use it. I do not have personal experience with it so can't vouch the usefulness of it.[quote]

Thanks but, no thanks. I'm broke and have just enough money to eat.

Jokes aside, there are so many subscriptions that we go through in US, it’a quite alarming. I always think of sitting down one day and create an excel sheet to track the monthly outflow of all these subscriptions.

I won’t be surprised, if it’ll be worth an EMI to buy another Tesla.

Quote:
Similar experience here with regards to phantom braking, I have not experienced it myself and whenever I have engaged Autopilot, it has worked alright. However, Auto-steer is one feature I do not have confidence in as many times it gets very close to the median barriers where there is no shoulder available or cars in a lane over especially on curves. It is too late to react to the curves and it makes me uncomfortable.
Autosteer needs a little bit of hand pressure from your end to make it work seamlessly. If you decide to drive “hands-off”, post the new software update, the car keeps warning you to keep hand on the wheel.

What I do is I gentle touch the steering every 2-odd minutes to let the car know that I am paying attention and then the auto steer works just fine.

Quote:
Another annoying thing about it is, each time it has to be reengaged when lane change is completed as turning on blinker will disengage autosteer function on the basic Autopilot equipped cars. Apparently, enhanced Autopilot or FSD is needed for it to work like any other modern car manufacturer who offers this feature in their cars.
Indeed a small deterrent but, switching the autopilot on and off is such a breeze.

Takes a full 2-seconds so I don’t think too much about it. Haha!

Quote:
So long story short, I have not been using it and rather prefer to just turn on dynamic cruise and then drive myself.
You don’t use the full autopilot always? I try to use it for at least 25% of my distance so I can keep learning on how the car behaves.

Quote:
Process I use is, press the button on the charger wand & keep it pressed till the T logo near charge port turns Green > Blue > White and pull out the cable only when logo is white. This has not failed.
Thanks for this tip. Will try this long press next time. Hope that resolves the issue.

Quote:
There is an app called ABRP (A Better Route Planner) which allows you to plan entire trip ahead of time including the charging locations & durations & cost which unfortunately Tesla doesn't allow to do in the app. Basically, you can do all kind of permutation/combinations in this app like starting SOC to ending SOC to duration of each stop etc. which should make road trips a breeze.
Sounds like a great app. I will download it and use it for a long drive.

What I meant was for running around town which is typically not more than 150 miles at a time (maximum) like the trip to the location of pictures below.

However, generally my drives are around 100 miles round trip tops for office/pleasure or just fun drives.

Quote:
In my experience, Tesla navigation sometimes overestimates the car's efficiency and I have had nerve wrecking experience once while returning from LA to bay area where it projected that I could make it home from Kettleman City supercharger without having to stop with 15% buffer. Driving in the headwind & keeping up with 80mph traffic on I-5, I finally reached home with 3% left. ABRP was consistently telling me that I wont make it and I should stop at Firebaugh supercharger too for a quick 10 min charge to make it home comfortably.
That sounds like a harrowing experience.

I have always noted that if the battery percentage shows a certain number (e g : 55%) when I reach the destination, I automatically assume it will be 50%-52% as I love to push the car.

And, again the math for each 1% of battery is roughly 2.5 miles.

Quote:
Thanks. It was a drop dead gorgeous location. Now I have to go with my Bimmer for a proper photo-shoot.

Quote:
One tip I would like to make is; be bit careful while driving in sub freezing temperatures even when roads are clear if your car is equipped with summer tyres. The Pirelli PZero I got on my car and I guess is on your car is not meant for drives below 2-3C or 35-38F. I have heard that the rubber becomes very hard almost like plastic which reduces the road grip.
Also, have heard that if driving in snow/ice, tesla's regen causes the car to lose grip especially downhill since it acts like sudden braking when you don’t want to do that in icy conditions.
Great tip. WA state is not prepared like Michigan where the roads are cleared frequently and there is no snow lying on ground.

As you know, fresh snow turns into ice which in turn becomes sleet. I have had some crazy experiences with Sleet and with summer tires I will never try any fool hardy stuff.

In those conditions, Either I drive like a 90 year old or don’t drive at all.
Old 9th December 2022, 17:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-tp.png
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 00:41   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing.
Hey Aditya,

Thanks for adding my Tesla review to the homepage reviews box. That's such an honor.

I plan to keep updating this thread as I drive and learn more about Tesla's.

Quick query- I was not able to find the homepage review box. Could you please share the path? Thanks again.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 02:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Aditya,

Thanks for adding my Tesla review to the homepage reviews box. That's such an honor.

I plan to keep updating this thread as I drive and learn more about Tesla's.

Quick query- I was not able to find the homepage review box. Could you please share the path? Thanks again.
If you go to TBHP home page (not forums home page) and scroll the page, you will find Review Sections somewhere in middle section of it. Your review is there!

Congratulations on earning this honor, its testament to the great content you have created and pain you took to write it all out.
lexusES350 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 06:40   #41
BHPian

Finally got out of quarterly order bookings to go through your thread in peace.

What a delicious looking vehicle. The first EV (apart from Reva-i) that I sat in, was a Tesla Model Y, in Oct 2019. That was when I started taking EVs seriously - what a rush! Will be nice to hear your long-term view on this versus the Bimmer (the pops and crackles on that is addictive too! ).

P.S. Now to plan my next Seattle trip.
Old 24th December 2022, 09:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Finally got out of quarterly order bookings to go through your thread in peace.

What a delicious looking vehicle. The first EV (apart from Reva-i) that I sat in, was a Tesla Model Y, in Oct 2019. That was when I started taking EVs seriously - what a rush! Will be nice to hear your long-term view on this versus the Bimmer (the pops and crackles on that is addictive too! ).

P.S. Now to plan my next Seattle trip.
Thanks a bunch Sourav. Btw, you are late on the OB, I completed mine in Q1 and just chilling last 2 quarters.

Glad you still remember the ride in the Bimmer and it's super delicious pops and crackles. Lol!

Tesla is a different kind of rush. Both are amazing in their own terms but, the Tesla honestly tips the scale (I would like to not offend my Blau Rakete and say ever so slightly, haha) compared to the Bimmer.

Sure. Next trip, we will go for a long ride in the Tesla and you then tell me your opinion.

Quote:

Naveen- Are you enjoying the Christmas update?

Since you live around the corner of their factory, any news of DOLBY ATMOS coming anytime soon to our cars?

2-Months- 1400 Miles Update

It’s been a while that I updated this thread. It’s exactly 2-months since I got this beast home.

I have driven it just 1400 miles as been busy at work and also using the bimmer mostly as it has been snowing continuously since Mid-November here in Greater Seattle.

It is unusual to see this much snow in this part of the world but, I reckon we hoarded the snow from every other place in US (Literally no snow until now in Mid-West and East Coast).

Reason for not using the Tesla is because I read some stories about the Pirelli P Zero tires they are shod with are not the best for snowy and icy driving conditions. I heard that even at low speeds of 50-60mph the car may spin out of control under icy conditions as these are “High Performance Summer Tires”. Is there any truth in this? Tesla owners to chip in, Please.

Everyday is a learning experience with the Tesla, it’s such a joy to use and feels like driving an airplane (jumping from a Bimmer to Tesla, this feeling gets super profound) as it silently knifes through the air.

I used to charge it until 90% but, now I do it only until 80%. A dedicated post on charging, energy levels used and driving styles sometime in New Year.

Well, for us Tesla owners the Christmas has come in early. Every software update brings in so much excitement that we all are always waiting with bated breath to see what is new.

It’s almost like a kid is waiting for his candy when his dad has come back home from work. LOL!

Tesla rolls out literally a software update every week. It’s relentless work in the back-end to keep improving the car. That is purely the reason that Tesla is at least 5X times ahead of other luxury car manufacturer like BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc as their volumes is in millions and the amount of data they get on a daily basis from owners like us gives them that head start to keep improving their cars.

Christmas Update was biggest ever and it really was a nice gift for us (Except for one feature which is still pending and I need that the most).

Let’s quickly go through the Key Features that were rolled out earlier this week :

1. Apple Music

Apple Music finally comes to Tesla’s. Being in the Apple eco-system, this is literally music to my ears as now I can enjoy their lossless music tracks in the best audio system in a car.

However, my biggest disappointment is that Tesla didn’t release the DOLBY ATMOS which I wanted the most as it would make the car audio no less than an IMAX theatre experience (especially mine as Performance cars get the Premium Audio System with 15 Speakers, 2 Amplifiers and 1 Sub-Woofer)- Maybe I will do a dedicated post on the audio system on of these days.

Yup, it’s really that awesome.

2. Zoom Meetings

Imagine doing zoom meetings in your car. The app lets you do zoom meeting via. Video if your car is in “Park” mode but, will allow you to continue your meeting while driving and switches off the video and only meeting audio is enabled. Cool and Thoughtful !!

3. Navigation of the Tesla has been further improved with respect to control buttons and widgets. Even the UI has been improved to a large extent. Looks great now.

4. Scheduled Light Shows

Tesla now allows to schedule light shows in advance. I mean, you can schedule it for a later time/date and also the length has increased from 2-minutes to 10-minutes.

Now it also allows you to schedule and map your light show with a bunch of other Teslas.

We all Tesla guys can meet in a ground and play the light show simultaneously.

5. Joe Mode/Dog Mode is further improved.

Now the owner can view a video of the inside of the car to see how the dog is faring. Previously, the dog mode would just keep the cabin at optimal temperatures but, now a video is available to remotely keep track of your dog while say you are shopping inside the store.

Awesome feature.

6. MyQ Integration for Garage Door Opening

With this app on your phone, when your Tesla is approaching your home the garage will automatically open (You can set the distance-70 feet, 100 feet etc).

7. Fan Controller Speed

Previously, fan controller speed was 1-10 settings. Now it’s a simple Low, Mid and High

Simplicity is the key here. What a relief !!

8. Auto Turn Signal Cut-Off

When you give indicator and change lanes, the car will cut off the indicators automatically when the lane change is completed. Nice one !

9. Finally, the Goliath in the room- STEAM INTEGRATION

STEAM is a video gaming distribution service (A.k.A Netflix for movies) and is coming to Tesla and is currently ini BETA.

It is launched in this update for the bigger and more powerhouses of the family- Model X and Model S as they have faster chipsets. It’s rumored that the 3 and Y will get is sooner than later.

Cheers to Tesla for making the Christmas even more lively and eventful.

Rosso Diablo outside home- There is 1-feet of snow on a daily basis. It's tough conditions out here.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-2.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 23:49   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy New Year Folks !!!

It's been a rough winter out here in PNW giving very little opportunity to drive. Also, I have been traveling out of state for almost 2-weeks for holidays so the Tesla has not being seeing too much of the road.

Now that I am back in Seattle and a beautiful and brand new year has started, I decided to gift the Rosso Diablo with a nice polish.

Yesterday evening, I spent an hour (Yup, just one hour) and RD has magically converted into a different looking car.

I have never been impressed with a polish brand so far in my life. I'm glad that I can keep my cars looking shiny and beautiful in such an economical cost ( ~ $15 for the bottle).

I was so impressed with results of this polish on my Blau Rakete. This was done more than a month ago and that shine still retains.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-5.jpg

BEFORE- RD is in bad state. Lost some of its sheen due to the relentless snow, slush and dirt that we saw last couple of months.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-4.jpg

Magic Potion.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-3.jpg

AFTER- Results after just 1-hour of work-out. Please click images to see in full resolution.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_5280.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_5284.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_5281.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_5289.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_5283.jpg

While the product says it's once a year and many consumers who use it are super happy and claim the results last pretty long, I still plan to repeat once every 3-4 months.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th January 2023 at 23:53.
Old 14th February 2023, 04:34   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been over a month that I updated this thread.

I have been travelling quite a bit and not getting much driving so the odometer after 3.5 months stands at 2,300 miles.

Life with M3P is going smooth and enjoying every minute behind the wheel of this "Supercomputer".

It's slick, smooth and super-fast. Thankfully, there are no rattles, noises and any type of vibrations.

Apart from its astonishing speed, I am very very impressed with its music system. I plan to share a dedicated post on it sometime soon.

Here are a few pictures from earlier this month against some gorgeous sunsets we get here in PNW.

Some sunset pictures during an evening walk couple of weeks ago .

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-5.jpg

From yesterday evening.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-3.jpg

Once the snowing stopped, I washed it nice and clean along with White Lightening.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_6529.jpg

Spent just $92 in electricity till date for driving 2300 miles. This is the best feeling of owning a Tesla.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_7723.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th February 2023 at 04:36.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:08   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw this post a couple of days ago and I was blown by this picture.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_7721.jpg

And, when I noted it's about 40 miles from home. I had to go there soon as that picture made me restless.

I needed to go to this place. But, I knew it's impossible to find the same spot and exact similar view.

Yesterday while WFH, around 2:00pm I saw that weather was turning out to be glorious. Bright sunshine outside but, it was around 2 or 3 degree Celsius. Just my type of weather.

I finished my meetings and quickly headed out around 3:15pm in afternoon.

Drove through the US 2 highway which is a fabulous winding highway that goes all the way to East Coast and cuts through several mountains in Washington.

Stopped enroute a small town where there is a scenic railway track that goes through the mountains and drove until Mt. Index and stopped for a quick picture with Rosso Diablo against the magnificent mountain.

On the way back, spotted a beautiful waterfall-cum-stream. Hiked down half a mile and enjoyed some serene moments near the water. Slipped and wet both shoes until the shin.

Drove back with dripping wet sneakers to reach home at 6:00pm.

Here are some pictures from a 85 miles (140 Kms) round-trip in 2:45 hours.

Hope you'll enjoy these pictures. No amount of pictures can do justice to the natural beauty that we are blessed with.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-7.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-18.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-11.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_7838.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-9.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_7797.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-25.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-24.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-23.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-21.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-15.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-14.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-20.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-13.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_7877.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-12.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-fullsizerender-10.jpg

Attachment 2419549

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 15,000 miles in 17 months | Ownership Report-img_7811.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th February 2023 at 10:10.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks