Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2022, 21:03   #16
BHPian

re: Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled

Are content interns that expensive?

This whole launch reminds me of that 1000Rs Indian made phone. It's just that the phone is 10L this time and is spelled as phoon
vellatechie is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:12   #17
BHPian

The design reminds me of how my 3 year old son draws cars .
All the best to Pravaig for the car (if there is actually going to be one).

Last edited by adi.mariner : 25th November 2022 at 21:14.
adi.mariner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:19   #18

Everything I read about this car, from the specs to the price, to the finish of the website, this is starting to smell like the Indian version of theranos. The car, if it existed as is promoted, would literally smash the competition out of the ball park. Remains to be seen if this is an actual game changer or another freedom 251, if you know what I mean.
Tubeless_tired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
The design reminds me of how my 3 year old son draws cars .
All the best to Pravaig for the car (if there is actually going to be one).
Im very very sure he can do a better job than what these guys have done. Looks like a paid promotion just to get some VC funding! For what I see all they have a bare shell with some seats and no real working prototype!
Did anyone notice the door inside door handles?

I guess they are waiting for the spark plugs and dual monitors to be delivered!
Captain Slow is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 21:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
There's an Autocar video on the Pravaig defy, and they have a real car in front of them. Although on first sight it looks like a big cardboard box.

A pre production car on display.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=X5MdH-vJ1_U
Now I know why they are showing only the sides & back of the vehicle.
The front looks so ugly.

Looks like they bought a Range Rover and modified the body using fibre glass material.
Old 25th November 2022, 23:32   #21
BHPian

Oh wow, I really gotta get in queue to place my preorder. Shifting the 1,000$ that I used on Tesla Model 3 preorder for India to Pravaig. It’s foolproof idea!

All jokes aside, this reminds me of a video by Marques that I saw a couple of months ago. It’s a 5 step guide to creating a new electric car company today. -

Step 1. Make a clever name for an electric vehicle, make a snazzy website to show off this cool idea.

Step 2. Become a company. Enthusiastic ceo, fun company culture or even poach some people from other successful car companies and start making this idea look very promising.

Step 3. Build ONE Prototype. This is the key, make one working version of this vehicle, even if not all the high tech features are working that’s fine, just got to demonstrate the ability to build an electric vehicle.

Step 4. You gotta take this vehicle and use it to generate as much money as possible, parade it around to generate attention, show it off, bring it to car shows, let the press try it and you gotta put a preorder button on your website, so people who like the idea can give you a little interest free loan but more importantly you can use this number of preorders to get big investors interested in getting onboard.

Step 5. Ship it. Use the money you raised to build a factory, build the technology, become a car company and ship it.

Spoiler alert - Usually all these companies get to step 4, but the gap between step 4 and step 5 is massive.

The video is great commentary on this specific topic, and highly recommend a watch.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 01:17   #22

I was excited about their Mk1 extinction prototype that they have showed last year even though i had my own doubts about their business model of not selling the car and just leasing the same along with the driver if my memory is correct.

I really really bope this is not another Nikola badger which existed just on somebody's computer. The autocar video is short and the car looks it has a loong way to go for full scale production.

Looks like a marketing process to attract vc capital by saying everything developed in house, vague details of specs (I don't know how are they going to deliver these in q3 next year if specs and exterior details are not even finalised?) no details about the factory and battery chemistry (as far as I know) or is production is being outsourced etc. Not even a working prototype. Really sad.

I had huge expectations for this company and thought that they were working out things silently. All the best to them if they really intend to make this car and if they do then take your own time to build and test these things properly. Also take time for correcting the websites and that copied warranty policy. Hope this is not another Nikola or theranos.🤞
Old 26th November 2022, 09:46   #23
BHPian

Re: Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post

The software & hardware belong to you. More than just a license holder. Higher reslae value.
Full upgradability, full repairability. No planned obsolescence. Therefore, very low cost repairs and a long lifetime.
Even if software belongs to users, they can't upgrade it themselves. It won't become obsolete as long as the company is alive and pushing the upgrades.
Old 26th November 2022, 09:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

They should have invested some money in getting a decent coach builder to make the body panels for the prototype.

Uneven lines, poor fit and finish puts off a lot of people.

You cant get away by giving an excuse, that this is a pre production vehicle.

A decent quality prototype should be a priority.

In the early 2000s, DC built prototypes for Aston Martin and Noble (if I remember correctly). So, the idea is not completely unheard of.
ashutoshb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 10:15   #25
BHPian

This is the first time in all these years - I am reading a thread on this forum that begins with a post resembling a Bland promotion/Copy Paste with not much idea what this car actually offers. All I see is a dim lit pic of a car and an amazing confidence in praising the car including its battery life that will go beyond 8 years.
Good luck to anyone who gets on board this experimental train.
And yes, the car in the video looks like a kid drew it.
AnnaRocks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 10:35   #26
BHPian

Looks like a 3rd year mechanical engineering student project at a college where you can pay to get an admission.

Do they honestly believe that someone will buy this for 40 odd lakhs?

The whole thing screams mediocrity.
veedub89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 10:43   #27
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
The all-new DEFY is automotive reimagined to be exceptionally performant, amazingly featured, and surprisingly rugged unveiled today - 25/Nov/2022
This looks like a presentation made by a 12th Grader for his Entreprenuership Development class.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th November 2022 at 11:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 11:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Sharing this close-up pic from Instagram, no comments !
Attached Thumbnails
Pravaig Defy Electric SUV unveiled-img_20221126_115132.jpg  

giri1.8 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 12:43   #29
BHPian

Guys, come on. Give them some credit. If that thing is up and running and performs even half as decent as it claims then the team deserves some credit. This is assuming they did all the job in house and didn't mix and match parts. Its a start up and they came this far. Try managing a project of this size and you will understand the truth in the statement "Devil is in the details". Design refinement and tech upgrades are costly and the company probably might raise some capital if they actually made some sales. The price is a reflection of the companies size and their overheads. They are not the biggies in EV segment who's infrastructure is already in place. That said, I am not half inclined to buy it. Even at half the cost.

I remember there was another model : Extinction or something. Looked vastly different. There was also another thread on that subject.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th November 2022 at 15:49. Reason: common > come on. Looks like ‘come on’ isn’t so common after all. :)
srini1785 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2022, 12:49   #30
BHPian

This reminded me of the hype and fanfare that surrounded the Triton, Model H.
They had a posse of "Concept" images from cars to trucks and were even in the news for setting up some Manufacturing unit in Andhra.
Heard they have also opened a big manufacturing unit in Gujarat.
Still no cars!

This one could be real, but I dont know whether they have the manufacturing set up to scale! One wonders, is this a new way of crowdsourcing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks