Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 12:55   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata taunts Mahindra as Nexon EV sales cross 35,000 units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Pride hath a fall. TML is succeeding today because there are no affordable EVs from other brands.
Such posts depict the arrogance of a company and hubris never ends well.
You have rightly pointed out the quality issues with Tata cars, but we are all tired of waiting for the alternatives.

It's now ~3 years of zero competition, the demand is well established, what is a reasonable time for others to respond? I really hope it provokes Mahindra and others to speed up their plans for affordable EVs. I wish the auto industry media also does some provoking to spur some action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Dear Tata, what if Mahindra starts talking about customer satisfaction and escalation process?
There is a difference between being classy and being childish.
Mahindra should, doesn't matter if its classy or childish, as along as it improves things for the customers.
wocanak is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 12:58   #17
BHPian

What if Mahindra says, The Big Daddy is enough for all your 'Safaris' and XUV 700 is the new 'ABOVE ALL' with it's 5 star safety and features.
abhi9044 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 13:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Mahindra should, doesn't matter if its classy or childish, as along as it improves things for the customers.
Actually both my statements are in separate context. The classy one is in response to the banter between German brands compared to what Tata is doing. I believe you got confused and mixed up the two .

A bit off the topic, but this stupid stunt from Tata reminds me of a famous line from stand-up comedian Anubhav Bassi's one of the shows, which would be an apt reply to Tata : "Abhi isne uth ke chaata maar diya fir kya karega?" .

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 5th December 2022 at 14:04.
Old 5th December 2022, 14:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Distasteful and a bit arrogant.

Yes, Tata Motors made the right decisions, at the right time. Hence, the boasting of 35,000 figure.

Mahindra, as of today, might be at 0. But, tables can turn, in the next 5-10 years.

This tweet reminded me of Obama's taunt to Trump at the White House dinner
ashutoshb is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 15:19   #20
BHPian

I just did not get this. How can one compare of sales figures with another brand's model which has NOT gone on sale yet? We consumers really need a competitor for the budget EVs by TML, and hopefully M&M starts the competition with XUV400.

For me the XUV400 specs look good on paper as compared to Nexon EV Max.
Old 5th December 2022, 16:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Only point I would like to add here is that who ever created that Tata ad seems to have forgotten about the Verito's. I am not even considering the E2O here. So technically, the numbers are incorrect.
condor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 19:11   #22
BHPian

How is this distasteful or arrogant? I really hope this causes many severe heartburns to people at Mahindra, force them to pull their pants up and get their shit together in the EV segment. More choices for people, good for the market dynamics, faster innovation.
bordeaux is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 09:34   #23
BHPian

Perhaps some people are taking things too seriously? And bandying about words like "classy", "cheap", "childish", etc is peurile. A little bit of fun never hurt anyone and Mahindra's XUV400 ad (teaser?) is in itself chintzy and loud.
Pennant1970 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 09:38   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors EV takes a dig at soon to be launched Mahindra XUV400.

Attachment 2386278

Link
This is an unnecessary dig at M&M, Its not like the numbers are going to remain 00 forever.
Keep in mind that M&M are gearing up with their BEVs in the near future.
Hope TML remember where they come from.

"We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility."
- Rabindranath Tagore
Old 6th December 2022, 10:42   #25
BHPian

IMO its a very good ad by Tata. It should push M&M more towards electrification and compete with Tata. I feel this kind of friendly banter should be there in the industry. In the end it'll lead to more choices for the consumer.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Tata, what if Mahindra starts talking about customer satisfaction and escalation process?
I think they better not.
Tata taunts Mahindra as Nexon EV sales cross 35,000 units-tm.jpg

Quote:
There is a difference between being classy and being childish.
So Mercs trolling BMW saying that the years before BMW came into existence were pretty boring is classy & TML trolling M&M before launching any EV product is childish.! OK.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th December 2022 at 06:18. Reason: Quote tag fixed
speedguy is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:07   #27
BHPian

This is a new low for taunting. Who are running their social accounts? A bunch of underage juveniles? There are other ways of inspiring the EV movement. This sure does not feel "inspiring" at all. This is a cheap shot. Tata started early and have the advantage of headstart. Just because you start earlier doesn't mean you can stay in the game. Just look at the companies who have exited India and Hyundai is still there.

Tata seems to be banking on their EV's and NCAP ratings, two of the things which M&M never advertises. They are subtle in approach and even when XUV300 bested Nexon in NCAP ratings, M&M didn't flaunt it out.

Perhaps it's a generational thing but to me, this screams immature, distasteful, cocky and arrogant. There are healthier ways of competing and this certainly isn't one of them. Just look at Samsung and Apple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Only point I would like to add here is that who ever created that Tata ad seems to have forgotten about the Verito's. I am not even considering the E2O here. So technically, the numbers are incorrect.
This is true. And to "assume" things, if this ad were made by made youngers or grad students who were oblivous to the existence of E2O and Verito, the AD itself becomes irrelevant.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th December 2022 at 11:48. Reason: Back to Back posts merged.
Bismaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:22   #28
BHPian

Tata should rather be modest because they couldn't keep the Hexa alive while Mahindra has launched capable Diesel SUVs which have a years wait list because of its features & market positioning.
WorkingGuru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Quote:

I think they better not.
Attachment 2387098

So Mercs trolling BMW saying that the years before BMW came into existence were pretty boring is classy & TML trolling M&M before launching any EV product is childish.! OK.
LOL, JD Power is as accurate as my answers in a Mathematics Exam. Everyone knows that real world scenario varies generally a lot more compared to JD Power's analysis. We all know the number of Safari and Harrier issues posted here, in fact there are more number of niggles thread rather than ownership reviews. Coming to JD Power again, they have placed Tata above Maruti Suzuki .

Also, BMW and Mercedes don't take jibes at each other comparing sales figures of cars which are not even launched, to a product which has been in the market for > 2 years.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 6th December 2022 at 11:38.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 11:51   #30
BHPian

To paraphrase Dame Agatha Christie, there's nothing new under the sun. It's all been done before.
Big international brands do it too.

Tata taunts Mahindra as Nexon EV sales cross 35,000 units-car-ad-1.png

Tata taunts Mahindra as Nexon EV sales cross 35,000 units-car-ad-2.png

Tata taunts Mahindra as Nexon EV sales cross 35,000 units-car-ad-3.png

Tata taunts Mahindra as Nexon EV sales cross 35,000 units-car-ad-4.png

I suggest everyone take it easy and enjoy the fun.
RedTerrano is offline   (68) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks