Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 23:08   #46
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

Its more of Dealer bullying the customer as Tata won't interfere.

This is definitely not the first time. I recollect there was an incident where the Tata dealer handed over a defective car to the customer, the customer fought with the dealer, made a few YouTube videos as well. But then the dealer's network started accusing the customer's business.
Even after all this, Tata Motors did not interfere.

I have liking towards the brand as its home grown and due to the good deeds of Tata family. However, the Tata family or their good deeds will not do any good when such incidents happen.
For one's own safety - Its better to stay away from Tata Motors.
Old 9th December 2022, 08:16   #47
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

My grandfather's Tata Manza Diesel had developed some major issues into the first 6 months of ownership, Leading to the engine running out of Oil and the turbo failing. I was a subscriber of ACI and had to put pressure on Tata via ACI to get an engine replacement. Had decided then and there that there'll be no more Tata for me or my family.
That said, I was starting to warm up to the new gen Tatas and their emphasis on safety, esp the Tiago and Altroz. We had almost made a booking for the Tiago to replace our beater Redi-Go, but all the after sales horrors kept us away, and we decided to keep the Redi-go - which is a horrible car but a good beater. This experience just reinforces my decision to stay away from such firms who don't give two hoots about their customer post sale. Hope the OP gets a solution that is acceptable to him.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 13:15   #48
BHPian

I think we're all missing the elephant in the room.

The car is an EV.

If the fall has even a minor damage to the battery bank in the floor, one is risking lives. We all know how EV fires go - they wont stop till everything is burnt to ash.

This could very well be a total loss short of someone from Tata doing a detailed assessment (xray, ctscan, mri....the works - not exactly these but you get the drift) and certifies the battery bank again, of course warranty continues.
aashishnb is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 14:05   #49

That is soo true, and surprised that how everyone actually missed that point.

If the repairs on the car, includes the battery pack and the motors, then its gonna go way past the ex showroom value of the vehicle when purchased.

Better to get this car declared as total loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishnb View Post
I think we're all missing the elephant in the room.

The car is an EV.
singh.b86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 16:46   #50
BHPian

Looks like now TAMO is so confident about their ever increasing sales numbers that they no more wish to bother about the quality of service after sales. Although the web is full of posts from unhappy TAMO customers , they don't seem to take that seriously. Also they very well know that it will not be an easy task for any customer to win a legal battle against them , not to mention the time / funds / hassles one has to bear.
amolathalye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 16:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Looks like now TAMO is so confident about their ever increasing sales numbers that they no more wish to bother about the quality of service after sales. Although the web is full of posts from unhappy TAMO customers , they don't seem to take that seriously. Also they very well know that it will not be an easy task for any customer to win a legal battle against them , not to mention the time / funds / hassles one has to bear.
It is hight time that the powers that be take consumer protection seriously. Even if we get a lemon, there is no easy forum to sort it out and deliver the goods. In this case the arrogance of the dealer is the issue. There is so much that could have been done to put the customer at ease but they chose to bulldoze his happiness. TAMO is complicit in this with their radio silence. I sincerely hope that TAMO takes up this issue and sorts it out. They have enough bookings in their pockets to ignore such cases I know but let them remember that an ocean is made up of drops and every drop counts in the long run. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 17:24   #52
BHPian

DrZhivago ,

I feel now the consumers need to unite and do something about such injustice. We should understand that tomorrow each one of us can be the victim of such arrogance or apathy. If posts on Team-Bhp are not enough to wake them up then members have to think of some radical solution.
I may be thinking a bit loud but say if all the team-bhp members using this same service centre come together in their Tata vehicles in support of the victim then that may attract media attention and put this case on a bigger level.
amolathalye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 17:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
DrZhivago ,

I feel now the consumers need to unite and do something about such injustice. We should understand that tomorrow each one of us can be the victim of such arrogance or apathy. If posts on Team-Bhp are not enough to wake them up then members have to think of some radical solution.
I may be thinking a bit loud but say if all the team-bhp members using this same service centre come together in their Tata vehicles in support of the victim then that may attract media attention and put this case on a bigger level.
I understand your sentiment and I feel along the same lines but most people including most of us here only wake up when something personally hurts us. Making noise on TeamBHP will help the consumer in question I believe because TeamBHP is taken seriously by these companies. Out there in the real world we should individually push our "Netas" to address these issues. We should write to them, we should submit memorandums and we should band together and talk about it whenever there is a chance. It will be a slow process but I feel if we take it up, slowly but steadily, there might be hope for a system of redressal which will make such errant companies comply and sort the issues faced by consumers who spend their money in the hope that they will be taken care of. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 21:47   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedirah View Post
I understand that the dealer is at fault. But claiming insurance is the right way to go about it. The car is insured for a reason. If we have an accident on the road, regardless of who's at fault, we claim insurance for repairs.
The car owner's insurance is not the one that should cover the damage in this case. In general, the servicing dealer and by extension TATA will have insurance to cover incidents like this when the car is being left for service. This is purely the servicing dealer's and TATA's responsibility. It is TATA's responsibility too because the dealer is an authorized service station.
THE-U- is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 05:49   #55

If have to plot the curve of inflating price and deflating customer satisfaction in Indian car market, then only Y- axis will suffice.

I still remember that when I gave my ford Figo (2010, Titanium) for a door repair after a small accident in 2011, the welder in body shop has somehow managed to burn the fabric lining on the inside. This was not a major burn, but burnt spots were visible. It was not noticed by me for a couple of days. Only after my wife pointed out this matter, I took the car to the workshop. Believe me this door lining was changed on goodwill from the workshop manager. Not a single penny was charged. The workshop in question was SWARN FORD, KANPUR. The manager was really a nice person and used to talk to all the customers personally after service.
But sadly after seeing these incidents, I feel that the relationship between dealers and customer has lost the personal touch and has been severely restricted to services.
marinerandy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 09:35   #56
BHPian

Seriously ? This is outright daylight robbery. If there is an issue, own it up, work with the customer rather than behaving like a local thug.

Tatas and M&M need to understand its just not about building a reliable car. Its about building a reliable brand that can connect with the customer.

Maruti is one brand in India which is decades ahead in this front. Is it the Japanese culture that was imbibed in them for 40 years ? Might be.

To instantiate, I had an insurance claim on my Brezza recently at Pratham. They fixed everything in insurance and when they delivered back I saw that the rear backing sensor was not working now. I let the advisor know and they said it was not related to the work done but will get back. They replaced the sensor out of their pocket without any argument. Small things go a long way especially the way you treat your customer.

If you look at the TPS principles, they don't end with the product and its manufacturing.
[7] Build the right culture : The lean processes of Toyota Production System shouldn’t be contained to the production line. It should show up even in customer relations and company meetings.

Japanese call it omotenashi and I just love their principles on this. Its not just about hospitality but about how you treat your customer. Its ingrained in them as a virtue as they are raised up and is not something they are taught separately. Truthfully, we as Indians have tons to learn from them on that and I have no shame in admitting to it.
https://www.japan.travel/en/au/exper...re/omotenashi/
warp_10 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 13:06   #57
BHPian

I am typing this sitting in the lounge of Tata service center. I used to get my Nexon serviced at Orange regularly and glad that I moved away. I always knew the management and service advisors were incompetent. I just used to visit because of technicians. Few technicians were good and had good rapport with them. All of them left and I had to shift to Select motors at Balanagar metro ( as of now the experience is decent). Last straw to me was when Orange took 5 days just to clear errors in the MID.

My intuition is that they're going to close it down and they're seeing this as well.
JReacher13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 18:53   #58
BHPian

Let manufacturers not forget that this forum is the first point of reference for thousands if not lakhs.

Some people may not visit the forum/topic again and keep a bad impression even if the issue is resolved in a few days.

Last edited by dsr001 : 10th December 2022 at 19:00.
dsr001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 19:24   #59
RRM
BHPian

Another day, another TATA service disowning issue. I am seriously doubtful if these guys are ever bothered about customer satisfaction! No steps taken to educate the service center on how to keep customers happy which will help more sales. A personal touch will go long way!

Get the issues resolved by recalling as needed, openly accept mistakes, invest in fixing outstanding or know issues and will better the quality and hence the respect towards brand. No top brass is worried about product issues other than worrying bottom line and milestones

One of my friend was inclined towards tata and I shared the links from the forum and rest is history.

If not anything, try to imbibe the Japanese culture to better the brand value.

I doubt how these guys survive in foreign countries where such things should have made Tata a bankrupt brand or there the qa/qc is top notch and taken Indian consumers for granted?
Old 10th December 2022, 20:23   #60
Kln
BHPian

The customer signed off on (the legally dubious) service job card which definitely would have the standard 'leave the car at your own risk' nonsense. The only way he's getting any compensation is via the legal route. It's sad, but these big companies have CYA clauses in every single document. Tata should straight up reimburse him as an act of goodwill. It's a small price to pay for repairing its rightfully horrible image.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks