Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 23:00   #61
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
The customer signed off on (the legally dubious) service job card which definitely would have the standard 'leave the car at your own risk' nonsense. The only way he's getting any compensation is via the legal route. It's sad, but these big companies have CYA clauses in every single document. Tata should straight up reimburse him as an act of goodwill. It's a small price to pay for repairing its rightfully horrible image.
I agree with every word you've said. These "clauses" hold no ground in a court of law but as the common man knows there is no semblance of law and fairness in India for us. No "govt of India" employees will call up the dealer and force him to pay compensation. Nobody is there for the common man and we all know how great Tata motors is when it comes to helping it's customers. Had this been Maruti there might be some hope but with Tata the customer is lucky he's not being sent a legal notice by Tata itself. Tata motors has a history of NEVER helping customers. The only practical option is to claim insurance, get the car repaired and sell it off immediately ( it's an EV and slight chance of damage to the battery pack so a MAJOR fire risk )
akg7091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 09:29   #62
BHPian

Re: Nexon EV falls off carlift during service at Orange Auto, Hyderabad | No support from Tata or de

I am so not surprised to read this.

We never visit any TASS anymore from the long line of crappy experiences over the years across several dealerships across multiple cities, but couple of months back we thought we would give it one more chance thinking maybe they've gotten their act together after the new gen cars have been launched.

Boy what a mistake. Nothing has changed since the time we had stopped visiting this Dehradun dealership years ago. Still the same technical incompetence, still the same pathetic customer handling. And they hit a new low last time when a dealership mechanic wanted extra tips for fixing a tail lamp wire. 100 bucks isn't much but it's just a bad, unprofessional look.

And yet the dealership is thriving because a lot of people have bought Tatas lately and there is no effort whatsoever from TML to fix the customer experience.

Last edited by Tanmay K : 11th December 2022 at 09:41.
Tanmay K is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 16:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Even though the dealer had no right to be rude or arrogant about this, the mindset people have about claiming insurance is wrong most times. In case of an accident most people claim that it was not my fault so I will not claim the insurance. That’s not what exactly what the insurance is meant for. In case of an accident, especially when it’s such a major one, no matter who is at fault, insurance needs to be claimed. However in this case the dealer should at least offer to compensate for NCB or offer free service coupons to compensate the customer instead of telling him go complaint to Tata, we don’t care.
There is no rule citing that insurance must be claimed. Infact only
3rd party insurance is mandatory. Means that my insurance company pays for and fixes the other person's car if I am guilty of not following rules and causing an accident.
regards kaps454
kaps454 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 16:32   #64
BHPian

Tata had a head start even with Indica. Poor product quality, non existent customer service and lack of potential upgrades led to their downfall. The current crop of cars are the brainchildren of Pratap Bose. He is gone, so is my expectation of any future good car from TML.

I wrote this on another thread as well - both Tata and Mahindra are trying new stuff. But only one of them tries to make things right when a customer complains. TML's 2nd downfall is written if things don't change soon.

As for me, I'd never buy or recommend a Tata; I have burnt my fingers with an Indica. These media clips make me stay away from their stocks as well.

Last edited by kaushikduttajsr : 11th December 2022 at 16:34.
Old 11th December 2022, 21:08   #65
BHPian

Ahh Orange Auto, the same bunch of clowns that own the Kawasaki dealership in Hyderabad as well. This group is the most brazen and incompetent bunch I have seen. How Tata, Kawasaki, Honda, Jeep and Chevrolet have given them franchises is beyond comprehension. I can not wait for them to lose all their franchises and go bust. They are criminally incompetent and I am not making any exaggerations when I say that.

Last edited by RodRowdyBiker : 11th December 2022 at 21:09.
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:11   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps454 View Post
There is no rule citing that insurance must be claimed. Infact only
3rd party insurance is mandatory. Means that my insurance company pays for and fixes the other person's car if I am guilty of not following rules and causing an accident.
regards kaps454
I did not mean to say it must be claimed. But what I meant was that’s what insurance is there for to offer you peace of mind in case of an accident. Agreed only third party is mandatory but the point of getting comprehensive is to avoid a big financial burden alone with the stress in case of a mishappening. In no way I am trying to defend the actions of service centre as they are totally at fault and made it even worse with their attitude.

Recently read another thread of an Audi A6 having an accident with Innova which did not any insurance. The A6 owner was not at fault but still claimed the insurance. He could’ve fought with the Innova owner to pay all the damages or filed a case as that car did not have any insurance cover. But the easier more stress free route was to claim the insurance and ask the other party to cover NCB and deductibles which was taken by him.

If the service centre was kind enough from the beginning to go this route with the customer and offered him additional free services / extended warranty and covered all the NCB loss and deductibles along with providing him a temporary car, may be the customer would have never complained regarding this and they could’ve avoided all this negative publicity. But their actions and response was what made this even worse because of which the customer took this route.
Old 12th December 2022, 14:12   #67
BHPian

What kind of behavior is this from the TATA-authorized service center? A customer pays 15 Lakhs to get your car with a lot of trust in the brand, leaves it for service and your incompetent service people damage the car and tell the customer they can't be responsible? Are we in a world where it is hard to find anyone with a conscience? If TATA takes care of their existing customers first, its customer base will automatically increase, these are elementary basics and they are slipping on it big time.
Old 12th December 2022, 14:46   #68
BHPian

There has to be something inherently wrong with how Tata's operate their car business. They boast of their employee friendly nature and blah blah blah, but they see customer as a scapegoat.

Even Mahindra's are miles ahead of them, despite operating in the similar market and serving similar customer base, yet more expensive products. Compassionate & Quality management is essential to run a customer-centric company. This is the reason why i have never seen any major Mahindra scary stories on TBhp.

What bogs my mind is, why this is such a big issue? the dealers have their insurance. They can claim from that. Why force the customer to claim his insurance when the mistake was by the service center?

As a customer, i will take responsibility for all service damages, but will the service center guarantee that:
- All his equipment is properly maintained as per manual (lifts, gears and other items).
- All his personnel are properly trained.
- The service center is as per prescribed standards.

We all know that all of the above will be struck off the list and the customer is held liable for their mistake.
Summary: Say Ta-Ta to Tata.
Old 12th December 2022, 15:12   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Even though the dealer had no right to be rude or arrogant about this, the mindset people have about claiming insurance is wrong most times. In case of an accident most people claim that it was not my fault so I will not claim the insurance. That’s not what exactly what the insurance is meant for. In case of an accident, especially when it’s such a major one, no matter who is at fault, insurance needs to be claimed. However in this case the dealer should at least offer to compensate for NCB or offer free service coupons to compensate the customer instead of telling him go complaint to Tata, we don’t care.
I don’t see why a vehicle owner should claim insurance? This is dealer’s mistake and they should foot the bill. The customer will also face issue during resale. Accidental vehicle’s value depreciates a lot during resale and the owner should be duly compensated. The owner should actually settle only for a new car.
knightfurry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:14   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post
Sad to hear about this incident and hope TATA gets involved in this and takes action on the dealer, supports the customer.
This Orange Motors used to be Chevrolet delear earlier and also had a service center in Sanath Nagar. Once me and my friend had visited there for his Chevrolet Beat seavice. They made us wait for 2hrs just to get the Job Card prepared for the general service.
I think only their Board has changed from Chevrolet to Tata but not the person's attitude.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th December 2022 at 15:16.
raghu67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

There is a weird logic with car companies that needs to change. For warranty to be valid, we MUST use their A.S.S. If we leave our car with them, they are not liable for anything that goes wrong. Makes no sense right?

Either let us get service form third party, else be accountable for any accident/theft that has happened in a property under your control.
giri1.8 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 08:46   #72
BHPian

Any resolution provided by Tata yet?
Old 30th December 2022, 10:27   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
Any resolution provided by Tata yet?
Evidently not
https://twitter.com/rajiv_bandaru/st...30646170640384
Old 23rd January 2023, 16:56   #74
BHPian

I'm sending this post from Orange service center where Nexon is lying without any repair.
As per the service here, the agency agreed to repair and replace all affected parts under their own expense/insurance without impact customer insurance. But as per the conversation I had now, the owner wants a new car as it was damaged by service center.
This is new to me. I agree that garage people damaged but they also agreed to repair and replace, I still didn't get what "else" is the owner looking at.
Why to damage the car beyond repair by letting it rot under sun and rain. Painful.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 18:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolo4409 View Post
The reason dealers and manufacturers get away with this sort of behavior is primarily because a single post on a community like ours may not show up in front of any car buyer unless they specifically go looking for it. But if we have a popular system which consolidates all the incidents at a dealer, it will have an impact on their business and will force them to do right by their customers.

We don't we create a separate forum page that only lists the horror stories of each brand. A new thread for each brand and the list of bad experiences. That way we have a count readily available. It would make the manufacturers more accountable if we have statistics to show their customer satisfaction levels from an auto enthusiast portal.
vamsi.vadrevu is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks