Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2023, 15:36   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Elated to have your response to my questions Sir; thanks.

So, I think I am fairly comfortable with the battery degradation concern, all the more so because my specific use case is unlikely to require frequent DC charging. Most of the times it will be charged overnight using the 3.3KW AC charger.

On the range, given you are also based in Delhi, do you think that the 50 km headroom would suffice for peak summer AC usage as well? Lately it's become significantly warmer out here, so have you seen any drop in range with AC on?

Also, any thoughts on the incoming EC3, given it's at a not too dissimilar pricepoint?
The 200+ range i am getting is comfortably with AC on at 23degrees and maybe 3-4% sports mode. Dont think it will make much of a difference in peak summers. Maybe an expreienced NexonEV owner can say more to this.

The eC3 would be a bit high on interior space, so good option too. But I saw the joystick based orvm's and instantly lost all interest. Also, was told by dealership that it will arrive at 11-12.5L price point, which made it push to nexonEV boundry, and then I could have just had the NexonEV, and had loads of peace of mind and no joysticks.
electric.O is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:01   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.O View Post
1. The 24 KWH model will be sufficient. It's been giving me 200Kms range. the first 150, with no range anxiety, and the last 50 with some anxiety.

2. The degradation should not be more than 10% after first 3-5 years, and 20% in the 6-8th year. So you are looking at a real city range of 180 in 4th year, and 160 in 7th year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
This level of degradation is very unlikely. Many Nexon EV owners with 2+ years are not seeing anything close to 10% degradation. Even 2021 MG ZS NMC battery version owners are seeing only 2 to 3% in ~2 years. LFP is expected to do even better.
I think degradation of the EV battery is not only a function of age of battery but also kilometers logged. In my view, how much running the EV has will eventually determine how much the range degrades over time.
Old 21st February 2023, 16:29   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I think degradation of the EV battery is not only a function of age of battery but also kilometers logged. In my view, how much running the EV has will eventually determine how much the range degrades over time.
When we compare a long range EV vs short range EV, for a 1lakh km distance, the number of cycles will be ~250 cycles compared to ~500 cycles, there will be more degradation in a short range EV for the same distance.
Old 21st February 2023, 16:39   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
When we compare a long range EV vs short range EV, for a 1lakh km distance, the number of cycles will be ~250 cycles compared to ~500 cycles, there will be more degradation in a short range EV for the same distance.
LFP batteries are generally rated for some 2000 cycles, but Tata claims 1200 cycles.

Considering 1000 cycles, 2L Kms, without issue, seems easy.
electric.O is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:41   #155
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a question, like most of you would be aware, we can claim IT benefits for a loan taken to purchase an EV and in most of the places it says the purchase is to be made before March 2023.

Do we know if this timeline would get extended?

Thanks,
Nishith
Nishith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:44   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post
Hi All,

I have a question, like most of you would be aware, we can claim IT benefits for a loan taken to purchase an EV and in most of the places it says the purchase is to be made before March 2023.

Thanks,
Nishith
It has not been extended in this budget.
electric.O is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 19:05   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Considering most of the issues reported for Nexon and Tigor have been electrical in nature, i would be very wary of any kind of accessories. I myself wanted to get a dashcam and HIDs for the car, but i guess I'll hold off.
You could connect the dash cam to the power socket, unless it’s assumed that connecting anything there also causes electrical issues, but then what’s the point of socket. The only thing you’ll lose out is parking monitoring which would’ve kept dash-cam running even while engine is on, using the car battery with a potential to drain it out. There are still workarounds for drainage issue, but I’m only recommending using the socket itself.
rachetandclank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 17:50   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Just checked with my dealer, apparently you can't install any electrical accessories on the EV Car as it will impact warranty. I'm specifically looking to get the rear parking sensors installed as the XZ+ Tech does not come with Reverse Park Assist Audible Sensors it comes installed only with the Camera. Surprised that Tata decided to offer only the camera on the top end variants.

Hey,

Thanks for bringing the attention on the rear parking sensors. I have a similar problem with Tata Tiago XZA+ model. They don't provide rear parking sensors and there is no audio alert. They just provide rear camera.

Without audio alerts, I feel its of not much use to avoid accidents, you could accidently hit a pole, a child, while taking reverse as you may not focus everytime.

I have raised this concern to Tata Motors and to the dealer, both of them have an attitude of don't care for customer. There is no standard accessory from Tata Motors for rear parking sensors, Strange!!!

I am more frustrated to know Maruti provides rear parking sensors + beep for all its models like Alto, Spresso, WagonR.

What's the point of calling a 4* safety with no parking alerts + sound beeps.

Here is the email reply from Tata Motors:
Tata Tiago Electric Review-email1.jpg

Tata Tiago Electric Review-email2.jpg

I got an afterMarket rear parking sensor from Amazon for 550Rs and got it installed in Tata Service Showroom for 1250Rs service charges.

The installation was not perfect, they couldn't read the manual properly, the spacing between the sensors is not well aligned.
Old 23rd February 2023, 00:13   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshalage View Post
Hey,

Thanks for bringing the attention on the rear parking sensors. I have a similar problem with Tata Tiago XZA+ model. They don't provide rear parking sensors and there is no audio alert. They just provide rear camera.

Without audio alerts, I feel its of not much use to avoid accidents, you could accidently hit a pole, a child, while taking reverse as you may not focus everytime.

I have raised this concern to Tata Motors and to the dealer, both of them have an attitude of don't care for customer. There is no standard accessory from Tata Motors for rear parking sensors, Strange!!!

I am more frustrated to know Maruti provides rear parking sensors + beep for all its models like Alto, Spresso, WagonR.

What's the point of calling a 4* safety with no parking alerts + sound beeps.

Here is the email reply from Tata Motors:
Attachment 2421366

Attachment 2421367

I got an afterMarket rear parking sensor from Amazon for 550Rs and got it installed in Tata Service Showroom for 1250Rs service charges.

The installation was not perfect, they couldn't read the manual properly, the spacing between the sensors is not well aligned.
Last i checked, rear parking sensors are mandatory as per Govt AIS standards since a year or so. Thats why all automakers including Maruthi have them now, Not sure if having a camera provides an exception.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 03:04   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post
Hi All,

Thanks,
Nishith
What if we parcel the loan before 31st March, 2023 and let's say receive the car delivery on 1st April. Would we be eligible for IT benefits?
Old 23rd February 2023, 09:19   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
Car rolled back around 1 foot before starting again. It had 4 adults and 1 kid inside. Tried it again with the parking brake on and there was no rolling back this time.
I noticed this as well. It’s in al of TATA EVs except the the Nexon Ev MAX which has the auto hold through the electric park brake.
But this roll back is considerably lower in sports mode and I don’t think it’s entirely because it’s activated only after completely letting off of the brake. There is a real delay which TATA need to work on. If it’s better in sports mode then it definitely can be better on the normal mode as well with some calibration.

Anyone from Bangalore would like to share how much their Tiago EV was on road? From what I understand we don’t have a lot of RTP charges here so the price should be a bit lower isn’t it ?
Old 23rd February 2023, 10:35   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Took delivery of Tiago EV XZ+ Tech Lux today with 30 KMs on the ODO, now it stands at ~70 KMs.

Did not buy any accessories from them
Congratulations! The car looks hot in white
I would suggest you to get the OEM Sunshades to control the heat during summers. They will also look sporty on your white car.
To increase the range, try coasting when on highways while keeping the regen at max during shorter city runs. Occasional bursts of speed with the Sport mode are a must!
Eco_boost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 21:57   #163
BHPian

Hi folks just got my tiago ev a few days ago. The only issue I’m facing is that cruise control does not engage although the mid shows it’s on. Of course I have switched off the regen mode beforehand. Any pointers? Thanks in advance.
Old 24th February 2023, 09:19   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Hi folks just got my tiago ev a few days ago. The only issue I’m facing is that cruise control does not engage although the mid shows it’s on. Of course I have switched off the regen mode beforehand. Any pointers? Thanks in advance.
Cruise control logo/display doesnt confirm the cruise set. It should show the speed also in a particular color. Once you set the Cruise ON mode, then press down button on the Cruise speed increase/decrease to set the cruise on at a particular speed.

On the RHS, there are of 4 buttons. Cruise On/Off and Speed set-increase/decrease. Use the latter.
Old 24th February 2023, 11:20   #165
BHPian

My Tiago EV delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I hope Tata doesn't surpirse me by delivering a Nano instead because this is the email I got from them

Tata Tiago Electric Review-image_6487327.jpg
anshumandun is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed