Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2023, 15:09   #181
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post

We booked it on the 18th Feb and took delivery today, so not bad at all from Tata Motors. The 12 km drive back home saw the battery dip from 99% to 92%.
Wow, that's real quick, I booked on 15-Oct & still waiting for allotment. BTW, did you get introductory price?
Old 1st March 2023, 16:12   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.vkv View Post
Wow, that's real quick, I booked on 15-Oct & still waiting for allotment. BTW, did you get introductory price?
No Sir, we booked after the introductory prices were lifted. From what I understood, the vehicle allocation can vary greatly depending on factors like city, dealership, variant, colour etc., hence even I was pleasantly surprised to be allocated the car so quickly. We finished all payments yesterday morning, I saw it getting offloaded from the truck yesterday afternoon, and it was delivered to us today morning after due formalities. The showroom experience was very smooth overall, we managed to negotiate down the insurance and there was no push for accessories either.

Last edited by roy_libran : 1st March 2023 at 16:15.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 16:15   #183
BHPian

In Gujarat we are still waiting for the deliveries to commence!
Old 1st March 2023, 17:04   #184
BHPian

Quote:
No Sir, we booked after the introductory prices were lifted.
Road Tax is on ex showroom price, how are they managing tax? In UP, if ex-showroom < 10 lakhs, tax is 8% & if ex-showroom > 10 lakhs, tax is 10%. Would they charge 8% to introductory price customer & 10% to new bookings om same day delivery?

Something is not adding up at Tata's end.

BTW, did they mention something about 1 lakh subsidy to be given later & road tax to be refunded automatically? Pls see this link:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ods%20carriers.

Last edited by maverick.vkv : 1st March 2023 at 17:10. Reason: Additional details & query added
Old 1st March 2023, 17:07   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
In Gujarat we are still waiting for the deliveries to commence!
Same for Uttarakhand, Rudrapur showrom doesn't even have a demo car.

In Gujarat, some approval for subsidy/ approval seems to be the cause. It was mentioned in an earlier post
Old 1st March 2023, 17:29   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.vkv View Post
Road Tax is on ex showroom price, how are they managing tax? In UP, if ex-showroom < 10 lakhs, tax is 8% & if ex-showroom > 10 lakhs, tax is 10%. Would they charge 8% to introductory price customer & 10% to new bookings om same day delivery?

Something is not adding up at Tata's end.

BTW, did they mention something about 1 lakh subsidy to be given later & road tax to be refunded automatically? Pls see this link:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ods%20carriers.
I have no idea on how they will be managing the Road tax on introductory price vehicles. From what I understand, the RTO will insist on road tax as per the prevailing price list, and not on any discounted price being offered to the customer - at the time of registration.
We have a Delhi address so we are registering the car in Delhi and there's not tax (yet) on EVs there, so thankfully we did not need to worry about these aspects.
Coming back to UP, based on what the dealer told me, they don't know yet of anyone who has managed to receive the subsidy refund in UP.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 08:47   #187
BHPian

I was just checking out the Z connect app for the first time and since the car was parked in basement, the app could not sync with the car and was still displaying the location of the car 1 month back. Now I know for sure that the car was manufactured in Tata Motor's Sanand plant in Gujarat

Tata Tiago Electric Review-ev-gj.jpg
anshumandun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:42   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I was just checking out the Z connect app for the first time and since the car was parked in basement, the app could not sync with the car and was still displaying the location of the car 1 month back. Now I know for sure that the car was manufactured in Tata Motor's Sanand plant in Gujarat

Attachment 2424361
the ZConnect app on your mobile will connect with the car only after Tata activates the esim in your car. On the day of the delivery of my Tiago EV I got a sms from Tata saying that KYC was successfully done and on the 3rd working day from the delivery the esim was activated (got notification via sms). Only after that I could get the live sync data from my car.
Before this point it was also showing me the location of Sanand with the last sync date being 10th January 2023 !!
BS777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 08:40   #189

Hello everyone. I need an advice on the purchase of my first car. I took a test drive of both punch and tiago ev and now I am super confused between both of these. I am a new driver (started learning to drive a few weeks back). Any car that I would buy will be my only car and will be driven by me and my wife. My usage would only be on weekends for most part of the year with maximum drive of about 20 KM's or so and some weekend long drives. Both. Tata punch and tiago ev checks a lot of boxes for me but if I compare tiago ev with punch then there are somethings where punch excels and some where tiago ev excels.

Punch pros-
• Higher ground clearance.
• Larger boot space
• Taller sitting position.
• Comparatively stable cabin over bad roads.

Tiago ev pros-
• Small size. So, parking driving etc. is easier for a new driver like me.
• It is an ev. So, it's lot smoother than a petrol car. Now this can be subjective as my knowledge of cars and driving experience of cars are limited.

• Then there's lower maintenance as well.
Old 3rd March 2023, 09:18   #190
BHPian

Yesterday I went to Shell for a fast recharge at their newly opened Shell Recharge facility. They had 2 Ultra fast Chargers of 120kW for cars. I tried charging but it did not work. The charger light on their equipment turned from green to red when I plugged in the charger, It is supposed to turn blue if everyhting is okay. Their app said "charger fault". The manager there has lodged a complaint and will get back when he hears back from their team. Anyone else has successfully charged their cars in Shell?

The charging station looks cool though. You can sit inside Shell cafe sipping a cup of filter coffee while the car gets charged.
Tata Tiago Electric Review-shell.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS777 View Post
the ZConnect app on your mobile will connect with the car only after Tata activates the esim in your car.
Yes yes I know . My esim was activated but since car was not taken out from the basement after activation, it was not synced yet as there is no mobile signal in the basement.

Is there a whatsapp group for Tiago EV owners? If not, lets start one.
anshumandun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 09:34   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Yesterday I went to Shell for a fast recharge at their newly opened Shell Recharge facility. They had 2 Ultra fast Chargers of 120kW for cars.
Good to know that such fast chargers are also coming to India. But then again, they are completely wasted on cars like Tiago EV or Nexon Prime which are limited to 30 something kW at most.
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....it was delivered to us today morning after due formalities. The showroom experience was very smooth overall...
The 3.3 KW charger got fitted today - pretty quick response form Tata Power, although the guys just showed up at an hour's notice, and I had to rush back home from Delhi to oversee the installation. I realised that the 3.3 KW box is actually nothing but just a couple of Circuit Breakers and a Plug
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 18:23   #193
BHPian

The silver lining and the main reason for an EV. If you have long inner city commutes, there is no beating the tigor or indeed Tiago for driving comfort ( in that budget i mean).

Had done 162 kms in a single day inside Trivandrum city and covered 162 kms in peak heat. My driver had kept ac on 80% of the time . ( He switches off the ac when he drives alone). Still 24% range left.

Have covered over 500 kms this week itself. If it was a petrol even if it gave 20km/l i would need 2500 bucks worth of fuel!

Excuse the top speed of 121.95 km/h. That was in sports mode and down an incline by me!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-screenshot_20230303181822745_com.tatamotors.evcvp.jpg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-screenshot_20230303181851878_com.tatamotors.evcvp.jpg  

Last edited by Nanolover : 3rd March 2023 at 18:26.
Nanolover is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 02:02   #194

Hello all, happy to share that I received my Tiago ev XT LR on 27th Feb. 3kw Charger is installed on 3rd March. Driven 214 kms do far all in city. So far it's been a very exciting and proud experience. My wife loves the car. Apartment residents, colleagues and even strangers admired the car and asked hell lot of questions. They even asked for a spin around.

On delivery day odo was on 26kms. First day on hundred percent charge it displayed 170 kms of range. With 10 battery left it covered 157 kms. I was worried. When I charged it to 100% with 3kw charger it displayed 230 kms with 3 level regen. Today I covered 32kms with 22 percent battery usage. Was using AC all times and even stopped for 20 minutes with AC running for an icecream.

Coming to driving Tiago ev, it's butter smooth and I'm virtually driving on single pedal with regen modes adjusted according to traffic.

Loving the attention it's grabbing now. Will post more updates in coming days.

Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img20230227wa0003.jpeg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img20230227wa0004.jpeg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img20230227143132.jpg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_20230228_113101.jpg  

Aishven is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 08:14   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satypal View Post
• Small size. So, parking driving etc. is easier for a new driver like me.
Petrol or EV - you need to decide. The only point I would say is not think too much about the size. You will get used to it quite quickly.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed