Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 23:18   #226

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Here's the schematics of how the wiring was done. Worked with the society to come-up with the plan, they were kind enough to create the schematics which I then shared with the installer. Took about 50 meters of cable out of which 15m is free, had to pay for 35m. Also, 7.2KW charger requires a higher gauge and the cable is more expensive than the one used for 3.3 KW.

Attachment 2426365
Hey thanks a lot for the schematics. It gives me certain idea with which I can approach my society in case I finalize my purchase.

Just a quick question. Was any part of the wiring overhead or underground? I mean were you required to arrange for a sort of trench /piping to pull the wiring to your parking or was it entirely overhead.
Old 8th March 2023, 00:02   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satypal View Post
Was any part of the wiring overhead or underground? I mean were you required to arrange for a sort of trench /piping to pull the wiring to your parking or was it entirely overhead.
The cable is overhead from the Meter room to the Storm drain. The cable itself is armored, so it doesn't need any additional protection overhead or underground. You may choose to run it through a pipe for aesthetics purposes though, however keep in mind that cable is pretty thick and difficult to bend at angles, so the pipe should be large enough to afford good clearance around the corner.

Here are some pics.
Tata Tiago Electric Review-1.jpeg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-2.jpeg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-3.jpeg
sumithb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 00:07   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
The cable is overhead from the Meter room to the Storm drain. The cable itself is armored, so it doesn't need any additional protection overhead or underground. You may choose to run it through a pipe for aesthetics purposes though, however keep in mind that cable is pretty thick and difficult to bend at angles, so the pipe should be large enough to afford good clearance around the corner.

Here are some pics.
Attachment 2426369
Attachment 2426370
Attachment 2426371
A million thanks. I got the idea. I will try to assess the situation here in my society and discuss with the members.
Old 8th March 2023, 09:49   #229

When we say fast charged for 4 continuous cycles, one must do a slow charge, I believe it is 4 times of DC charge and not the home fast charger.
Can someone clarify on this?
Because, both my SA and Tata Power vendor recommended me to use the home fast charger on a regular basis and use the 15A portable charger for emergency purposes only.
Old 8th March 2023, 10:52   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsriram.avis View Post
When we say fast charged for 4 continuous cycles, one must do a slow charge, I believe it is 4 times of DC charge and not the home fast charger.
Can someone clarify on this?
Because, both my SA and Tata Power vendor recommended me to use the home fast charger on a regular basis and use the 15A portable charger for emergency purposes only.
That is correct, 4 cycles of fast charging refers to only DC fast charging. They could have specified "DC fast charging" to avoid confusion, but this was from the Nexon EV manual, were there was no 7.2 kW (fast) A/C charging option. The home 7.2 kW A/C charger can be used continuously. Your SA and Tata Power vendor recommendation is correct.

Last edited by wocanak : 8th March 2023 at 10:53.
wocanak is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:45   #231
BHPian

Hi, does installing sensors void the warranty of the car ?
Old 9th March 2023, 00:15   #232

Took delivery of XZ+ Tech Lux today evening. All went fine except for one thing after reaching home. I Have recently paved my driveway with a steep slope (around 20 degrees with less than one foot which then joins a flat surface). The car just refused to climb up, and the wheels just kept spinning with burnt rubber smell. Parked my car at another location. So my question is, Should I upgrade my tyres, since this situation can also come up in a hilly terrain?
The stock Apollo Amazer XP tyres are low-resistance tyres, so will upgrading them with better grip tyres make a difference, any suggestions?
Also should I upgrade only the front ones, or all four?
chivasblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 05:24   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivasblue View Post
Took delivery of XZ+ Tech Lux today evening. All went fine except for one thing after reaching home. I Have recently paved my driveway with a steep slope (around 20 degrees with less than one foot which then joins a flat surface). The car just refused to climb up, and the wheels just kept spinning with burnt rubber smell. Parked my car at another location. So my question is, Should I upgrade my tyres, since this situation can also come up in a hilly terrain?
The stock Apollo Amazer XP tyres are low-resistance tyres, so will upgrading them with better grip tyres make a difference, any suggestions?
Also should I upgrade only the front ones, or all four?
Try reversing into the driveway. This should help. Also check if any other automatic IC engined car also has this wheelspin issue on your driveway. I think the problem is more to do with the surfacing. Especially true if it is interlocking tiles.

I also have a steep driveway ( albeit coarse) and my tigor climbs with no problem.
Nanolover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 13:23   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Try reversing into the driveway. This should help. Also check if any other automatic IC engined car also has this wheelspin issue on your driveway. I think the problem is more to do with the surfacing. Especially true if it is interlocking tiles.

I also have a steep driveway ( albeit coarse) and my tigor climbs with no problem.
Thanks Nanolover , reversing helped, the front wheel did skid a little on loose gravel but it was smooth after that. The surface is coarse, no tiling done yet, however the driveway is a slope followed by flat surface followed by another slope. I will post some pictures in couple of days.
chivasblue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:25   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
...Because the HQ in Mumbai is closed today on account of Holi, and the plant in Sanand Gujarat will be closed tomorrow for the same reason, the Tata executive requested me to wait till Thursday, and he will give me an approximate timeline when he would be able to allot a new XZ+ Tech Lux Tropical Mist to me.
I waited patiently for the entire day, the executives gave me one deadline after the other -- sir, wait till 1pm, sir wait till 4pm and so on and so forth. There is complete radio silence from Tata.

Fed up and with patience running thin at the end of the day, I have shot off an email to all Tata customer care handles, and also to respected Mr. Shailesh Chandra and Mr. Anand Kulkarni. With the support of our fantastic community, I expect the Tata management to take notice and address my concerns.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-scrsht2.jpg
crazydevil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:50   #236
BHPian

was able to fully charge my top end long range tiago yesterday but was surprised to see it showing only 150km range. I changed the regen modes to the highest but it did not make much of a difference. I've seen youtubers get atleast 235kms on a full charge. I contacted poona motors who fit the rear and front parking sensors and they said confirmed that no wire had been cut. The rear sensors was taking its power from the reversing light and the front sensor from some wiring near the steering. I asked him to disable the front sensors to see if that was doing something. After disabling, the range was still showing 150. I also contacted the sales guy and he said to wait until the first service and it will auto correct. I think I will contact the service center and ask them to have it checked. I also ran the diagnostic on the app and it showed all green.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-whatsapp-image-20230308-22.07.57.jpg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-whatsapp-image-20230308-22.10.22.jpg  

oli.ferns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 13:17   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
After disabling, the range was still showing 150..
I hope you realize that basic electronics consume power from 12V battery under hood and not from the larger battery under the floorboard. So, there is no or truly little correlation between vehicle range and usage of bulbs or beeping parking sensors during vehicle operation.
Thilak29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 13:24   #238
BHPian

I have been allotted my XT LR & VIN is apparently a Feb, 2023 manufactured car.

UP govt notified the EV Policy on 2nd Mar, but RTOs are still charging the Road Tax . It seems software update would take some more time. I am delaying the delivery to benefit from Road Tax waiver.
maverick.vkv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 14:07   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I hope you realize that basic electronics consume power from 12V battery under hood and not from the larger battery under the floorboard. So, there is no or truly little correlation between vehicle range and usage of bulbs or beeping parking sensors during vehicle operation.
Yes, but I did it to avoid an argument when visiting the service center. When I had the initial charging issue, the first thing they noticed is that I had parking sensors fitted. Tata does not offer fitting sensors as an accessory even though it is available on the lower variants.
Old 10th March 2023, 15:32   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
was able to fully charge my top end long range tiago yesterday but was surprised to see it showing only 150km range. I changed the regen modes to the highest but it did not make much of a difference. I've seen Youtubers get atleast 235kms on a full charge.
The range will change once you start driving the car. The range is dynamic and it keeps changing depending on how and where the car is being driven.

At 100% battery, if you just start driving in a condition such that your average speed is around 30-35kmph, the range will increase to 200km plus even though your battery will be reducing from 100% to say 95%.

This is purely based on my personal experience.
anshumandun is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed