Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2023, 17:11   #241
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
was able to fully charge my top end long range tiago yesterday but was surprised to see it showing only 150km range.

I've seen Youtubers get atleast 235kms on a full charge. I also ran the diagnostic on the app and it showed all green.
Did you crosscheck with the MID in the car? Z connect is buggy af which is why we opted not to take the paid subscription after the expiry of 1y trial.

Also, the range is based on the Wh/km from last driving session. You will get fresh figures from merely 2-3km of driving (which will be very high initially around 150Wh-200Wh/km)

It should settle down to 100-120Wh/km by end of your day.
Shresth_EV is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 22:06   #242

Did anyone face any issue with the ground clearance of tiagoev ? I mean on big speed breakers or in cases where there were undulations on the road?

My friend's tiago petrol seems to have higher geound clearance than tiagoev . So, I was thinking if the 160mm ground clearance will pose any problems.
Old 13th March 2023, 18:08   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.vkv View Post
I have been allotted my XT LR & VIN is apparently a Feb, 2023 manufactured car.

UP govt notified the EV Policy on 2nd Mar, but RTOs are still charging the Road Tax . It seems software update would take some more time. I am delaying the delivery to benefit from Road Tax waiver.
I am in the same boat as well. Have you been communicated of any timeline by your dealer? My dealer is not very clear with the timelines, and keeps pushing for Delhi registration.
I am dealing with Sagar Motors, Noida.
Old 13th March 2023, 18:18   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddu View Post
I am in the same boat as well. Have you been communicated of any timeline by your dealer? My dealer is not very clear with the timelines, and keeps pushing for Delhi registration.
I am dealing with Sagar Motors, Noida.
Now, RTO charges are waived in UP, dealers are charging about Rs. 3500 for Fast Tag, HSRP, registration facilitation etc. I did PDI on Saturday but there were shortcomings and overall fit & finish is below par.

I am going tomorrow & if everything is ok, I would take delivery, else I would reject & opt for a new vehicle. Hope, it helps.
maverick.vkv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 19:07   #245
BHPian

Hello All,

I have taken delivery of my Tata Tiago EV XZ+ Tech Lux in Tropical mist color. The car is an absolute breeze to drive within the city and I have already clocked close to 300 KM in just 4 days.

The car had done around 15 Km while I did the PDI at the stockyard and ODO reading at the time of delivery was 30KM.

The delivery experience was not that great (but that’s for another section when I pin down my ownership thread).

However, I am facing an issue in using the Zconnect app, the remote controls I try to execute were not getting executed even when the car had full signal strength.
Not sure if anyone else is facing this issue, or if its just me? Any help here would be of great health. Because the Pre-cool feature would be a boon with the raising temperature during summer.

Thanks,
Nishith
Nishith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 08:47   #246
BHPian

I am getting 220 kms real world range for my office commute which is
around 61 kms one side. This is with using 3rd level of regeneration.

Morning trip information:
Tata Tiago Electric Review-image_50386945.jpg

In the morning, I am getting unbelievable efficiency of 92Wh/km and
the display shows 183kms range with 75% battery remaining. There are 2
major factors for this figure:
1. Morning traffic is less
2. Home to office has a lot of coasting as the altitude decreases so
lot of downslopes.

Information after evening trip back home:
Tata Tiago Electric Review-image_50400513.jpg

The overall efficiency settled to 105 Wh/km after getting back home and the range shown was 97km with 44% battery left.

In summary, I think an efficiency of around 110-120 Wh/km is what the car is capable of which translates to a real world range of approx 210 kms.
anshumandun is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 10:00   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
From Nexon EV Owners manual, Starting and Driving/Important Tips/EV charging, page ~136:
  • Battery performance and durability can deteriorate if the fast charger is used constantly. Use of Fast Charging should be minimized in order to help prolong high voltage battery life.
  • After a maximum of four continuous fast charging cycles, it is recommended to use Slow Charging and charge the car to 100% State of Charge for optimum performance of high voltage battery pack
Going below 10% and charging all the way up to 100% is another recommendation, but that does not remove the need to slow charge after 4 fast charging cycles.

My statement was not about charging to 100% SoC, it was about continuous use of fast charging (needed when you don't have access to slow charging at home and work/office)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
Sorry that is just plain wrong, Tata cars all use LFP battery which can be charged using DC all the time to 100%. My first few charges on my Nexon EV was all on DC. It can happily do it. However, what needs to be is to ensure you take your SOC to below 10% once in a while and charge all the way to 100% to ensure cells are calibrated. You can do an occassional top up to 100% on slow charger.

I don't have that 16A socket that TML puts up at my house, I rely on charging at BESCOM charging station and office's 16A socket.
It has been mentioned on the user manual itself that it is necessary to slow charge the vehicle after 4 fast charging sessions. Applies to Tiago too. Might've worked for you for now but i wouldn't risk doing something the manufacturer has clearly recommended not to.
kryss.vectored is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 21:11   #248
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats on your new car. I'm also considering the same for my father. Did a test drive and found the AC blower creating too much noise and felt like switching off the unit. The SA attributed it to the lack of engine noise. Is it true or is it a glitch in an otherwise silent car? Guess it totally spoils the EV experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
Took delivery of Tiago EV XZ+ Tech Lux today with 30 KMs on the ODO, now it stands at ~70 KMs.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2023 at 02:19. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing fixed.
arunedwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 21:56   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunedwin View Post
Congrats on your new car. I'm also considering the same for my father. Did a test drive and found the AC blower creating too much noise and felt like switching off the unit. The SA attributed it to the lack of engine noise. Is it true or is it a glitch in an otherwise silent car? Guess it totally spoils the EV experience.
I had the same complaint when I test drove the car recently. I was put-off by the sound totally since it made up for the engine noise. I hope they do something about it soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2023 at 02:19. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
MysticMind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 22:55   #250
BHPian

Quote:
It's not a glitch. I find the blower too noisy in the Auto mode even after the cabin cools down, so I turn it down to 1. You could test drive the ICE variant to compare.

I believe it's a design/blower calibration flaw, I don't have this issue in my Superb which has a silent cabin too.

If you believe this spoils the EV experience, I strongly suggest you take the car over rough tarmac to see if the road noise bothers you before taking the plunge!

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2023 at 02:20. Reason: Quoted post fixed.
Old 16th March 2023, 02:46   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post

In summary, I think an efficiency of around 110-120 Wh/km is what the car is capable of which translates to a real world range of approx 210 kms.
Is this for the MR or LR version?
Old 16th March 2023, 10:27   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post
However, I am facing an issue in using the Zconnect app, the remote controls I try to execute were not getting executed even when the car had full signal strength.
The Zconnect app has a lot of issues. Sometimes the sync won't happen. Other times it would ask me to login every alternate day. Sometimes it would show that the car lights are on. I actually went to parking to check if the lights were on but they weren't. Lot of bugs I guess. Tata needs to fix this.

Quote:
Did a test drive and found the AC blower creating too much noise and felt like switching off the unit. The SA attributed it to the lack of engine noise. Is it true or is it a glitch in an otherwise silent car? Guess it totally spoils the EV experience.
Yup, the blower is noisy. Actually you can even hear the compressor working when being driven slow in less noisy conditions. This is due to absence of any engine noise. The good thing is that the AC is quite strong so I just keep the blower speed to 1 all the time (it works for Bangalore). The best solution for me is to put on some good music. The Harman system is pretty good and you can't hear any road noise or AC noise once the music is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
Is this for the MR or LR version?
LR version.
anshumandun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 12:59   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMind View Post
I had the same complaint when I test drove the car recently. I was put-off by the sound totally since it made up for the engine noise. I hope they do something about it soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
It's not a glitch. I find the blower too noisy in the Auto mode even after the cabin cools down, so I turn it down to 1. You could test drive the ICE variant to compare.

I believe it's a design/blower calibration flaw, I don't have this issue in my Superb which has a silent cabin too.

If you believe this spoils the EV experience, I strongly suggest you take the car over rough tarmac to see if the road noise bothers you before taking the plunge!
The AC Blower in the Tiago/Tigor family is noisy from day 1 since it was launched in 2016-17. Sadly Tata has not done much to improve this aspect. The blower 2 speed is very noisy and the 3 and 4 are deafening.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 22:15   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
The Zconnect app has a lot of issues. Sometimes the sync won't happen. Other times it would ask me to login every alternate day. Sometimes it would show that the car lights are on. I actually went to parking to check if the lights were on but they weren't. Lot of bugs I guess. Tata needs to fix this.
This is one of the reason I am still speculating to book this car. I had some hope when the Sales exec said he has after market from accessories team which is upgrading the system without hampering the warranty. But when I spoke to the accessories guy, he clearly said no modification what so ever( even a head lamp change) for EV models.
I'm still waiting to see if any one has really gone for any upgrade from the faulty and buggy Harman systems without hampering the Warranty.
Old 17th March 2023, 10:26   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
This is one of the reason I am still speculating to book this car.

I'm still waiting to see if any one has really gone for any upgrade from the faulty and buggy Harman systems without hampering the Warranty.
Are you saying that you don't want to buy the car because the Zconnect app has bugs? Sorry but I don't quite agree with this opinion. Of course Tata should work to improve the app but I would not stop myself from getting a wonderful city car (if I want one) because the app has some bugs.

Except the app, the Harman system works perfectly. I have not experienced anything 'faulty' and 'buggy'.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks