Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2023, 07:32   #271

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post

Tech LUX I feel is not worth the money. Dual tone, dont even feel its a feature to even consider.
1. Push button start: Not sure how much of difference will it make to on using key, vs push button.
2. Key less tail gate: This I feel is a feature I would think I miss. Operating with just button gives lot of ease specially if you need to open it often for various reason.

This is my personal opinion.
You forgot leatherette seats vs Fabric seats.
drivertriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:34   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Little off topic but, since you are Tata EV owner, just curious to know. How is the rattling inside the car? I'm a E2O user, since the very first service the rattle in the car is too much. And has become worst over years. Could be due to fibre body of E2O. With very less vibration and engine noise of EVs, small loose part can easily be heard in EVs. Wondering if its same with Tata too.
Thankfully no rattle so far for us but I hear that there are minor such issues reported (the noise-facktory guys were saying this in one of their videos). However, we have just got the car in Dec 2022 and only the first (i.e. 1000 Km) service is done (current odo is close to 6000 so almost time for the second service). So I think it is too early to say.

I noticed some glaring panel gap near the driver side door that I asked the Service person to address. Again they gave me the familiar "All nexons have it (feature not a bug)". To be fair he showed me multiple nexons, both ICE as well as EV nexons, that had the same gap. Some how I did not remember this when I did my PDI before we made the payment and I always thought we did a through PDI before making the payment and had indeed got a few really minor issues fixed before delivery.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th March 2023 at 09:55. Reason: Removing unwanted spaces.
Old 24th March 2023, 17:49   #273

Hi,
I had booked a Tiago EV XZ+ (Tropical Mist). I just received a call from my dealership that my car has been dispatched from the Tata plant and I will be able to take delivery of the car on the coming Monday or Tuesday.
My mother will be using the car primarily so I just wanted to know if there's anything I should look out for during the delivery process so that there's no trouble later on.

Also, I was exploring the internet about various benefits that are being provided by the government and I read about the 80EEB income tax benefit, but when I was looking at the income tax e-filling page, the 80EEB form is not present under deductions. If anyone has filed for the deduction I would be really grateful if you could guide me on how to avail the benefit.

Thank you!
P.S. This is my first post on Team-BHP so I apologise for any mistake.
cryptonomer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 19:23   #274

Hi
SA says that "Insurance for Tiago EV has to taken from dealer only. It is only in the case of Tiago EV and not for all Tata cars."

Is this the policy for Tiago EV?

I want to ask current owners whether anyone has taken insurance from outside? Is it allowed? Which is best insurance?
Old 25th March 2023, 06:55   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Opted for my Own Insurance and not through dealer who was quoting a whopping 63K, whereas I got it for 21K and no additional accessories opted from Dealer.
As per the above post, you can opt for your own insurance.
Old 26th March 2023, 09:52   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptonomer View Post
Hi,
I had booked a Tiago EV XZ+ (Tropical Mist). I just received a call from my dealership that my car has been dispatched from the Tata plant and I will be able to take delivery of the car on the coming Monday or Tuesday.
Congratulations!! Can you tell in which month you had booked the vehicle ?
Old 27th March 2023, 00:35   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Congratulations!! Can you tell in which month you had booked the vehicle ?
Thank you! I booked the vehicle in January.
cryptonomer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 10:17   #278

Hello Everyone,

I had made my booking for Tiago EV on 14 Oct 22 for Medium Range LT. Now the SA is saying that I am not eligible for the introductory pricing. That seems very improbable to me. Is there anyone who had done the booking later than 14 Oct and recieved the introductory pricing?

My booking experience with Kropex, Bangalore has been pathetic so far. My primary concern now is regarding Tata service. If Sales is this bad, then I fear after sales service is going to be amazingly bad.
Old 27th March 2023, 12:45   #279
BHPian

When the car was unveiled in October and we have seen many reviewers covering it. I have noticed one thing about the seats. The seats shown at that time have tri-arrow pattern, like the ones we see in Nexon EV.

Now in pictures or if you go to 'Tiago EV Imaginator' on their website, the pattern of the leather seats is changed, its now in dotted format same as shown in the pictures uploaded by OP.

Wonder why they changed it! The tri-arrow pattern kinda looked nice.
Old 27th March 2023, 16:03   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Thanks. I will be the one to test the change in range after changing to alloy wheels. Have ordered the 15" OEM Tiago Alloy Wheels from Boodmo.
Ha, I have it added to my cart since a month but haven’t ordered yet. By any chance, have you received it and tried it? Please share your observations if you have already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksh0510 View Post
What do you mean by electric tailgate??
Is it the type present in the likes of fortuner, or am I misunderstanding it?
Sorry for the delay, it’s just the touch button to open/release boot lock, doesn’t open on its own. Without this, I find it so inconvenient that every time you have to open the driver door to open the boot using the lever.

All,
Has anyone had an issue with charger installation?
I have a situation where the Tata Power technician brought half the required length (7m against 15m required) and convinced my father (senior citizen) to install it inside house in sit-out area as its near EB panel. I called on time before he installed the box and asked him to only install it out in Car Portico.

I had earlier sent him photo and video of EB panel to installation point. When I asked him to come over and measure, he told he will bring the required length and will sort it out.
So, given the shortage of wire, he removed the few metres installed based on a group call with another Tata Power folk assuring they will bring 15 metres and install it. But they are now asking me to pay 3K stating it’s a reinstallation. I asked wasn’t it their mistake they didn’t measure and thus didn’t bring required length, which they acknowledged before leaving. I am now being asked to deal with the subcontractors myself and it’s not easy.

Not sure how will they close the case without a photo/video of completion or a sign from us that it’s installed and demo shown charging the car.

Have dropped a note to customer care but not sure who else to escalate it.

Last edited by ganesc : 27th March 2023 at 16:10.
ganesc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 16:55   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivertriver View Post
Hi
SA says that "Insurance for Tiago EV has to taken from dealer only. It is only in the case of Tiago EV and not for all Tata cars."

Is this the policy for Tiago EV?
I bought insurance on my own from Acko for 21k. Dealer quote was 52k. So please buy your own insurance, don't let the dealer force you to buy insurance from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
When the car was unveiled in October and we have seen many reviewers covering it. I have noticed one thing about the seats. The seats shown at that time have tri-arrow pattern, like the ones we see in Nexon EV.
I have XZ plus variant with black fabric seats and they have the tri-arrow pattern. The leatherette seats are plain as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Ha, I have it added to my cart since a month but haven’t ordered yet. By any chance, have you received it and tried it? Please share your observations if you have already.
Yes, I've installed them and run about 1500 kms with them. Ride has become stiffer due to lower tyre wall height with new 175/60 size tyres. Range is similar at- ~200 kms for a full charge. I'll be sharing the photos soon.
anshumandun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:00   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
I bought insurance on my own from Acko for 21k. Dealer quote was 52k. So please buy your own insurance, don't let the dealer force you to buy insurance from them.

WTH!!! Here in Pune we have booked it a month ago and zero dep.insurance cost written on it is nearly 64k.
Old 27th March 2023, 21:30   #283

Hi everyone, I have booked the XT (LR) variant. Is it possible to attach a wireless/non-drill reverse camera as Tata is not allowing it and I don't want to spend an extra 80K on the next variant. Something that can stream to a secondary glass mounted display or phone or continuous one, may be a dash cam sort of. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.
Old 28th March 2023, 08:55   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
All,
Has anyone had an issue with charger installation?
I took delivery of the car 3 days ago. A person from Tata Power called me and said that he would be sending a technician for the charger installation. Turned out that the technician was an electrician from my neighbourhood with no knowledge and experience regarding charger installation.

Tata Power person had shared a few photos and and a video with this Electrician and asked him to do a similar job at my home.

This person was asking me whether to use a 2 core cable or a 3 core cable.

I called the Tata Power person and told him that this Electrician is not acceptable for me to install the charger. He replied saying that since he had committed that the charger will be installed the next day and since his experienced technician was not available, he tried to arrange a local Electrician. He said he will be sending an experienced technician today.

Let's see how it goes.
abc_xyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 10:04   #285
BANNED

if it is 3.3kw one, then it is just a 16A socket, it's not truly "a charger" installation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks