Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I'm not sure if it's the dealer or Tata who made this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Motors clarification

Attachment 2444623
So there's a twist to the tale now. It's now evident that it's the dealer's handiwork.

Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, Tata Autocomp Systems has some component supply arrangement with MG for the Comet. All the more reason for Tata not to do such ad campaigns.

Quote:
Although comparative advertising is not defined under the ASCI Code, Chapter IV of the ASCI Code permits advertisements containing comparisons with other manufacturers, or suppliers, or products, including those where a competitor is named, in the interests of vigorous competition, provided that the aspects being compared must be clearly mentioned, the comparison is factual, accurate and capable of substantiation , there is no likelihood of the consumer being misled and that the advertisement must not denigrate, attack or discredit other products, advertisers or advertisements, directly or by implication.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th April 2023 at 10:09.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 11:45   #347
BHPian

I don’t see the issue. It’s just some banter which need not be taken seriously and more importantly is close to truth!!

Tata has always been cheeky in its adverts and if MG doesn’t want its car being a cartoon, may be it shouldn’t design it like one.. also , Tata has felt the same pain with Nano
charanreddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 12:58   #348

Wow! Tata just wussied out of a good banter exchange. Meanwhile MG just went all in with new posts with lines like " say tata to a taxi, bring home something sexy".

Popcorns wasted! Smh!
Eleanor_Shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:20   #349
BHPian

Quote:
So there's a twist to the tale now. It's now evident that it's the dealer's handiwork.

Moreover, if I'm not mistaken, Tata Autocomp Systems has some component supply arrangement with MG for the Comet. All the more reason for Tata not to do such ad campaigns.
Tata Autocomp makes the MG comet's battery pack, just like it does for the tiago, tigor and nexon EVs. All these battery packs use imported cells for now.

While Tata Motors won't like to indulge in hitting a competitor like this, I think the message hurts MG more because this is exactly how most people may perceive these two options. MG comet does look toy-ish.
guptad42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 07:00   #350
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's the dealer or Tata who made this
Our concept of car is still the same : 🚗 We continue with same mindset and people end up paying for stuff they never use, and have a bad experience with stuff they actually need from a car. 😅
Joe367 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 21:53   #351
BHPian

Its been more than couple of months since our booking(on February 18) for top variant teal blue model in Pune.

When should we expect a mail from Tata ? Waiting period written by dealer on quotation is 2-3 months.

The waiting period written on various other websites is different. Some said 1 month while some saying upto 2 months.

Meanwhile just saw a post on reddit which says Tata Tiago EV sales number in Q1 of 2023 is 8358 units.
Tata Tiago Electric Review-pqbjqbxhc1xa1.png

Wonder how many of the 10000 or 20000 people who booked under introductory prices got their vehicle.
userAditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 12:31   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Hi All,

What is the average range that you all are getting city and outside city?
I know the range depends on driving style. But this much difference is kind of giving me charge anxiety.

I'm getting similar low range numbers, very disappointing. The driving style can be evaluated in the app itselft (there is a driving score). Mine is pure city driving, with a good driving score and at 100% its giving 137km range (mine is the top end long range version). At one point, it was showing 20km at 50% charge and then starting increasing slowly as I drove.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-capture.jpg  

oli.ferns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:26   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
I'm getting similar low range numbers, very disappointing. The driving style can be evaluated in the app itselft (there is a driving score). Mine is pure city driving, with a good driving score and at 100% its giving 137km range (mine is the top end long range version). At one point, it was showing 20km at 50% charge and then starting increasing slowly as I drove.
Thats too low. If this is your first electric car, it will take some time to get adjusted to driving efficiently that will improve range. AEC will indicate how well are you driving. Check this post by abc_xyz on calculating the range.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5533978 (Tata Tiago Electric Review)

Try avoiding high acceleration after signals or humps. Take it gradually, if you maintain 2 to 3 bars of acceleration meter, that will start giving you more range.
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 16:55   #354
Senior - BHPian

2 Month update:
1. Gr.Noida-Gurgaon-Gr.Noida average AEC stands at 115 WH/KM, translating to just over 200 kms of driving range. This is with AC and mixed driving conditions, traffic jams, idling, quick maneuvers etc.
2. Wife had a minor scratch of a couple of panels and bumper, while parking. Tata ASC grounded the car for 12 days! Moreover they delivered the car with 18% remaining charge. I escalated to the EV manager that they need to set a protocol to deliver back vehicles with at least 40-50% charge.
3. EV parts come in only on order and only few Tata workshops are authorised to repair EVs.

Nothing else notable in this duration. Happy with the buy overall and highly recommended for City users.
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 16:19   #355
BHPian

Isn't the price revealed yet? Or is MG now correcting its price basis the feedback from the market? The youtube link says that Price reveal tomorrow at 12 Noon

Last edited by Dhillon : 4th May 2023 at 16:21.
Old 4th May 2023, 16:56   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhillon View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=7beu-PFB6Sc

Isn't the price revealed yet? Or is MG now correcting its price basis the feedback from the market? The Youtube link says that Price reveal tomorrow at 12 Noon
The Top variant that the Youtubers were driving will have a 7 digit price figure.
Old 11th May 2023, 06:28   #357
BHPian

Hi. Does anyone have any information about extended warranty?
Old 12th May 2023, 13:17   #358
BHPian

Has anyone tried to charge their car at Shell Recharge? I tried twice but both times it did not start charging. Then I tried in a different Shell station and it still did not work.

Apart from Shell, has anyone tried fast charging for their Tiago? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 12th May 2023, 20:17   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Apart from Shell, has anyone tried fast charging for their Tiago? Any feedback would be appreciated.
I have recharged using fast Chargers of Tata Power a few times with mixed results. The common issue that I found was After connecting, charger says session is complete within 5 seconds. Complaints to Tata Power are of no use because 1 person told me that there is a problem with my vehicle. When I explained to him that I have successfully recharged my vehicle a few days ago, he asked me to manually reset the charger which was also of no use. One more person says that you can go to another nearby station.
abc_xyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2023, 15:04   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
I have recharged using fast Chargers of Tata Power a few times with mixed results. The common issue that I found was After connecting, charger says session is complete within 5 seconds. Complaints to Tata Power are of no use because 1 person told me that there is a problem with my vehicle. When I explained to him that I have successfully recharged my vehicle a few days ago, he asked me to manually reset the charger which was also of no use. One more person says that you can go to another nearby station.
That is the exact problem that I faced when trying to charge at Shell Recharge. Within 5 second, it says that charging is completed. So it looks like a car issue that Tata should be addressing. I will speak with Tata ASC and see if they have any solution to this.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed