Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 23:08   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
2. PARKING ON SLOPES. Since there is no Park mode, is the handbrake strong enough for the car to be safely parked on fairly steep slopes?

3. For those of you who are from Mumbai, does the car have enough power to go up the Ghats from Mumbai to Lonavala with four adults on board? I trust it could do the trip without recharging Enroute? (The distance from my house to Lonavala is 90km).
2. Always turn steering wheel full lock in such a manner that if car rolls, it will go hit the curb and stop. So, on a upward gradient, turn wheel full lock to right. On an a downward slope, turn wheel full lock left. It's your only insurance policy if parking brake gives way.

3. You'll be surprised by EVs power on ghats. It will fly up the gradients like no ICE car, of its class, can. Torque pours our right from zero rpm, remember?
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 10:00   #377
FNM
BHPian

Guys, is the Tiago EV reasonably reliable? I ask because it is my wife who will be using it. She travels 30km (total) a day and I do not want her to get stranded on the road, especially during the Mumbai monsoons. We like the driving experience of the Tiago, but reliability is a requirement.
Old 30th May 2023, 16:48   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNM View Post
Guys, is the Tiago EV reasonably reliable? I ask because it is my wife who will be using it. She travels 30km (total) a day and I do not want her to get stranded on the road, especially during the Mumbai monsoons. We like the driving experience of the Tiago, but reliability is a requirement.
Yes it is reliable based on what I see posted by a lot of other members of the EV group. One gentleman has a Nexon EV prime and he just got his wife a Tiago EV. He is very happy with both the cars.

For rains, follow what is written in the manual. That is not different than how you will use a petrol/diesel car.
ferrarirules is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 15:48   #379
BHPian

Hello, I'm planning to get our Tiago EV XT MR sometime in June 2nd week.

Need some help on the alloys front. I haven't bought aftermarket alloys ever - so any help on brand/shop would be much appreciated. Planning for 14" alloys since I don't want to replace the tyres as well. Any recommendations for alloy brands/shops in Mumbai?

Any good suggestions on 3D floor mats or noodle mats? Couldn't find any decent options on Amazon.

Other mods planned:

1. Seat Cover & leather steering cover from Hi-Tech Malad
2. Rear Parcel Tray and String Setup - DIY from Boodmo
3. Replacement of halogen headlamps and parking lamps with LED bulbs (contemplating this, will see once we get the car)
4. Maybe a center armrest (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08ZKGGGC3)
krishnadevjs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 01:58   #380

Hi, does anyone know how to use the tpms? We have the XZ+ variant and I can see only an option to reset it. Also, is anyone facing a problem with the charge filler cap? It is not locking properly, or staying stuck. I have had to adjust the projection manually a couple of times. Other than that, we are having a great time with the car and would definitely recommend to others.
Old 1st June 2023, 10:01   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_madness View Post
Hi, does anyone know how to use the tpms? We have the XZ+ variant and I can see only an option to reset it. Also, is anyone facing a problem with the charge filler cap? It is not locking properly, or staying stuck. I have had to adjust the projection manually a couple of times. Other than that, we are having a great time with the car and would definitely recommend to others.
If it is like the one in Nexon EV max that I have then you only have the option for reset. The TPMS in these cars are what are know as indirect TPMS; they really do not have
a pressure sensor; they make use of the ABS to check if one tire is spinning less/more than expected and issue a warning when it is beyond a limit. What that means is that
it cannot pinpoint which tire is having a problem but can say some tire is having a problem and you need to get the tire checked at a tire shop and plug the puncture.

My TPMS system was able to detect a pinhole puncture so it is indeed quite effective
electric_eel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 15:01   #382
BHPian

I have observed that the ACC behaviour on my Tigao EV is quite inconsistent, as in it sometimes runs much cooler than required or sometimes does not cool enough. As such i find myself consistently adjusting the temperature knob to make myself comfortable. This never happened in my Tata Bolt, where i used to set the temperature at 25 degrees and did not have to keep fiddling with fanspeed or temperature.

I could also not find the sun position sensor on the dash of the Tiago EV, even though on the manual it says that the sensor should be right between the windscreen vents. Could this be the reason behind the not so consistent performance of the ACC system.

On a sidenote, this is the first Tata car where the ECON mode on the AC actually works. I have seen that its great to have the ECON mode on when you are driving alone as this mode just dulls the AC performance enough to make you comfortable
Old 7th June 2023, 11:53   #383

Hello everyone,

I took delivery of Tiago EV XZ+ Lux on 21st May. I've been experiencing an issue with the cruise control function.

On two separate occasions, both myself and my cousin encountered a message stating 'Cruise control selection not possible.' After a brief period, the cruise control started working again for both of us.

They took my car to the service center on 2nd June, and performed a software update, assuring me that the issue was resolved. However, on 4th June, the problem reoccurred. Yesterday, a senior representative from the service center came to my place and mentioned that, according to an engineer from Tata Motors, there may be an issue with the brake pedal. They are considering replacing it under warranty.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from this community if anyone has encountered a similar problem with their Tiago EV. Your insights and experiences would be valuable to me. Thank you in advance for your assistance!"
kavissh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 23:47   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavissh View Post
I would greatly appreciate hearing from this community if anyone has encountered a similar problem with their Tiago EV. Your insights and experiences would be valuable to me. Thank you in advance for your assistance!"
Hope you have seen this post. If not, hope this one helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Cruise control logo/display doesnt confirm the cruise set. It should show the speed also in a particular color. Once you set the Cruise ON mode, then press down button on the Cruise speed increase/decrease to set the cruise on at a particular speed.

On the RHS, there are of 4 buttons. Cruise On/Off and Speed set-increase/decrease. Use the latter.
abc_xyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 19:17   #385
BHPian

I hope someone answers this.

We booked the top model of TIago EV with Teal Blue colour on 18th Feb 2023 in Pune.

The showroom gave us the booking receipt on spot and 10 days later the same booking receipt on email via pdf with a message that here on Tata will email details about the car. So far nothing from Tata or the dealer.

Now nearing 4 months since we paid the booking amount for the vehicle.

The waiting period written on quotation was 2-3 months.

Our patience is running out, is the demand really that high for the vehicle ?

When does Tata email you regarding your vehicle after you have booked it through some dealer? What is the exact timeline ?

If someone would quickly explain in short the process they went through it'd be great!

Last edited by userAditya : 10th June 2023 at 19:24.
userAditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 20:17   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavissh View Post

They took my car to the service center on 2nd June, and performed a software update, assuring me that the issue was resolved. However, on 4th June, the problem reoccurred. Yesterday, a senior representative from the service center came to my place and mentioned that, according to an engineer from Tata Motors, there may be an issue with the brake pedal. They are considering replacing it under warranty.

I dont seem to have a problem with cuise control. Al though I had some issue understanding what combination works fine it activating it. With some trial and error it seem to have worked for me every time I wanted to. Call it my ignorance to know well. But it worked.

But the brake issue seems interesting. I face these issue quite often. Suddenly I feel the brake system is broken. Meaning, when I apply brakes it suddenly slips like a brake failure but eventually works. Quite scary, had this in back of my list of issue to be reported during my first service. Thanks for posting about it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hello, I'm planning to get our Tiago EV XT MR sometime in June 2nd week.

Need some help on the alloys front. I haven't bought aftermarket alloys ever - so any help on brand/shop would be much appreciated. Planning for 14" alloys since I don't want to replace the tyres as well. Any recommendations for alloy brands/shops in Mumbai?

Any good suggestions on 3D floor mats or noodle mats? Couldn't find any decent options on Amazon.

Other mods planned:

1. Seat Cover & leather steering cover from Hi-Tech Malad
2. Rear Parcel Tray and String Setup - DIY from Boodmo
3. Replacement of halogen headlamps and parking lamps with LED bulbs (contemplating this, will see once we get the car)
4. Maybe a center armrest (https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08ZKGGGC3)
I feel MR is not worth. You will end up having lot of charge anxiety. Instead of after market fittings its best to go for long range and have more peaceful drive than cosmetic. Its just my opinion after owning a EVs since a decade now.

And also be aware after market fittings like head lamp change, reverse cameras fittings to EV is going to void the warranty of the vehicle including the 8 years of warranty on battery. I would be cautious about all these.
Old 11th June 2023, 20:53   #387
BHPian

My two month old ev was running very well till today. All of a sudden the car started vibrating very conspicuously with the Ac on. Minus the Ac it’s ok. Sending it to the workshop tomorrow. Any ideas?
Old 12th June 2023, 17:57   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
My two month old ev was running very well till today. All of a sudden the car started vibrating very conspicuously with the Ac on. Minus the Ac it’s ok. Sending it to the workshop tomorrow. Any ideas?
The vibration can be from the radiator fan running at high rpm to make sure the battery is kept in the optimum temperature. This happens when the temperature goes beyond 40 degrees
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:19   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
The vibration can be from the radiator fan running at high rpm to make sure the battery is kept in the optimum temperature. This happens when the temperature goes beyond 40 degrees
The whole fan assembly was replaced. Apparently TATA is issuing a recall for them. The vibration was so bad the whole steering wheel was shaking.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 09:14   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
The whole fan assembly was replaced. Apparently TATA is issuing a recall for them. The vibration was so bad the whole steering wheel was shaking.
just got my vehicle service and there is no mention of such recall. Infact the pedal replacement replaced volunterely also was not informed service here at bangalore for these vehicles. Need to wait and check if they will make a voluntery recall or should we go and ask them about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks