Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2023, 08:59   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post

What about other states? Any updates?

I have booked in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh. My dealer says that only display vehicle is available. Test drive vehicle is not available as on date.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th January 2023 at 09:55. Reason: Shortening the quoted portion.
Old 28th January 2023, 16:57   #107
BHPian

The XT variant has only got electronic adjust for the orvms. You can check this video around the 10 minute mark.
Sumanyu17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:25   #108

Do you think budget will impact EV prices? Specially in budget EVs like Tiago EV or upcoming Punch EV?
Old 2nd February 2023, 11:13   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivertriver View Post
Do you think budget will impact EV prices? Specially in budget EVs like Tiago EV or upcoming Punch EV?
Budget will only impact CBU and SKD cars. Infact budget has components that can make EVs cheaper than today with more local contents. Duty on Lithium batteries/cells reduced which will benefit companies with full fledged factories in India. Also Zero tax on Battery manufacturing equipment.

*Custom duty on lithium-ion batteries has been reduced from 21 percent to 13 percent.

*Subsidies on EV batteries have been extended for another year.

*0% duty (Tax exemption) on capital goods imports related to electric vehicle batteries.
souravdas808 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 13:23   #110
BHPian

Just checked with my dealer, apparently you can't install any electrical accessories on the EV Car as it will impact warranty. I'm specifically looking to get the rear parking sensors installed as the XZ+ Tech does not come with Reverse Park Assist Audible Sensors it comes installed only with the Camera. Surprised that Tata decided to offer only the camera on the top end variants.
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:03   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Just checked with my dealer, apparently you can't install any electrical accessories on the EV Car as it will impact warranty. I'm specifically looking to get the rear parking sensors installed as the XZ+ Tech does not come with Reverse Park Assist Audible Sensors it comes installed only with the Camera. Surprised that Tata decided to offer only the camera on the top end variants.
I believe this is understandable. Considering most of the issues reported for Nexon and Tigor have been electrical in nature, i would be very wary of any kind of accessories. I myself wanted to get a dashcam and HIDs for the car, but i guess I'll hold off.

Also has anyone here got a car delivered?
coldice4u is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 16:47   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dealers will always say that, they just want that you buy the accessories from them at FAT margins.

The 12v electrical system that runs the lights, indicators, reversing camera etc is the same as the regular petrol Tiago, or any other car. You can install any accessory like reversing camera or dashcam safety as long as proper connectors are used and wiring is not cut.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 17:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Dealers will always say that, they just want that you buy the accessories from them at FAT margins.
I'm looking to buy from the dealer only. They have not got the car but have sent me a price breakup, including basic accessories kit which does not include any electrical ones. For electrical ones like sensors, they are not willing to install them as they claim that they can't that do on an electric car!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd February 2023 at 05:23. Reason: Quote tag fixed; edited for better readability
Old 3rd February 2023, 00:28   #114
BHPian

Quote:
This looks like fake fear mongering to me. Yes, I understand we are (and should be) vary of tinkering with the LFP EV battery electrical system.

But, like most EVs, tiago.ev also has an additional, ordinary 12V Lead acid battery for accessories and headlamps etc. So, it should be possible to install the usual electrical accessories without touching the main EV battery and motor driving electrical systems at all.
guptad42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 16:04   #115
BHPian

Tata Motors commences deliveries of the ‘Fastest Booked’ EV in India.

Hands over the 1st batch of 2000 Tiago.evs to customers, across 133 cities.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-c61a84e2556a45a782034fc0064647b5.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2023, 21:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, took delivery of Tiago EV i had booked in October 2022.

Mine is the 2nd car delivered from the dealership i had booked. My booking number was 8, and was 1st booking of Midnight Plum shade. So, i got car early.

Delivery experience was hassle free as I had done PDI and then made payment. Car was charged at the dealership before delivery.

Will be writing impressions soon.
CarguyNish is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 16:29   #117

Quote:
Did the dealership provide an option to get it installed officially?

I feel the sensor’s sound can make a huge difference specifically when you are not looking at the screen while reversing - random vehicles who refuse to stop even after acknowledging a reversing vehicle
silvy_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 12:22   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvy_rider View Post
Did the dealership provide an option to get it installed officially?
No, they are not willing to do it, willing to do only non electrical accessories, just wanting to add more Chrome to the stock car and pushing those!
Old 5th February 2023, 12:47   #119
Senior - BHPian

My brother's Tiago EV was just registered yesterday. He'll probably collect it on Monday. There was some glitch in the RTO software and the car was not getting registered for the past few days. He's also bought the 7.2 KW charger which will be installed in the office. Car is going to be used by one of his staff members.
pedrolourenco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 23:32   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
What about other states? Any updates?

Side note: in Gujarat we still have the 10000 per kWh state subsidy capped at 1.5lakh. Tiago EV should be eligible for it, however it needs to be included in the FAME list here which has the Tigor EV and the Nexon EV. However, no signs of the Tiago EV on it yet.
I had a conversation with my Tata guy again today ; apparently no units have been delivered anywhere across Gujarat as per him. The reason given is that TML is waiting for some subsidy approval letter from the state government for the Tiago EV. Once they get this approval from the government (again no timeline committed for this sarkari paperwork ) only then the dispatches and deliveries will commence. One of my friends has a booking in Ahmedabad itself with another dealer, and he was given an identical update.

Will have to wait that much longer, it seems. As a corollary to this, I expect that the Citroen eC3 deliveries will also be delayed in Gujarat as well, compared to the rest of the country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks