Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 16:02   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Did you get any email from Tata that car has been allocated and dispatched etc from factory?
No such communication or official email from Tata, just follow up with your Service Advisor (SA) and in my case the SA provided all the updates.
Old 13th February 2023, 16:38   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
at 11.5 Lakhs on Road, Tata seems to have a great car for city purposes.
Hi, congratulations on your new car! If you don't mind, could you share the breakup of the 11.5 on road price you managed for the XZ+ Tech Lux? The on road price for my booking comes to somewhere around 12.8 for the same variant.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:06   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
Hi, congratulations on your new car! If you don't mind, could you share the breakup of the 11.5 on road price you managed for the XZ+ Tech Lux? The on road price for my booking comes to somewhere around 12.8 for the same variant.

Thanks
Sure, of course. On top of the Ex-Showroom Price of 11.29 Lakh I incurred additional cost of RTO + FasTag 5K, Opted for my Own Insurance and not through dealer who was quoting a whopping 63K, whereas I got it for 21K and no additional accessories opted from Dealer. I wanted to choose my own accessories and didn't want to pay the premium on accessories charged by Tata.
Mile10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:58   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, of course. On top of the Ex-Showroom Price of 11.29 Lakh I incurred additional cost of RTO + FasTag 5K, Opted for my Own Insurance and not through dealer who was quoting a whopping 63K, whereas I got it for 21K and no additional accessories opted from Dealer. I wanted to choose my own accessories and didn't want to pay the premium on accessories charged by Tata.
is this acko insurance or any other reputed company?
Old 14th February 2023, 17:10   #140
BHPian

Has anyone taken delivery of MR (mid-range) vehicle variants?
My SA is hinting that MR delivery will occur April onwards only. I am suspecting a typical sales trick to push customers to go for LR instead with some upselling.

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th February 2023, 20:19   #141

Quote:
My dealer has included an TCS amount of 1% on ex-showroom price, your dealer did not include that?
Old 14th February 2023, 20:29   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
is this acko insurance or any other reputed company?
Acko

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivasblue View Post
My dealer has included an TCS amount of 1% on ex-showroom price, your dealer did not include that?
But this is not a true additional cost as you can set it off against your tax liability for most people as this should be reflected in your Form 26AS. Just a timing difference, pay now and get a benefit during your tax filing.
Mile10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 22:58   #143
BHPian

Quote:
On top of the Ex-Showroom Price of 11.29 Lakh I incurred additional cost of RTO + FasTag 5K, Opted for my Own Insurance and not through dealer who was quoting a whopping 63K, whereas I got it for 21K and no additional accessories
Fair enough, thanks for the break up. For me it is 11.29 + approx. 70K as RTO charges. Insurance quote is 48K, will look up Acko as on option to that. The accessory package is 15K, and the remaining 11K is TCS (which, as you rightly mentioned, will get adjusted in the ITR).

I will also try to ask the dealer about the breakup of the RTO charges and the amount of actual RTO receipts I would get.

BTW do you already have any experience with Acko or is it your first time? Some feedback regarding the claim/settlement experience would be very helpful in deciding to switch to them. Thanks.
Old 15th February 2023, 15:40   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
Fair enough, thanks for the break up. For me it is 11.29 + approx. 70K as RTO charges. Insurance quote is 48K, will look up Acko as on option to that. The accessory package is 15K, and the remaining 11K is TCS (which, as you rightly mentioned, will get adjusted in the ITR).

I will also try to ask the dealer about the breakup of the RTO charges and the amount of actual RTO receipts I would get.

BTW do you already have any experience with Acko or is it your first time? Some feedback regarding the claim/settlement experience would be very helpful in deciding to switch to them. Thanks.
there is some lack of confidence with acko but even insurance providers like HDFC are offering tiago ev top end insurance for about 29-30k
vj_v3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 18:18   #145
BHPian

After having driven the Tiago EV for a week, these are my observations.
  • + Amazing city car, steering is light, turning radius is great and is a breeze to drive within the city. My left foot was very happy last evening after having driven over 100 kms in peak bangalore traffic the whole day.
  • + Regen works well, it is great for crawling traffic and it is possible to do single pedal driving. Only issue is everytime the car is switched on it starts from level 1 as default, even if you had switched off the car from the previous drive at level 3, need to check the manual if there is a way to change the default startup setting for Regen level.
  • + I have driven almost 400 Kms in a week. On 100% charge have got a range of 180Kms with almost 100% airconditioner being on and another time have got 195Kms, all of this in peak bangalore traffic. (dropping kids to school, office commute on ORR)
  • + The auto headlamps feature works great, it is a great feature to have in basement parkings, underpass etc. It works flawlessly.
  • +The white Premium Leatherette Seat Upholstery gets soiled very easily though it is quite easy to clean and looks good, it needs regular maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_0905.jpg  

Mile10 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 17:41   #146
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a Tiago EV XZ+, for what is essentially a 150 km round trip daily commute through the vast Delhi NCR. I did not want to spend more given I have bigger family cars at home, and wanted something small and chuckable through the traffic.

The main things bugging me:
1. Will the 24 KWH model suffice for the round trip with 100% AC on in peak summer, &
2. How likely is the range performance to degrade over the years, and by how much.

Any advice folks?
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 20:38   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have booked a Tiago EV XZ+, for what is essentially a 150 km round trip daily commute through the vast Delhi NCR. I did not want to spend more given I have bigger family cars at home, and wanted something small and chuckable through the traffic.

The main things bugging me:
1. Will the 24 KWH model suffice for the round trip with 100% AC on in peak summer, &
2. How likely is the range performance to degrade over the years, and by how much.

Any advice folks?
1. The 24 KWH model will be sufficient. It's been giving me 200Kms range. the first 150, with no range anxiety, and the last 50 with some anxiety.

2. The degradation should not be more than 10% after first 3-5 years, and 20% in the 6-8th year. So you are looking at a real city range of 180 in 4th year, and 160 in 7th year.
electric.O is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 10:26   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.O View Post
2. The degradation should not be more than 10% after first 3-5 years, and 20% in the 6-8th year. So you are looking at a real city range of 180 in 4th year, and 160 in 7th year.
This level of degradation is very unlikely. Many Nexon EV owners with 2+ years are not seeing anything close to 10% degradation. Even 2021 MG ZS NMC battery version owners are seeing only 2 to 3% in ~2 years. LFP is expected to do even better.
wocanak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 11:00   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
This level of degradation is very unlikely. Many Nexon EV owners with 2+ years are not seeing anything close to 10% degradation. Even 2021 MG ZS NMC battery version owners are seeing only 2 to 3% in ~2 years. LFP is expected to do even better.
I agree to your point. I am just quoting the worst-case scenario. Being a Tiago EV owner myself, from what I have read during my research, I am quoting the boundary cases, which are obviously dependent on indivisual use case as well as good battery care practices.
electric.O is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:48   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.O View Post
1. The 24 KWH model will be sufficient. It's been giving me 200Kms range. the first 150, with no range anxiety, and the last 50 with some anxiety.
Elated to have your response to my questions Sir; thanks.

So, I think I am fairly comfortable with the battery degradation concern, all the more so because my specific use case is unlikely to require frequent DC charging. Most of the times it will be charged overnight using the 3.3KW AC charger.

On the range, given you are also based in Delhi, do you think that the 50 km headroom would suffice for peak summer AC usage as well? Lately it's become significantly warmer out here, so have you seen any drop in range with AC on?

Also, any thoughts on the incoming EC3, given it's at a not too dissimilar pricepoint?
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed