Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2023, 12:42   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 @ Auto Expo 2023

I like the exterior styling of Ioniq 5. Cute.
But the interior is horrible. They should offer all black interior.

This is a good option for a fast RWD @50L on road with negligible running and maintenance costs!
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 13:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfry View Post
Seriously contemplating buying the Ioniq 5. Will be the first EV in the house.

Any knowledgable BHP-ians can throw some light on what the differences between the EV6 and the Ioniq 5 are?
They are both built on the same underlying E-GMP platform, outside India both these cars are sold at a similar price but in India Ioniq 5 is CKD and the EV6 is CBU causing the major difference in price.

The EV6 is considered the more sporty car and the version sold in India has a slightly bigger battery 77kW vs 72kW which is results in better horsepower (about 10 hp) and more range. EV6 is also sold in AWD trim which has over 300hp but lesser range.

The interiors are also quite similar with same dual screen setup but it's an all black interior in the EV6 vs white/grey in Ioniq 5.
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 13:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
They are both built on the same underlying E-GMP platform, outside India both these cars are sold at a similar price but in India Ioniq 5 is CKD and the EV6 is CBU causing the major difference in price.

The EV6 is considered the more sporty car and the version sold in India has a slightly bigger battery 77kW vs 72kW which is results in better horsepower (about 10 hp) and more range. EV6 is also sold in AWD trim which has over 300hp but lesser range.

The interiors are also quite similar with same dual screen setup but it's an all black interior in the EV6 vs white/grey in Ioniq 5.
Appreciate the information.
In that case, I think we'll proceed with the Ioniq 5 mainly due to its introductory pricing.

The car we're buying will be driven by my father and 5KW difference IMO wouldn't be felt expect in terms of absolute range.
ballfry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 09:38   #34
BHPian

I got a call from Hyundai regarding the Ioniq 5. Initially I was a little skeptical. But I showed the car to my wife and she loved it !

If you guys remember the background story, I have been looking for a car for my better half since 15 months now.

I had booked the Skoda Kodiaq, the Jeep Meridian and the XUV 700. All the cars came and went and I had to cancel all of them because she was inclined towards buying and EV. Her budget was 40-50 lacs and no exciting EV was fitting into that budget.

Suddenly yesterday she saw the car and in 10 minutes the booking was done !

I am looking for advice. Have we made the right decision ? It the EV6 better ? Shall we wait more time for the Ioniq 6 to be launched ?

She really doesn’t need a car immediately and can wait for 1 year more easily.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
drjaygoyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 11:48   #35
BHPian

I don't see spare wheel being offered similar to international model, where, instead a mobility kit consisting of liquid sealant and a compressor is provided. It is in no way a replacement for a spare wheel considering Indian road conditions, where road side assistance may not be available everywhere. In case of sidewall ruptures, we have no other option but to wait for tow assistance.

Hope, Hyundai's is providing a temporary spare wheel, atleast as an accessory.
Old 16th January 2023, 14:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
I am looking for advice. Have we made the right decision ? It the EV6 better ? Shall we wait more time for the Ioniq 6 to be launched ?

She really doesn’t need a car immediately and can wait for 1 year more easily.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
IMHO, You made the right decision. EV6 is same as Ioniq5 with sporty looks and AWD option. Unless you need sportier performance car, AWD is not required. Ioniq 6 is altogether a different car and its not upgraded version of Ioniq 5.

Hyundai really priced Ioniq 5 very well in India when compared to other markets. I personally liked looks of Ioniq 5. It is different.
Hawk4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 13:59   #37
BHPian

I'm currently in a conundrum.

Hyundai India insists that the car will be billed at the factory (TN) and that I will be liable for 8% in terms of Road Tax.

Agreed that Telangana has a 20% tax itself, but EV's in Telangana are completely Road Tax exempted.

My RM (assigned by Hyundai India, not the dealership) insisted that they're going to sort this out by the 18th but have not heard back anything since my booking on the 13th.

Any other BHP-ians in the same boat?
Old 19th January 2023, 20:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I'm currently in a conundrum.

Hyundai India insists that the car will be billed at the factory (TN) and that I will be liable for 8% in terms of Road Tax.

Agreed that Telangana has a 20% tax itself, but EV's in Telangana are completely Road Tax exempted.

My RM (assigned by Hyundai India, not the dealership) insisted that they're going to sort this out by the 18th but have not heard back anything since my booking on the 13th.

Any other BHP-ians in the same boat?
What reason are they giving for road tax? Makes no sense in my opinion?

Also how did you get to know about this in the first place.
Old 19th January 2023, 21:01   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like Hyundai India playing safe at the cost of the customer. Please escalate and check.

It's a simple matter for ICE cars where you do a TR in that state for ~5K and drive it to your destination state.
Old 19th January 2023, 21:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
What reason are they giving for road tax? Makes no sense in my opinion?

Also how did you get to know about this in the first place.
They’re saying that they will provide “clarity” in the “next few days”.

Got to know about this issue when I saw my booking docket and realized that I’m being charged road tax when it’s nil for EV’s in Telangana.

When I checked with Hyundai, this is what was informed.
Old 19th January 2023, 21:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
They’re saying that they will provide “clarity” in the “next few days”.

Got to know about this issue when I saw my booking docket and realized that I’m being charged road tax when it’s nil for EV’s in Telangana.

When I checked with Hyundai, this is what was informed.
My booking docket only mentions the 1 L booking amount and registration charges are shown as 0. I made the booking on 11th Jan though.
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 21:42   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The price for the 501st car will be very interesting
I assume it'll be a couple of Lacs more.

Sorry, just catching up on this thread. Sorry if this is already answered.
Old 19th January 2023, 23:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
My booking docket only mentions the 1 L booking amount and registration charges are shown as 0. I made the booking on 11th Jan though.
I think they are constantly making changes to the website. Try & see if you can download a new version of the booklet & see if it's fixed.

Also, talk to your RM & see why registration charges are 0.
NannuBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 23:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
I think they are constantly making changes to the website. Try & see if you can download a new version of the booklet & see if it's fixed.

Also, talk to your RM & see why registration charges are 0.
I am not that bothered about what the website says because they are constantly updating it, I'm sure in the end they will sort things out.

Will check it tommorow as apparently estimated delivery time will be shown tommorow onwards.
koolkunz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 11:08   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I am not that bothered about what the website says because they are constantly updating it, I'm sure in the end they will sort things out.

Will check it tommorow as apparently estimated delivery time will be shown tommorow onwards.
Yes. I’m waiting to hear on the delivery timelines too today.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks