Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2023, 11:48   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
What are the reviews of acko like? How good or bad are they with claims processing?
Never tried for premium cars. Electric is totally new to them. I don't know how will they go about it. But will use their quote to pull down the official quote from the dealer.
rishi7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 09:22   #77
BHPian

Received this information from my booking relationship manager on WhatsApp:

1) On IONIQ 5 Bookings There are no cancellation charges for the customers who place their bookings on or before 28 Feb 2023.

2) We shall start Test Drive of IONIQ 5 from Mid of Feb onwards.
Old 29th January 2023, 13:49   #78
BHPian

Quote:
I know it's early but did anyone who has booked the car manage to get any quotes on the car insurance?
I think the price is quite steep. Should be able to negotiate it down by atleast 50k
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 @ Auto Expo 2023-img20230128wa0000.jpg  

Tokengrip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 17:10   #79
BHPian

Is the official TBHP review of Ioniq expected anytime soon?
Saw this in the showroom and absolutely loved it. In contrast, I have a booking for Hycross and the horrible interior quality is making me question my decision. Hence trying to justify whether the extra 10 lakhs for this are worth or not.
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 17:14   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Is the official TBHP review of Ioniq expected anytime soon?
Saw this in the showroom and absolutely loved it. In contrast, I have a booking for Hycross and the horrible interior quality is making me question my decision. Hence trying to justify whether the extra 10 lakhs for this are worth or not.
Media drive has not happened yet I think as there are no first drive reviews of the Indian version of the car, I guess it will be done near mid February when test drive cars are rolled out to showrooms.
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 18:44   #81
BHPian

Booked the Ioniq 5 in second week on January. Got an email on Jan 27th saying we are amongst the first 500 buyers and will be getting the car at the introductory price of 44.95 lacs. This is what's mentioned in the email I received - "Regarding delivery, please note that tentatively your vehicle is scheduled to be dispatched from our plant at Chennai at the end of June'23. " Seeing June'23 was disappointing as I was expecting deliveries to start in Feb'23 as per Hyundai's previous communications.

Relationship manager assigned post booking has indicated Test-drive's will begin from Mid to late Feb onwards in Mumbai. I have the option to cancel before Feb 28th for a full refund of the booking amount. The test drive will be the deciding factor for me as I am a but skeptical regarding the GC. Hoping they start the TD's before Feb 28th.

Has anyone seen the Matt Gold colour in any of the Mumbai showrooms? I have only found the white and black on display wherever I checked.
Old 30th January 2023, 10:38   #82
BHPian

Went to see the display vehicle at Kothari Hyundai at Shankar Sheth Road, Pune. It's a huge massive vehicle. Dimensions are equivalent to BMW X3 that we have at home. But it feels more spacious inside than a X3 due to the minimalistic interiors that Hyundai has put, which is good actually.

What I did not like was the lack of:
1. Head-up Display
2. Moving the car forward & in reverse using the key fob.

If we are going to pay 48 Lacs, then definitely the Head-up Display should've been there (EV6 has) and remote movement of vehicle using key fob. Somehow, Hyundai ends up doing this all the time, these small "chindigiri".

I had Kona EV prior to this, but the audio system wasn't great but a sub-12Lac Creta had Bose sound system. Beats me!!

Also - step-motherly treatment for India, where rest of the world gets awesome features but not us. Kona EV was not offered with the 64W trim in India. Ioniq 5 should've been offered with more features and with AWD. Who takes, takes, who doesn't, doesn't. The offer should've been placed on the table and left for consumers to decide what they wish to take, rather than the other way round.

Just my 2 cents on these thoughts.

But other than this, the vehicle is just awesome with the other features. The Bose sound system really did impress me a lot. Blind spot monitor, Adaptive cruise control, Lane keep assist, 360 degree camera, reclining rear seats. Just wonderful. Hoping they'll deliver it quicker than the promised end-of-may for me.
NannuBhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 10:44   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannuBhai View Post
Went to see the display vehicle at Kothari Hyundai at Shankar Sheth Road, Pune. It's a huge massive vehicle. Dimensions are equivalent to BMW X3 that we have at home. But it feels more spacious inside than a X3 due to the minimalistic interiors that Hyundai has put, which is good actually.

What I did not like was the lack of:
1. Head-up Display
2. Moving the car forward & in reverse using the key fob.

If we are going to pay 48 Lacs, then definitely the Head-up Display should've been there (EV6 has) and remote movement of vehicle using key fob. Somehow, Hyundai ends up doing this all the time, these small "chindigiri".

I had Kona EV prior to this, but the audio system wasn't great but a sub-12Lac Creta had Bose sound system. Beats me!!

Also - step-motherly treatment for India, where rest of the world gets awesome features but not us. Kona EV was not offered with the 64W trim in India. Ioniq 5 should've been offered with more features and with AWD. Who takes, takes, who doesn't, doesn't. The offer should've been placed on the table and left for consumers to decide what they wish to take, rather than the other way round.

Just my 2 cents on these thoughts.

But other than this, the vehicle is just awesome with the other features. The Bose sound system really did impress me a lot. Blind spot monitor, Adaptive cruise control, Lane keep assist, 360 degree camera, reclining rear seats. Just wonderful. Hoping they'll deliver it quicker than the promised end-of-may for me.
I think an AWD variant will be launched in the future.
I don't mind the key fob parking feature but do feel that the HUD should've been there.
Old 30th January 2023, 10:48   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I think an AWD variant will be launched in the future.
I don't mind the key fob parking feature but do feel that the HUD should've been there.
Till date, they haven't launched the 64W variant of Kona EV. I do not think they will launch the AWD variant of Ioniq 5.

Last edited by NannuBhai : 30th January 2023 at 10:59.
Old 30th January 2023, 23:50   #85
BHPian

It seems the 500 bookings are done and the price now is increased by 1 lakh i.e 45.95 Lakhs. Can see this on the click to buy website.

Last edited by koolkunz : 30th January 2023 at 23:59.
koolkunz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 10:05   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I don't know why Hyundai insist on calling this an SUV! Great car, still not an SUV!
To me it looked like a retro golf/lancia, but plenty of videos out there saying the car is a lot bigger in real life. Even Car and Driver, USA refers to it as an SUV, comparing it with a Tucson : https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...undai-ioniq-5/

"Overall length is a mere 0.2 inch greater than Hyundai's compact Tucson, but the Ioniq 5's wheelbase is 3.9 inches longer than the three-row Palisade's. The Ioniq 5's stance affords it ample passenger space, and the three-adult rear bench has more rear legroom than a Genesis G90. Large windows and an open and flat front floor enhance the cabin's spacious feel."

I think in person this car will surprise us.

Also, at 47.5 OTR Mumbai, I am surprised at that there are few comments saying it is not value for money. I personally think it is better value than everything from a Superb, Tucscon, Tiguan, to the X1, a4s/320ds/Cs, X40Recharges. It is modern, will be faster and more frugal than anyone of them, with comparable if not better space on offer. And distinct. The Ev6 too, but is 30% more expensive.
srgntpepper is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2023, 03:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hard to say as such but you can compare the dimensions online on a website like carsized.

It's definitely bigger than the X1 though.
I own an EV6 and a F25 LCI X3. I’d say they are on par. The Kia is a bit longer but the Ioniq is a bit shorter than my X3. Have booked the Ioniq as well and confirmed for the first 500. But I’m assuming delivery will be in April. Will be taking my EV6 to go check out the Ioniq 5. Maybe I can convince them to do a side by side photo.
Old 5th February 2023, 22:24   #88
BHPian

Quote:
They are both built on the same underlying E-GMP platform, outside India both these cars are sold at a similar price but in India Ioniq 5 is CKD and the EV6 is CBU causing the major difference in price.

The EV6 is considered the more sporty car and the version sold in India has a slightly bigger battery 77kW vs 72kW which is results in better horsepower (about 10 hp) and more range. EV6 is also sold in AWD trim which has over 300hp but lesser range.

The interiors are also quite similar with same dual screen setup but it's an all black interior in the EV6 vs white/grey in Ioniq 5.
Actually horsepower has nothing to do with battery capacity. They’re both on the same platform and have almost similar motor efficiency and battery tech. The EV6, which I own right now, will have the same if not slightly better range because of the extra 5KWh in the battery.

The main differentiator is the Ioniq will be RWD only with a single 225 HP motor at the back. The EV6 has a 325 HP because it adds a 99HP motor at the front.

We’re getting a Real World range of around 500km on the EV6. I expect somewhat similar numbers on the Ioniq 5 because despite having just 1 motor, it is less aerodynamic and the 20 inch wheels reduce range compared to the 19s on the EV6 and the smaller battery of 72.6KWh.

You barely lose any features tbh. You lose the HUD but gain rear heated seats and the bigger sunroof.

In fact, we’re so happy with our EV6 that we’ve also booked the Ioniq 5 as well instead of the BYD.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 22:26   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Actually horsepower has nothing to do with battery capacity. They’re both on the same platform and have almost similar motor efficiency and battery tech. The EV6, which I own right now, will have the same if not slightly better range because of the extra 5KWh in the battery.

The main differentiator is the Ioniq will be RWD only with a single 225 HP motor at the back. The EV6 has a 325 HP because it adds a 99HP motor at the front.

We’re getting a Real World range of around 500km on the EV6. I expect somewhat similar numbers on the Ioniq 5 because despite having just 1 motor, it is less aerodynamic and the 20 inch wheels reduce range compared to the 19s on the EV6 and the smaller battery of 72.6KWh.

You barely lose any features tbh. You lose the HUD but gain rear heated seats and the bigger sunroof.

In fact, we’re so happy with our EV6 that we’ve also booked the Ioniq 5 as well instead of the BYD.
EV6 is sold in RWD version also in India, I was comparing that with the Ioniq 5 RWD.

EV6 RWD with 77kWh battery produces 229 hp whereas Ioniq 5 with 72kWh battery produces 214 hp.

Similarly the Ioniq 5 RWD 77kWh battery version sold outside India prodocues 228 hp. So battery capacity does indeed have an impact on the horsepower.

Last edited by koolkunz : 5th February 2023 at 22:32.
Old 5th February 2023, 22:30   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
I got a call from Hyundai regarding the Ioniq 5. Initially I was a little skeptical. But I showed the car to my wife and she loved it !

If you guys remember the background story, I have been looking for a car for my better half since 15 months now.

I had booked the Skoda Kodiaq, the Jeep Meridian and the XUV 700. All the cars came and went and I had to cancel all of them because she was inclined towards buying and EV. Her budget was 40-50 lacs and no exciting EV was fitting into that budget.

Suddenly yesterday she saw the car and in 10 minutes the booking was done !

I am looking for advice. Have we made the right decision ? It the EV6 better ? Shall we wait more time for the Ioniq 6 to be launched ?

She really doesn’t need a car immediately and can wait for 1 year more easily.

Looking forward to suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Sir it’s absolutely the right call. You will be very happy with it, I believe. You will never get the use the EV6’s full power in Mumbai’s traffic/roads anyway. And the single motor Ioniq is no slouch either. The brighter cabin might also be a plus. Plus the magnetic pad next to the instrument cluster display is also a unique touch where you can get stuck magnets of your liking be it family photos or travel memorabilia.

What color did you book? I’ve booked the gold matte.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks