Hyundai Kona EV 8 4.28%
Hyundai Ioniq 5 105 56.15%
Others (please specify in your post) 10 5.35%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 14:48   #16
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 vs Hyundai Ioniq 5 vs MG ZS EV vs others

Atto3. Will take the blade batteries any day over the others. Ioniq5 has impractical wheels for India and I do not trust Hyundai's LG batteries yet. Ioniq has lower GC too. The back seats are not comfortable either. It is also a very big car.

The ZS EV excite is still incredible VFM but the 10 extra kWh and blade technology are totally worth it IMO. Fair price for the Atto3 would have been 28-30L but the premium vs the ZS is largely because of taxation rates between CKD and SKD.

Kona is old and no one should be buying this.
Old 24th January 2023, 17:10   #17
BHPian

Voted: ZS

This was always the game plan with the EV6 and Ioniq 5. The EV6 was presenting itself as a 'luxury' EV with a higher-than-reasonable price and then the Ioniq 5 comes at a lower-than-reasonable price point to give the perception of value.

But, the ZS is enough to fulfill my EV needs and wants. It has luxury car-like touchpoints and driving feel. The tuning of the motor is spot on based on my brief driving experience. It requires no adapting and I was comfortable with the motor's behavior in 2 min. So, anything beyond the ZS I'm spending is only for the Wants. Sure. A 2 crore S Class at 50 lakh is a solid value but for someone considering an S-class (or at least a C class) in the first place.

For me, the ZS is a good fit. Luxury car feel and EV ownership costs at a significantly lower price than even an entry-level luxury car.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 24th January 2023 at 17:13.
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 18:12   #18

I vote for the BMW i4.
I think the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and the Kia EV6 make for compelling EVs to buy. But the BMW i4? Far more attractive as a package!
It represents what is the most complete EV in India, at the moment. The BMW i7 is also a strong contender, but the price is many times higher.

Last edited by Shoury A Dasari : 24th January 2023 at 18:30. Reason: Adding a clarification :)
Old 24th January 2023, 21:29   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

We need to have some criteria for comparison --
1. Official reviews by team-BHP
2. Actual real world range ( ex 350 -400 KM, 400 - 450 KM, 450 - 500 KM etc)
or get WLTP numbers for comparison
3. Battery ( which was given ), but some cutoff for battery maybe 50 kWh
4. Charging rate should be minimum 7 kW AC, which I believe most modern EV cars have, if they are not, then a major negative point. etc.

We can also then do comparison of medium range - 250 - 350 KM ( ex Nexon, Mahindra, Kona etc) and above 50kWh battery may be reserved for long range.

Again medium range and long range is subjective to Indian market.
Battery charging "speed" is not important for lets say EV6, Ionic 5, BYD Atto 3 etc. because of scarcity of fast speed DC chargers above 50kW, and most of the times EV is charged while being parked at home/office/ etc.
Charging speed/rate also gets affected if in case you are awaiting for a vehicle who is ahead of you and its charging at a slower DC rate. Thus atleast it should not be a criteria for atleast next 3 years till our DC fast charging infrastructure catches up. Even in West, there are issues of ICE cars blocking EV charging ports, or EV owners not moving their cars when it is charged, because they are at a restaurant, thus inconveniencing other customers. Thus home/office EV charging is the best, and EV DC charging rate should not be a factor.

Last edited by vtires2018 : 24th January 2023 at 21:35. Reason: adding not
Old 24th January 2023, 22:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Keeping in mind XUV 400 EL, voted for 'Others'.
Specifications wise, XUV 400 EL is similar or better than Hyundai Kona EV.

Take a look.
Attached Images

Old 24th January 2023, 22:50   #21

As a newbie I cannot vote but if I had the option then I would have voted for MG ZS EV.
Of all the the options the ZS EV has the highest value proposition of all. It has good enough range and performance for the price it is offered at and is pretty much an established product in the Indian market. My second pick would be the Ioniq 5. The amount of technology at offer and being built in a proper EV platform gives it some real credibility. Also thanks to the price gap between Ioniq 5 and the Kia EV6 the Ioniq 5 feels like even more value for money.

Most Viewed