Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2023, 19:47   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

I have generated 2 quotes for zero dep insurance. The first one is from Acko around 68K and another one from Royal Sundaram for 83K. I am thinking of going ahead with Royal Sundaram as my dealer's workshop is listed under cashless by them.
Old 30th March 2023, 19:50   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
I am unsure of this TR. Does it mean that any damage during transit is covered under my insurance? I have asked dealer to get me the clarification.
Yes that seems to be the only hitch in this process. I too thought about it but I don't think hyundai will change this process. If any damage I am not going to except the car and I am sure Hyundai will not want to have bad publicity for their process.🤞
Old 30th March 2023, 19:55   #108
BHPian

Quote:
I have generated 2 quotes for zero dep insurance. The first one is from Acko around 68K and another one from Royal Sundaram for 83K. I am thinking of going ahead with Royal Sundaram as my dealer's workshop is listed under cashless by them.
Is these excluding Gst
Old 30th March 2023, 19:58   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
Is these excluding Gst
Sorry, forgot to mention this. Yes, the price in both cases does not include GST.
Old 31st March 2023, 13:11   #110
BHPian

What about extended warranty? Did anyone get a quote from Hyundai for the 5 year extended warranty?
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 19:26   #111
BHPian

Quote:
For 1 year comprehensive and 2 year third party? I got a quote for 1,10,000.
Old 31st March 2023, 22:05   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
For 1 year comprehensive and 2 year third party? I got a quote for 1,10,000.
I got from icici lombard Rs 96000 incl GST with zero dep (42.7 lacs Idv) I think it is the cheapest except acko which I am doubtful about.

Last edited by rishi7 : 31st March 2023 at 22:06.
Old 31st March 2023, 22:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I got the same for Acko, using their website. But I'm getting about 100K + GST for Royal Sundaram zero dep. Did you adjust the IDV? I'm using 95% of ex-showroom as per IRDAI recommendation.

Quote:
I got from icici lombard Rs 96000 incl GST with zero dep (42.7 lacs Idv) I think it is the cheapest except acko which I am doubtful about.
I got 142K inc GST for ICICI Lombard, and they don't want to negotiate. How come you're getting only 96k! I also got 138k with HDFC Ergo, but this is per an IDV of 45L as the ex-showroom is incorrectly defined as 52L in their system.

I guess insurance companies are getting pretty random with their quotes. For example Chola quoted 202K and then changed it to 80k after I told them others are cheaper. Of course, I've decided not to go for Chola after reading about the experiences of others on team-bhp.

I've already made the payment and all I need to do is to send the insurance to get my car on transit, so I'm looking to buy a policy tomorrow!
Old 31st March 2023, 23:44   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post

I got 142K inc GST for ICICI Lombard, and they don't want to negotiate. How come you're getting only 96k
It's negotiated offline from my bank here. I am awaiting for any better quotes or else will go with it.
Me too need to upload the insurance by Monday for the transit.

Last edited by rishi7 : 31st March 2023 at 23:53.
Old 1st April 2023, 18:44   #115
BHPian

Quote:
It's negotiated offline from my bank here. I am awaiting for any better quotes or else will go with it.
Me too need to upload the insurance by Monday for the transit.
Can’t wait to have an Ioniq 5 meetup!

I ended up going for Royal Sundaram at 91.5 + taxes. This includes zero dep, key addon, tyre addon, RSA, RTI, and engine protector. I was told that the rates in North are at a slight premium to South because of a higher accident rate. Can’t blame them!
Old 1st April 2023, 18:53   #116
BHPian

Quote:

I ended up going for Royal Sundaram at 91.5 + taxes. This includes zero dep, key addon, tyre addon, RSA, RTI, and engine protector. I was told that the rates in North are at a slight premium to South because of a higher accident rate. Can’t blame them!
But if you wanted I could have got yours done at cheaper from my agent. Anyway do you require engine protect. Even rsa is included with the car.
Old 1st April 2023, 18:55   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Yes we should and also form an ioniq group too to help each other.
Old 1st April 2023, 19:34   #118
BHPian

Quote:
But if you wanted I could have got yours done at cheaper from my agent. Anyway do you require engine protect. Even rsa is included with the car.
This may sound hard to believe, but taking some of these addons somehow reduced the overall cost of insurance when I tried from their website.

The agent was stumped too, and thought some internal discount was getting automatically applied. RSA was only INR 200 for the advanced plan, which made it totally worth the failover assuming Hyundai and RS use different agencies.
ricky_speed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 20:08   #119
BHPian

Quote:
This may sound hard to believe, but taking some of these addons somehow reduced the overall cost of insurance when I tried from their website.

The agent was stumped too, and thought some internal discount was getting automatically applied. RSA was only INR 200 for the advanced plan, which made it totally worth the failover assuming Hyundai and RS use different agencies.
Yes that is crazy, these insurance quotes are all over the place. How many days are they saying for the transit now?
Old 1st April 2023, 20:41   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that is crazy, these insurance quotes are all over the place. How many days are they saying for the transit now?
Two days for the temporary registration in Chennai. Ten days for transit, assuming it’s loaded immediately. And another couple of days for the Delhi registration. Mid-April seems like the best case scenario.

Other things on my mind:

1. No word on accessories yet. I’m really keen on the accessories, especially the door mirror caps, bicycle carrier and maybe the trim lines.

2. Any idea where to find a space saver? Ideally a thin T155/90R18 W as available in US at modern spare (https://modernspare.com/product/2021...e-kit-options/)

3. The matte PPF prices from 3M and Ceramic Pro are making me dizzy. Wanted to get it done asap because any scratch would look especially bad, and be hard to fix, in the matte finish gravity gold. Only reasonable price is from the detailing mafia at 60k.

4. Dashcam: there appear to be some neat options for front dashcams, but no clean solution for a rear dashcam.

5. Bluelink app registration never gives me an email OTP. Have been trying for over a week now.

I think that’s plenty of things to keep busy until the car arrives!
ricky_speed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks