Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 21:56   #121
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_speed View Post

I think that’s plenty of things to keep busy until the car arrives!
I am getting the invoice on Monday so my car could take maybe a day or two after, unless they decide to send all the NCR cars together for the first lot.

Will connect if I find a few accesories you mentioned.
Old 2nd April 2023, 14:10   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Two days for the temporary registration in Chennai. Ten days for transit, assuming it’s loaded immediately. And another couple of days for the Delhi registration. Mid-April seems like the best case scenario.

Other things on my mind:

1. No word on accessories yet. I’m really keen on the accessories, especially the door mirror caps, bicycle carrier and maybe the trim lines.

2. Any idea where to find a space saver? Ideally a thin T155/90R18 W as available in US at modern spare (https://modernspare.com/product/2021...e-kit-options/)

3. The matte PPF prices from 3M and Ceramic Pro are making me dizzy. Wanted to get it done asap because any scratch would look especially bad, and be hard to fix, in the matte finish gravity gold. Only reasonable price is from the detailing mafia at 60k.

4. Dashcam: there appear to be some neat options for front dashcams, but no clean solution for a rear dashcam.

5. Bluelink app registration never gives me an email OTP. Have been trying for over a week now.

I think that’s plenty of things to keep busy until the car arrives!
As someone who’s been in the detailing industry for 9+ years, let me just say, please don’t go for cheap PPF. It’s better to not do the PPF at all. The cheaper PPFs are straight white label imports from China with no quality assurance. Better to not do PPF in that case. I’ve seen it happen so often thag customers opt for cheaper ppf but when it ruins the paint, it throws them completely off PPF, Which is a great product for protection. Especially for matte paint.

My EV6 has full PPF on it and it was expensive but totally worth the peace of mind. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-86d5906976f542539c6bb7de0960480e.jpeg
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 16:04   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
As someone who’s been in the detailing industry for 9+ years, let me just say, please don’t go for cheap PPF. It’s better to not do the PPF at all. The cheaper PPFs are straight white label imports from China with no quality assurance. Better to not do PPF in that case. I’ve seen it happen so often thag customers opt for cheaper ppf but when it ruins the paint, it throws them completely off PPF, Which is a great product for protection. Especially for matte paint.

My EV6 has full PPF on it and it was expensive but totally worth the peace of mind. Attachment 2436335
Thanks for the pic of your EV6! Yes I couldn't find a definitive review on team-bhp about the UltrashieldX from detailing mafia, but I saw bad reviews for both 3M and ceramic pro, so I've been undecided. Any suggestions for a VFM option for a matte finish?
ricky_speed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:31   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic of your EV6! Yes I couldn't find a definitive review on team-bhp about the UltrashieldX from detailing mafia, but I saw bad reviews for both 3M and ceramic pro, so I've been undecided. Any suggestions for a VFM option for a matte finish?
Llumar has a basic matte ppf in the pipeline but I am not sure if it’s launched yet. Xpel has the best matte ppf but it’s priced higher than any other ppf.
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 22:12   #125
BHPian

Fun fact about the Ioniq 5: The VIN isn't the standard 19 digit Hyundai VIN as in the team-bhp guide. Instead, we get a 17 digit VIN:

MAL K M81 A * P M ******

1. The first three digits MAL represent Hyundai Motor India, Car. Here M stands for India, A stands for Hyundai, and L stands for LMV (Car).

2. The fourth char K is common for both Kona and the 2022-23 Ioniq 5.

3. The fifth, sixth and seventh chars M81 represent the body style and trim.

4. The eighth char A represents the engine: Ioniq 5 Electric RWD.

5. The ninth char is a check digit to validate if the VIN is proper.

6. The tenth char P is the model / manufacturing year 2023.

7. The eleventh char M is the assembly plant in Chennai, India.

8. The last 6 digits are the serial number / production sequence number.

Further reading:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicl...ndai/VIN_Codes
https://getjerry.com/car-insurance/h...-a-hyundai-vin

Last edited by ricky_speed : 2nd April 2023 at 22:34. Reason: added explanation for 9th char
ricky_speed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:45   #126
BHPian

Got my comprehensive+zerodep+consumable 1+3 insurance from ICICI lombard for under 90000 (incl GST), seemed the best option.

If anyone want can get you connected with my agent.
rishi7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:50   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
Got my comprehensive+zerodep+consumable 1+3 insurance from ICICI lombard for under 90000 (incl GST), seemed the best option.

Did this include any no claim bonus being transferred from a car you owned previously?
Old 3rd April 2023, 15:07   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Did this include any no claim bonus being transferred from a car you owned previously?
No its fresh with idv of 42.7 lacs
rishi7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 11:24   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post

In Bangalore, I went ahead with Royal Sundaram at 96K inclusive of GST. The insurance is zero dep with host of other covers like tyre, RSA, Key etc.
raghavv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 12:06   #130
BHPian

Okay so my car has been invoiced and it will
Be the 3rd car to be delivered in Maharashtra. At least that is what the dealer told me. First two went to names too big to mention here. ��
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 21:34   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Okay so my car has been invoiced and it will
Be the 3rd car to be delivered in Maharashtra. At least that is what the dealer told me. First two went to names too big to mention here. ��
Congratulations!

After getting my invoice last Friday evening, and submitting insurance on Sat evening, I finally got my temp registration in Chennai today. The registration itself took only a couple of hours, once people at the Chennai plant called to ask for an OTP for the RTO process.

The planned dispatch to Delhi is tomorrow, with a transit time of ~9 days. Still, no word on accessories or extended warranty. I guess I’ll buy some generic foot mats!
ricky_speed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 23:29   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

After getting my invoice last Friday evening, and submitting insurance on Sat evening, I finally got my temp registration in Chennai today. The registration itself took only a couple of hours, once people at the Chennai plant called to ask for an OTP for the RTO process.

The planned dispatch to Delhi is tomorrow, with a transit time of ~9 days. Still, no word on accessories or extended warranty. I guess I’ll buy some generic foot mats!
I have got a list of exclusive Ioniq 5 accessaries from the dealer at price 35K. Didn't your dealer share it with you?
Old 7th April 2023, 00:34   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
I have got a list of exclusive Ioniq 5 accessaries from the dealer at price 35K. Didn't your dealer share it with you?
Please share it here
Old 7th April 2023, 01:03   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Please share it here
Please find the attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-ioniq-5-accessaries-pack.jpeg  

raghavv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 09:38   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Please find the attached screenshot.
Super helpful, I've shared it with the local franchisee who had no idea

Separately, are there any specially designed seat cover options for ventilated / heated seats? It's just that the white color interior will get dirty easily, so seat covers would be nice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks