Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2023, 12:46   #1

Solved! Knocking sound & driveshaft issue in my Tata Nexon EV Max

I bought a NEXON EV MAX after finding the contact on OLX. The first owner was a techie, he had used it for about 5k km. The vehicle looked brand new with some of the covers still intact. I had Cars24 come and inspect the car, and after a lot of thought, I decided to take the plunge and bought it for 17 lakhs.

Now, immediately after the purchase, I observed that there was a knocking sound which came only when I pressed the throttle or decelerated (basically when the inertia of the car changed). It was not audible when cruising at a constant speed, so I took the car to the nearest Tata service centre (Prerana Motors, Peenya) and after one inspection, they diagnosed the problem as a driveshaft issue. Apparently the driveshaft is of a different type in some of the vehicles, and the washer in the driveshaft is faulty causing the "tak,tak" noise when accelerating or decelerating

After a couple of days of waiting for the parts to arrive, the driveshaft was replaced under warranty. The SA said that these kinds of issues were commonly being faced by some Nexon EV and some Nexon EV Max customers, so I decided to pen down my story, in case anyone else has faced these kinds of issues, it could be discussed here.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2023 at 12:45. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts. Please type your posts out perfectly (language, punctuation, grammar, spacing, capitalization)
psygoon is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 31st March 2023, 23:26   #2
BHPian

re: Solved! Knocking sound & driveshaft issue in my Tata Nexon EV Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by psygoon View Post
I had cars 24 come and inspect the car.
So what "inspection" did they really do here? Didnt find a glaring issue? Could it really have started exactly after you purchased?
TheRandomGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 11:47   #3

re: Solved! Knocking sound & driveshaft issue in my Tata Nexon EV Max

The inspection was actually namesake, they saw the car and offered 16lakhs, it was just my way of making sure that there was nothing TOO WRONG with the car, but then, they were so dumb that they did not understand the diffecence between nexon ev prime and max, their initial offer was 12 lakhs and after i told them it was max they increased it to 16 lahks over a couple of phone calls.
psygoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 17:40   #4
BHPian

Re: Solved! Knocking sound & driveshaft issue in my Tata Nexon EV Max

Hi

I have a similar issue with my EV max. Had it worked upon by the team here at TAMO service (Tirunelveli, TN). The noise was absent for some time but now its back again after a couple of months.

My SA said he's checked everything and made the necessary replacement under warranty under instructions from TAMO, Pune. Every time they don't seem to have a clue.

I'm scared to go back there again as they would keep my car for days together for an inspection.

If you could please help folks like me with the job card details or share an invoice of the work done as well as the part replaced, it would be of immense help.

Thanks, in advance.
Old 9th April 2023, 08:15   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post

If you could please help folks like me with the job card details or share an invoice of the work done as well as the part replaced, it would be of immense help.

Thanks, in advance.
I have been trying to get the job card info , but there are some issues

1. RC is still not transferred to my name , so TAMO doesn't allow me to easily make ownership related edits in any apps

2. The TMSC app which is capable of showing the job card was installed and some hacks were made and OTPs were sought from the previous owner and the car was added to my account and it was showing fine before the service .However,after an update , went caput and deregistered my car , and wouldn't allow me to add , this was discussed in team BHP forum and I got to know that there is a new app for EVs

3. I installed the new app and again after solving the ownership issues with some workarounds the app shows the job cards , but when I click on it to access the details , it doesnt open . Here is a screenshot ...

I asked the previous owner if he has recieved any email with the job card details , he is reluctant to check any of it , so is the S.A whose contact i have .

[ATTACH=IMG_20230409_081320.jpg]Solved! Knocking sound & driveshaft issue in my Tata Nexon EV Max-screenshot_20230409080817993_com.tatamotors.evcustomercare.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Solved! Knocking sound & driveshaft issue in my Tata Nexon EV Max-img_20230409_081320.jpg  

psygoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 08:08   #6
BHPian

Thanks for the info.

I understand your pain, as even I’ve gone through the same ordeal with the TMSC app.

A simple service booking can’t be done without any glitches with it. If your vehicle has gone through an issue like this it’s either entered in the system as “campaign “ or “running repairs “ which is useless.

I try to get the part name from my SA or sometimes may be even record his conversations ( without his permission) to quote about it later.

You can even watch a pizza being made. You can never watch your car being serviced or repaired inside a TAMO service centre.
Old 28th April 2023, 10:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by psygoon View Post
Now, immediately after the purchase, I observed that there was a knocking sound which came only when I pressed the throttle or decelerated (basically when the inertia of the car changed).
I am facing same issue but the sound as I reckon, comes from rear end, it comes on harsh acceleration or deacceleration and sometimes if I go over a speed bump. In some groups they say its the rear wheel lug nut issue but I had them inspected nothing wrong there. If possible when you get a chance please post the part number so that I can tell TASS to inspect and fix it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks