Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 19:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_80 View Post
If you are a self employed person, (salaried people are exempted from this great scheme :-P), you buy Reva as your capital investment. Then you claim 80% depreciation of that investment in the first year itself, deducting your taxable income by 4L. That is, if your income is 6laks that year, buying a Reva will deduct your taxable income to 2L saving you on the income tax. We will NOT get the 4 lakh rupees back.
Time to ask Akshay Khanna if he is classified as a self-employed or salaried person to get the Reva free after 2 years !! I thought actors come in the 'paid' category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
All the big malls have special parking places for Revas with a charging point.
Thats news to me ! Next visit to big malls, I need to open my eyes wide and start realising the facilities provided for different classes of customers ! cheers:
Old 12th June 2008, 20:54   #32
BHPian

Even some offices have Reva "bays", where the parked Revas can be charged while their owners slog in office.

Off topic: generally these "Reserved reva parking" areas are where no other car will fit. Like in my office where it is under an electricity transformer
Old 12th June 2008, 21:08   #33
BHPian

Hey guys I think in addition to saving it's owner 4 Lakhs, the owner can very proudly say that his/her Reva is just like the Corvette Z06, rear wheel drive and a plastic body.
Unfortunatley, or should I say fortunately, thats where the similarity ends.

Anyways here in England, The Reva or "G-Whizz" as it is known here, is not even classified as a car, it is classified as a Quadricycle. Being a Quadricycle, its exempt from European crash test requirements.

Moral of the story: The Reva saves you money. But would you really want to save money this way?
Old 12th June 2008, 23:36   #34
BHPian

Some time back at an auto show in Bangalore I saw a reva variation (yet to be released) which is 2 door, convertible. Looked very trendy and practical.
Not sure when it will be released, but that is what I was looking out for, not the existing match box.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Some time back at an auto show in Bangalore I saw a reva variation (yet to be released) which is 2 door, convertible. Looked very trendy and practical.
Not sure when it will be released, but that is what I was looking out for, not the existing match box.
Thats Reva NXG. Range of 200km and top speed of 120 kph
Launched at EVS 21 in Monaco in April 2005 by Mr. Kapil Sibal, Minister of Science and Technology.

Check out this link: News and Events

The showroom person told that it will be available only after 2 years because it is still in the prototype stage. I dont believe him because as per the Reva website, NXG technology has been launched in April 2005.

I think Mainis are waiting for the right time to launch it in India.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_80 View Post
Even some offices have Reva "bays", where the parked Revas can be charged while their owners slog in office.

Off topic: generally these "Reserved reva parking" areas are where no other car will fit. Like in my office where it is under an electricity transformer
Under an electricity transformer ??!!! Its guranteed no other car can even dream of getting there ! But the Reva owner should take extra precaution not to get electricuted by hitting his head or hand on the electric poles at ingress/egress time
Old 19th June 2008, 23:22   #37
BHPian

reva for autos

the govt should make it tax free and provide loans for these to be run as autos - no sound, no pollution and limited acceleration
Old 22nd June 2008, 14:22   #38
BHPian

Post Edited by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users. Do also avoid using excessive dots.........like.........this.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
the govt should make it tax free and provide loans for these to be run as autos - no sound, no pollution and limited acceleration

Good idea but I wonder if it would be able to seat more than one person besides the driver.... in that case i guess the motorcycle taxis used in goa would be a better alternative. Will save a lot of money too ...

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2008 at 13:30.
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Anyways here in England, The Reva or "G-Whizz" as it is known here, is not even classified as a car, it is classified as a Quadricycle. Being a Quadricycle, its exempt from European crash test requirements.
That brings back memories of the Top Gear comparison of the G Whiz vs. Table.

It was actually scary how badly the Reva got damaged after just hitting a wooden table..

I can only imagine what will happen it is in a accident with a Tata Sumo!

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 02:37. Reason: Inappropriate language is not acceptable on Team-BHP. Please read the rules.
AbhiJ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:00   #40
BHPian

I had seen a couple of Revas on Delhi roads, I liked this small car. Today for the first time I had the opportunity to have a closer look at the Reva as I found one in my office parking.

But the moment I went close, I realised what a piece of junk it is. The build quality is pathetic. Interiors are worse then the exteriors and with all the safety concerns and price the only thing that comes to mind is "stay away from this crap".
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:14   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

well said sir
im with you- it would make a lot of sense - and we can all breathe in piece and not have our eardrums part company from our heads each time an auto rickshaw goes by

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd June 2008 at 15:15.
Old 25th June 2008, 16:00   #42
BHPian

Runs in battery . A fully charged battery would run the car for 80 KMs.
Running cost = 40 paise/ KM
But the battery is a really costly one and one would have to spend a lot in its maintainance.

Note from Mod : Post edited. Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (wud = would, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2008 at 23:35. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 25th June 2008, 18:00   #43
tez
BHPian

sans the battery and engine, will it be possible to make reva into a paddle driven cycle
Old 15th July 2008, 11:34   #44
jp1
BHPian

Reva sold 1 car a day in UK!

According to industry statistics, in 2007, on an average, REVA sold one electric car per day in the United Kingdom.

see the full story

domain-b.com : Frost & Sullivan selects REVA for 2008 European automotive powertrain company award
Old 15th July 2008, 14:02   #45
BHPian

I have been seriously thinking of selling the Wagon R and buying a Reva, parking and running will be better, and we'll be contributing to the environmental cause too !

secondly, I just felt that if laptop batteries get killed with age, what would happen to these batteries, I guess we need something better than the Reva, or a reva which is better that would make a lot more sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks