Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2010, 10:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

Raghu,

Thats a good spot! It looks futuristic for sure. M & M seems to be going in the right direction as far as thier acquisitions are concerned.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:49   #62
BHPian

Thanks, Raghu. This looks so much better than the old Reva, which literally looked like a little thing that was afraid of everything else on the road.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:20   #63
BHPian

nice one ! looks neat.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Raghu,

Thats a good spot! It looks futuristic for sure. M & M seems to be going in the right direction as far as thier acquisitions are concerned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
Thanks, Raghu. This looks so much better than the old Reva, which literally looked like a little thing that was afraid of everything else on the road.
Absolutely I was so pleased to see it, I guess I have made up my mind, I would be out in market in another 9months for a perfect small/hatch car for my lady and probably it would be this REVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
nice one ! looks neat.
yes
Old 20th June 2010, 12:23   #65
BHPian

Spotted the NXR Reva at the Sony World signal near Oasis mall, Koramangala at 13:30 yesterday.

Looked futuristic, good metallic lustrous paint, grip handles but I thought panel gaps were wide and uneven.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-19062010040.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-19062010041.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-19062010042.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-19062010043.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-19062010045.jpg  

pics : New Reva spotted in B'lore !-19062010046.jpg  

Last edited by diffsoft : 20th June 2010 at 12:26. Reason: Remove an improperly edited photo
Old 20th June 2010, 13:58   #66
BHPian

This is going to be a new Mahindra e-car. :-)
Old 20th June 2010, 15:50   #67
BHPian

The REVA could have been the Indian answer to lets say a Prius (even though we cannot directly compare the 2). But when will our government see this as a future and subsidize the taxes for EV's? I strongly feel this is the future for automobiles.

I hope M&M will be able to use their muscle to get some special sanctions through as far as the taxations are concerned. We need more EV's on the road.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

What a hideous car. I this day and age, how difficult can it be to design a decent looking car?
Old 21st June 2010, 01:12   #69
Team-BHP Support

The green Reva in the previous page seems to be a DC job. I quite like it. But NXR looks a little off IMO.

I don't understand how the new Reva is an improvement over the old one. Even if the batteries are more powerful, I don't get it. And some suggested that it's more spacious. So is there place for a cup-holder now? Or an extra briefcase perhaps?

If Mani wants to make the Reva work, they should look at making it more practical and more spacious than what it is. Instead of looking at selling their cars to buyers who are filling up their 2nd or 3rd parking space, they should look at going mainstream and make a proper family car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 21st June 2010 at 01:18.
Old 21st June 2010, 02:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
What a hideous car. I this day and age, how difficult can it be to design a decent looking car?
Cant agree with you more.

Wonder what our friends from the Nano thread has to say about this car
Old 21st June 2010, 06:22   #71
BHPian

From the pics, I can imagine, the seating is going to be low OR the window glass is going to stay high making the side-way visibility harder.
Also, the ground clearance seems very low, alarmingly low [from the pics].
But for that, car looks big and looks little awkward, but too early to comment "ugly" util I see in-flesh.

Prem.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:07   #72
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Were these guys trying to design a X6 out of the Reva? Looks plain ugly with sharp lines IMO.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:31   #73
BHPian

haha a X6!. On a serious note this car could be the future on our Indian roads. The price of 4.5-5L (OTR) seem to be alright. The point is, if all the safety aspects are taken care of, then we sure have a winner. Let us wait till this e-machine hits the roads.
Old 21st June 2010, 23:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaholic View Post
I agree with the post that li-ions are dangerous, but what the R&D of companies like toyota are doing. you should look at tesla roadster. a group of normal engineers started a new car company in US to make first electric race car.
it uses li-ions and is the safest one. the technology they are using to make these battery system safe is very simple. i personally think Toyota prius is not a big achievement than reva when companies are compared. People in Europe find Reva as the cheapest and reliable electric car. for company like RECC gaining confidence in European market is a major achievement. We Indians can only be consumers of patented products but can never produce products which can be patented just because we want the every new product to be as cheap as it was invented ages ago.
+1 to that mate. Tesla has infact shamed the auto world. Everytime they set themselves a target, everyone from auto industry says it's not possible. So far Tesla proved them wrong and I hope they continue that trend. Yes, compared to Reva, Prius is not a big achievement. Reva is expensive. But government should chip in with tax breaks. THe Green reva for me looks great.
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:14   #75
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Were these guys trying to design a X6 out of the Reva? Looks plain ugly with sharp lines IMO.
No offense, but can we please have some constructive discussions in here? Looks are anyways subjective, and the Indian market didn't really care about the way that the Santro / NHC / Qualis etc. looked, did it? Each of these went on to become success stories.

Lets instead focus on the more important stuff - Technology, battery range, build quality, practicality, how Mahindra's network may work for (or against) Reva, will the new model be priced competitively (unlike the original Reva), can it carry 4 in comfort etc. etc.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks